Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my looks in these pictures
Sparkling Handsome 0 0%
Nice: I like your body & clothes 7 13.46%
Average: Nothing special 34 65.38%
Meh: Should work more on your body & clothing choices 8 15.38%
Disgusting: You are a south asian guy, isnt it obvious 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:52 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
You have great potential to me, the body looks good and not overly built, not to skinny. You have good natural proportion to your face. It's ok for men to wear a bit of make up as well. You have good eyes so just trim those brows, but to add healthy glow use a bronze blush gel, just a bit on your cheeks. Looking healthy is what attractive is about according to science. We are attracted to health. You can cheat a bit but getting healthy will be the real deal.

Oh, and if you are short add some type of boot or tennis shoe with a bit of height. Like sketchers or similar brand. If you are on a budget, most of this can be found second hand or garage sales. Use the money for eyebrows and hair color.

Here is my fashion advice - - keep us updated! These threads are fun to me. It's fun to work on yourself, don't get hung up on naysayers. Be who you want to be. If it's good looking you want, that's easy. Just get healthy and show it off a bit.

Lose 10 to 15 lbs, that's it though don't go to far. Start a daily jog, women love men who are out jogging or biking. Eat veggies, drink water.
Get your eyebrows done! Sounds silly but makes a big difference on men. Lighten your hair about a shade, and get a relaxer on it so it's manageable. Don't wear a suit or you'll look like an Intel worker, unless you do work at Intel. Get some darker jeans or cords that fit and have a slimmer line and some lighter shirts, t-shirts or button ups. This will reduce the lower while building the top. A (V) shape to the body is attractive. You can wear a "cough" wife beater with the button up open. That looks nice but call it a tank top. Above all, don't have a cocky attitude, work on a relaxed attitude with some yoga or meditation. What's on the inside tends to show on the outside regardless of how you look.

Here are some pics of what I'm talking about.
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but makeup on guys is not a good thing. If a man is covering a scar or something like that, then maybe. But adding sparkle to the cheeks is so not a good idea for a man. If he wants a healthy glow, he can get that by washing his face morning and night and getting some exercise.

I do agree he'd look better with slightly less eyebrow, but he doesn't need to lighten his hair...most men have hair that grows really fast and he'd end up having to dye it every two weeks or so to make it look right. He also doesn't need a relaxer, just some gel.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:13 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
The bed photo reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George Costanza posing in his underwear..
This one?

Amazon.com - Seinfeld George The Timeless Art of Seduction TV Poster Print Poster Poster Print, 36x24

Old 11-22-2013, 12:25 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,717 times
Yes you are an average looking kid. Good description. If you lived here in Austin and you were straight you would get dates. I can see you seem to be a nice person from your expression.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:26 PM

6,459 posts, read 7,796,492 times
And another thing...if you aren't interested in attracting the opposite sex, what matter are your looks?

Old 11-22-2013, 01:04 PM

143 posts, read 246,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
The bed photo reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George Costanza posing in his underwear..

Dying...

Old 11-22-2013, 02:20 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
The first picture is ok. Clothing's acceptable, but keep your hands off your pockets when posing and hold your back straight up, you would look better. You need new sunglasses ASAP. What color socks do you wear? If white, drop them.

The second picture... I don't know what to say. I don't even want to look at it. Tank tops for men should be banned from the face of this earth forever. Drop them and buy nice t-shirts.

Smile!

I don't want to go into your physical appearance, but you look ok, especially if you have a new haircut.

But I'm an European male, what do I know?

Old 11-22-2013, 02:31 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,472 times
Thin the hair out and keep it short! That Seinfeld pose rocks! Don't wear make-up, ever! Wear only black, white or blue.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:35 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,130 times
I don't understand the point the point of this thread. You said you're confident and have thick skin, so negative comments won't matter. Then why bother asking? No one asks how they look for entertainment and information. They do it for validation of how THEY feel they look, whether that's good or bad. Frankly, I'm a bit disturbed by your poll option which suggests that a South Asian male would be considered disgusting, simply because he's South Asian.

In later posts, you state that you will have an arranged marriage, that you have applied to top schools and have high ambitions, and then, counter criticism by stating that the pictures are several months old, even when you you originally stated that these were your best. Your obvious insecurity (by playing up educational opportunities) makes you less attractive, regardless of whether or not you are physically attractive.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:20 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
In later posts, you state that you will have an arranged marriage, that you have applied to top schools and have high ambitions, and then, counter criticism by stating that the pictures are several months old, even when you you originally stated that these were your best. Your obvious insecurity (by playing up educational opportunities) makes you less attractive, regardless of whether or not you are physically attractive.
Its true they are several months old, but its the best I have from recent times.

I said I am tough in resisting any criticisms regarding my looks.

However, I am extremely sensitive to criticisms regarding my educational qualifications. All the tireless effort I have put in for 18 years day and night to make sure I study sincerely and with deep interest and passion to understand the material being swept off in a couple words is indeed painful.

I countered to provide answers for potential issues of educational criticisms which will be thrown in my way. If I did not, here is what some people will say.

"So, you are graduating and want to dress up and wear a nice suit for graduation. But after all the enjoyment and graduating from college, what will you do with life. Remain unemployed or underemployed like 50% of the college graduate population. Good luck with that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

Hence I included my educational and career plans after college as well. Its difficult for me to cope with educational criticism, and I have always been this way from the day I joined school in 1995. Statements like the one above have been made in my face before by people older than me and are indeed very painful.

Yes I am very secure about my looks, but am easily aggravated when people take a quick shot and criticize me by saying how useless my education is. That is unlikely to change for eternity.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:24 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
Frankly, I'm a bit disturbed by your poll option which suggests that a South Asian male would be considered disgusting, simply because he's South Asian.
I agree! The inclusion of that is very telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty