U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my looks in these pictures
Sparkling Handsome 0 0%
Nice: I like your body & clothes 7 13.46%
Average: Nothing special 34 65.38%
Meh: Should work more on your body & clothing choices 8 15.38%
Disgusting: You are a south asian guy, isnt it obvious 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 04:31 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,553,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No offense, OP, but I really don't understand why anyone wants to come on here an open themselves up to the kind of comments that will be forthcoming.

Just - never a good idea; I don't care what you look like.

This! End thread & shut the door. Even if you looked like a supermodel, they'd still tear you down!

But here I understand your need to know what first impression you make.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:56 PM

811 posts, read 1,071,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
I don't understand the point the point of this thread. You said you're confident and have thick skin, so negative comments won't matter. Then why bother asking? No one asks how they look for entertainment and information. They do it for validation of how THEY feel they look, whether that's good or bad. Frankly, I'm a bit disturbed by your poll option which suggests that a South Asian male would be considered disgusting, simply because he's South Asian.

In later posts, you state that you will have an arranged marriage, that you have applied to top schools and have high ambitions, and then, counter criticism by stating that the pictures are several months old, even when you you originally stated that these were your best. Your obvious insecurity (by playing up educational opportunities) makes you less attractive, regardless of whether or not you are physically attractive.
Reality check.

Asian/South Asian males are lowest in the dating hierarchy among women of all ethnicities, even their own. I don't think the choice inclusion is any bad. It's a good option because it tackles reality.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:07 PM

994 posts, read 1,311,249 times
Why do you shave your armpits? That's kinda weird for a straight guys in the US (assuming you're straight and live in the US).

I voted average. Nothing wrong with that! I means that, in an especially well-fitted suit and with a red carpet ready hair style, you could look handsome.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:11 PM

3,783 posts, read 5,101,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post

What's with all the emoticons and caps? I think you might be a woman. Did I strike a nerve? I thought you were thick skinned. I didn’t even think I said anything insulting.

I makes more sense that you would do what I said you did rather than what you propose to be really doing, that’s why. So ease up there cowboy and switch to decaf.

Rather than why you would do what I proposed you did, I think the better question is why you are doing what you propose you are. You followin’ me professor?

Yes, any negative reviews will be due to your origin and nationality rather than what people think about the way you look. Do you think about what you write before writing it?

And dude, DUDE! If you think dating is a waste of time you must not be male (or female). Are you saying you haven’t been on a date? And your how old bro? oh man, I am sending you a (virtual) bro hug and telling you sincerely, go on some dates. Women are fun to be with, lots of fun. LOTS! You catchin’ what I’m throwin’? Pay attention man!

Thanks for filling us in on your plans after college. I’m sure many of us were very curious and hoping you would. When are you going to reveal your favorite food and favorite color? Don’t keep us in suspense! Oh, and thanks for letting us know we can hire you, I happen to have been looking to hire a narcissistic inexperienced engineer. How are you at cleaning toilets?

Good to hear that you applied to the top programs. They don’t let just anyone apply you know. I mean one must have internet access and a printer to get those coveted application forms. Regretfully, I don’t think you’ll make it as an academic, they like professors to have at least a little hair in their armpits.

Best of luck professor. Hope you don’t get all blowed up building rockets.

^^^ lol funniest thing i've read all day. Thanks for the laughs! lolol

Old 11-22-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
The bed photo reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George Costanza posing in his underwear..
LOL bahhahahahahahahaha

Old 11-22-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Its true they are several months old, but its the best I have from recent times.

I said I am tough in resisting any criticisms regarding my looks.

However, I am extremely sensitive to criticisms regarding my educational qualifications. All the tireless effort I have put in for 18 years day and night to make sure I study sincerely and with deep interest and passion to understand the material being swept off in a couple words is indeed painful.

I countered to provide answers for potential issues of educational criticisms which will be thrown in my way. If I did not, here is what some people will say.

"So, you are graduating and want to dress up and wear a nice suit for graduation. But after all the enjoyment and graduating from college, what will you do with life. Remain unemployed or underemployed like 50% of the college graduate population. Good luck with that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

Hence I included my educational and career plans after college as well. Its difficult for me to cope with educational criticism, and I have always been this way from the day I joined school in 1995. Statements like the one above have been made in my face before by people older than me and are indeed very painful.

Yes I am very secure about my looks, but am easily aggravated when people take a quick shot and criticize me by saying how useless my education is. That is unlikely to change for eternity.
psh.....Engineering school is a piece of cake.....compared to medical school, or being a server at a fancy restaurant. it's pretty much 4 years of partying and maybe one tough semester when doing your thesis project.....again, being an engineer is not that hard, so sorry you've wasted your time thinking it's a challenge and worth something. pleeeeeeease!!!!

Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 PM

321 posts, read 505,555 times
I voted for average looking. You need a better wardrobe for sure. Dump the striped polos and too light jeans. Check out a website like Dappered for styling tips.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:37 PM

2,612 posts, read 4,872,006 times
Trying too hard. That's not attractive. Physically, fine.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:19 PM

5,405 posts, read 5,541,199 times
Girls aren't interested in looks, they only care about what you drive so keep wearing the tank top and grow out the unibrow, it looks good on you. Oh, and I totally agree with the gal that said you should wear make up, just keep the lipstick a more natural shade, no need to go overboard ya know. A nice murse would be good too.

A little advice, if you don't want people talking about your education...ummm, don't put it out there (and try to brag about it). Man what's with you engineers anyway? You might want to stop taking so many math classes and try one that focuses on social skills.

Here, I'll give you real advice young one. Women like men with personality, wit, and confidence. Throw in some humor, a dash of intellect, and just a tad of emotion. That's a good recipe for what women refer to as a fine dish. The vast majority will take a less physically attractive man who has those qualities over one who doesn't any day.

You'll learn that with time, experience (go on some dates!), and maturity. Best of luck with your protractors.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,541,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Here, I'll give you real advice young one. Women like men with personality, wit, and confidence. Throw in some humor, a dash of intellect, and just a tad of emotion. That's a good recipe for what women refer to as a fine dish. The vast majority will take a less physically attractive man who has those qualities over one who doesn't any day.

You'll learn that with time, experience (go on some dates!), and maturity. Best of luck with your protractors.
Yes, I know and getting women is not hard for me. I do throw in a bit of wit, confidence, and intellect while talking to my female friend (Just a good friend, nothing more happening here) who also happens to be a math nerd and she gets aroused fairly easily. Its maintaining the healthy relationship by receiving a reassuring approval from parents which is the hard part. Once approval is complete, its a fun ride from there on.

However, its highly unlikely that such approvals will be passed by my parents. Getting such approvals is as hard as being licensed to own self defense equipments within the state of New Jersey, which usually takes a very long time and typically ends up being rejected.

I talked about it with my other friends and they said "I feel for you man, there is nothing you can do about it as a South Asian. Its an endless vortex that sucks you in and swallows you whole without allowing you to breathe and take control of yourself. In a way, that is true ".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty