Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 10:05 PM

54 posts, read 86,613 times

Advertisements

or most likely girls that dye their hair that color.

I live in the good ol American south and I have noticed a pattern. As much as they might say that blonde hair is rare or recessive, I tend to see it a lot more than I should. In fact majority of the White females I see in real life are blondes usually with a light color to the point it is White. This kind of look is very common among girls in sororities.

Now I have met amazing women in real life from all hair colors, eye colors, and skin colors so I am not saying a girl is a bad person for her hair color. But I have to admit that after so many experiences, there is something I notice about girls with the light blond hair color in the south.

Almost all of them

1. Look down on anyone they don't know
2. Come off as rude and arrogant
3. Are more stuckup than other kinds of women out there
4. Just hate anyone that is foreign or too different from them
5. Just have the princess complex going for them

And I never experienced this with blonds when I lived in Germany and stayed in Sweden. I have only experienced this in America and nowhere else.

Are my friends and I the only one experiencing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
First, with 7 billion people on the planet, any question that begins, "Am I the only one who ..." the answer is no.

Women who behave like you describe may be more likely to bleach their hair blonde, not the other way around. The South has that whole fascination with beauty pageants, cheerleading and great big blonde hair, so I don't doubt that you encounter a lot of them. But you say that the majority of women you see are bleached blonde, and almost all of them are stuck-up princesses. That is a huge generalization. How on earth would you have that kind of experience with "almost all" of the "majority" of women you see in real life? The blonde woman behind you at the grocery store is an arrogant sorority princess? The cashier is too? The blonde women you pass on your way back to the car are rude and hate foreigners? It sounds like plain old prejudice to me.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Well I do admit, when I traveled to Europe I did not meet many blondes with this kind of a problem if any. I would say most were good people. Even in the south I have met women with blond hair who were amazing people. But I am talking about the majority of the ones here and yes they do seem to fit the description I am describing.

I see this heavily among sorority girls and to a greater extent among blonde sorority girls. You see, I recently went on a date with this brunette in a major sorority and she was down to earth but her blonde sisters were just that, stuck up and looking down on almost everyone.

I was unaware of the south having this fascination that you speak of. I always looked as people down south being more down to earth and less shallow.

Last edited by Libertine The Great; 11-24-2013 at 12:16 PM..

Old 11-24-2013, 12:24 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,415 times
People are people, no matter the hair color, besides why would anyone want associate with mean folks...Move on and enjoy your life...

Old 11-24-2013, 02:53 PM

9,719 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Too much time on your hands.

Last edited by rdlr; 11-24-2013 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-24-2013, 07:39 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
Bleaching your hair blond takes a lot of time, money and upkeep. It might be that the girls who are willing to make that kind of investment in themselves are more shallow and focused on appearance. It might also be that the girls who are able to afford it come from families with some money...the children of people with money are often stuck up when they're in high school and college, later on they outgrow it or disguise it as sympathy for the less fortunate.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Bleaching your hair blond takes a lot of time, money and upkeep. It might be that the girls who are willing to make that kind of investment in themselves are more shallow and focused on appearance. It might also be that the girls who are able to afford it come from families with some money...the children of people with money are often stuck up when they're in high school and college, later on they outgrow it or disguise it as sympathy for the less fortunate.
wow....

now I finally see it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty