U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM

37 posts, read 55,102 times

Advertisements

mini-rant... and questions...

I work in a building that has some 1300 employees, mostly female. I am older than the majority.

What is with these women wearing skin tight clothing? It just looks like they bought it a size too small or gained 20 lbs.

If you can't button your jacket, its too small. If your skirt clings to your thighs and shows horizontal 'pull' marks in the center, its too tight. If you can't wear underwear b/c of VPL, or you have to peeeeeel your pants down to use the restroom, its too tight. If you are constantly pulling at your blouse buttons to keep them closed, its too tight.

and... you're be more comfortable in clothing that fits correctly.

next up: 'get-off-my-lawn!" geez, I feel old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 11:25 AM

16,925 posts, read 13,678,820 times
I wear skin tight jeans. But nothing spills out. I think ...

People often buy the sizes they WANT to fit in. Or they see skin tight stuff on display but forget that it is for slim people and looks nasty on thicker ones.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:26 PM

2,612 posts, read 4,876,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBabbleL View Post

I work in a building that has some 1300 employees, mostly female. I am older than the majority.

What is with these women wearing skin tight clothing? It just looks like they bought it a size too small or gained 20 lbs.

If you can't button your jacket, its too small. If your skirt clings to your thighs and shows horizontal 'pull' marks in the center, its too tight. If you can't wear underwear b/c of VPL, or you have to peeeeeel your pants down to use the restroom, its too tight. If you are constantly pulling at your blouse buttons to keep them closed, its too tight.

I agree. Totally trashy, no matter how good the body looks. What baffles me is why they think wearing skin tight low rise pants that create a muffin top that shows through the skin tight shirt is something that looks OK.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:33 PM

15,601 posts, read 32,088,894 times
The trick to looking good is to wear clothing cut as small and fitted as possible WITHOUT "straining" anywhere. Obviously these people aren't paying attention to that detail, lol!

Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 PM

347 posts, read 423,515 times
"recession" they know materials are more scarce now, so they got us thinking tight is in...

It can look nice, but unprofessional looking.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:43 PM

13,022 posts, read 15,930,524 times
Quote:

you're be more comfortable in clothing that fits correctly.

Yeh!!!, but ain't it grand.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:05 PM

12,378 posts, read 20,978,474 times
The other thing to consider is that a lot of clothing -- no matter the price of it -- is made quite economically.... so there no extra to let out. There's usually a straight seam, and directly next to that is the serged finished edge.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:07 PM

339 posts, read 861,908 times
Please leave tight clothes out of the workplace. One woman in my office dresses like a hooker, and will never get respect or a better job because of it. She's nice and smart, but her clothes ruin it for her.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:10 PM

27,374 posts, read 34,275,915 times
Quote:

THANK YOU! I think all these women must not have access to mirrors. I cannot believe that they ever even leave the house, much less go to their place of employment, looking like they do.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:01 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,320,840 times
Quote:
I think all these women must not have access to mirrors.
I have a coworker whose clothing and dress styles leave no doubt about her body shape.
Her clothes literally CLING to her body!

It's not that they DON'T see it.
The problem is they DO see themselves, and think it's OK, appropriate and they look good.

((But I have my own body issues. I wear very BAGGY clothes. To the point where it may not "look neat." That can be "unprofessional, too. So which is worse...who am I to judge others.))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty