U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my looks in these pictures
Sparkling Handsome 0 0%
Nice: I like your body & clothes 7 13.46%
Average: Nothing special 34 65.38%
Meh: Should work more on your body & clothing choices 8 15.38%
Disgusting: You are a south asian guy, isnt it obvious 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 09:49 AM

811 posts, read 1,070,915 times

Advertisements

I don't understand some of these posters.

If you do not like what you read, hit "back" on the browser.

If you do not like what you read more, you know how to get a moderator.

The internet is a funny thing

Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 AM

3,782 posts, read 5,100,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
My hairstyle has changed since then. These photos are 4-5 months old. I have not taken any recent shots of myself. These were the newest I could find. I have also developed some muscle definition over this time period.
then why the hell would you post 4-5 month old picture for people to evaluate and give you feedback on? Are you looking for feedback on you 5 months ago, or your looks 'now'? (ps. how hard is it to take a current picture using your phone?)

wait...wait....wait....i know why.....you view these two pictures as your best pictures and your favorites.....ok nevermind

Old 11-22-2013, 10:02 AM

811 posts, read 1,070,915 times
After you fix hair and muscle tone, you need to take some leaves out of the books of Euro and British stags of the highest order in terms of fashion.

Always count on Vincent Cassel. I am wearing a shirt like the one in the first picture today. This picture inspired me so much, I collected all items on that except the watch.

The second picture is Mike Fassbender. Top to bottom. This is how men should dress and for this body shape is extremely important.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...-2057-2560.jpg

http://whoisscout.files.wordpress.co...nder-gq-2.jpeg

Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 AM

42,704 posts, read 45,356,470 times
Gel your hair.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:17 AM

34,581 posts, read 43,693,549 times
Horizontal stripes are bad.

The wife beater makes you look like a, well, wife beater.

Glad I'm almost 60 and never worried about this crap.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:31 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,306 posts, read 2,261,053 times
1. You need to smile!
2. In first picture, you slouched. I do that all the time too! Try to have good posture when standing; bring your chest out. It exudes self confident.

In term of the clothing:
I think they look normal. You look like an average Joe.

But if you want some upgrade if you feel like it, here is my suggestions from a part-time personal shopper perspective:
1. the jeans need to be fit (slim not skinny). Unfortunately it looks like skinny wont look good on you. Opt to dark washed jeans in your case. The color of jeans you wear in the first picture is not preferable.
2. Pick a shirt that match your body proportion. Shorter sleeve will emphasize area around your lower part of upper body. You have beautiful brown / black eyes and dark hair and eyebrows; accentuate that with darker color shirt just like in the second picture.
Again this is just my opinion. I hope you are not offended.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:40 AM

4,844 posts, read 9,881,472 times
You should wear a V-neck under your collared shirts. I wouldn't normally tell an Indian guy to do this, but you seem to have very little body hair for an Indian.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 AM

1,953 posts, read 5,345,027 times
the bed pose looks like something from Playgirl magazine centerfold pose

I dont see anything wrong with your hairstyle, it looks neat and well trimmed around the ears and neck

classic men's haircuts never go out of style, looks better than a "buzz cut" or shaved head

Old 11-22-2013, 11:09 AM

5,404 posts, read 5,540,014 times
This has WIN written all over it. But not really because...

I always suspect something when someone starts this type of thread. I basically don't believe that people can be so ridiculous and (insert any other word you know is true here) not only post a picture but to also ask for this type of feedback about themselves. Completely (insert any other word you know is true here).

So I can only come to a more rational conclusion, and that is that the person who posted this isn't the person in the picture. Especially given the OP's statement that he is thick skinned and encourages insults, I feel like the OP is looking for insults on the appearance of the person that he/she posted. It's devious.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 AM

11,882 posts, read 11,539,928 times
I will post a picture in a Suit with a smile once I graduate with a Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering degree this May from Rutgers. I think that is what most guys on this forum think is nice looking. Even then, I expect mixed reviews due to my origin and nationality.

I dont feel ashamed to expose myself in clothes I like to wear. Someone I don't know is going to see them, why bother if its on a public fashion forum or outside. Dating is a waste of time when I know I am going to have an arranged marriage anyways planned by my mother and father. Even if I get hit on (which has happened a couple times in the past), I turn it down.

For those who want to know my plans after college, I have a gutsy call. Hire me if you want to, else I am going to grad school (Already applied to 3 in the top 20), doing a PhD, and becoming a university researcher or professor .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty