Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 11:37 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times

Advertisements

Why do people have it in their minds that if someone is ugly then their stuck being ugly for the rest of their lives?

That misinformation is everywhere. It's all over forums, dating and relationship sites, movies, t.v shows and ads.

Unless you are physically deformed then your not ugly. Everyone has the potential to look good.

The difference is some people are naturally beautiful and do not have to do any work to maintain their beauty. Some women don't need makeup to make their skin glow, or some guys just have natural clear skin. That life. Some people are gifted musically, some at sports, some guys like myself are just naturally strong and we only need to be in the gym for like 10 minutes to gain muscle while other guys have to work harder.

My point is ugly people are not ugly. We just need to work harder to make ourselves look attractive.

I have bad skin. I get pimples easy, ingrown hairs, and facial scars. I have to stay on top of my face to make sure its clear.

If your overweight go to the gym.
Buck teeth go to the dentist.
Teeth are yellow, cutback on the candy, coffee, sip on some water and your get your teeth whiten.
If you had bad skin go get daily facials.
Being ugly is a choice.

You can even manipulate facial symmetry without cosmetic surgery. Teeth surgery, trimming eye brows, haircuts, makeup for women etc.
It cost money and time for some of us to be attractive. Thats the difference.

So instead of just washing your face with a bar soap and a used rag why don't you educate yourself on proper facial skin care. Use exfoliants and the right facial wash. Find your skin type. Floss your teeth. Get good lotion. Keep some chapstick/lipstick on you. Spray a little cologne, perfume that won't hurt. Put down the big mac and double cheeseburger sometimes and eat something good for you more often. Hit the gym more often.

I can't tell you how to unlock your inner beauty. Everyone is good looking in their own way but society is lying to you, me all of us. Ugliness isn't permenant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 11:44 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Where on earth did you get the idea that people think ugliness is permanent?
There are multibillion dollar industries that market the opposite to sell their products.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:09 AM

448 posts, read 763,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Where on earth did you get the idea that people think ugliness is permanent?
There are multibillion dollar industries that market the opposite to sell their products.
I'm going to agree with stan here. Some really gross looking people just give up but I'd think most people know they can improve their looks if they want.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:23 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
People don't have to be beautiful. People don't have to use make up, those are poison, people don't have to be skinnier or better looking by any means. There is no need to spend money to look better. There is life to live and rather put your moneys to your happiness and experiences.

Some people in this world just need to stop demand that a person next to them should look better. YOU who are judging your neighbours look are ugly to someone too. You have no rights to say what other living being "should" look like. People in this world are not here to please you. You are not above others.

If you are disturbed by someones looks, take a mirror of your pocket and admire yourself

Old 11-24-2013, 05:22 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
looks are the single most important factor when it comes to having success with the opposite sex

you can be a scumbag with no money and no morals and still get chicks if your a good looking SOB

most people are shallow

Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 AM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
"Why does society say that ugliness is permanent when its not?"

Society does NOT say that... odd you would think so.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:22 AM

170 posts, read 373,019 times
The problem for men is that their major "ugly" traits are unable to be changed. Which traits am I talking about? Ask a woman to describe an ugly guy and she'll say "short, fat, and bald." The only one of those that can be changed is fatness. There are no fixes for shortness or baldness (though I think stem cell research holds some promise for fixing hair loss this century). As a guy, your height and hair make or break you.

On the other hand, barring any severe genetic deformities, all a woman has to do to be attractive is be in shape and apply makeup correctly. With makeup she can cover up any imperfections like acne (Maria Sharapova has bad acne, believe it or not), dark circles under her eyes, asymmetry, etc. And she can likewise make her attractive facial features stand out. Guys are stuck with their natural face, for better or worse. It's not even socially acceptable for a guy to tweeze his eyebrows. If he does, his buddies will make fun of him.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
People don't have to be beautiful. People don't have to use make up, those are poison, people don't have to be skinnier or better looking by any means. There is no need to spend money to look better. There is life to live and rather put your moneys to your happiness and experiences.

Some people in this world just need to stop demand that a person next to them should look better. YOU who are judging your neighbours look are ugly to someone too. You have no rights to say what other living being "should" look like. People in this world are not here to please you. You are not above others.

If you are disturbed by someones looks, take a mirror of your pocket and admire yourself
You completely misunderstood my post and twisted into something negative. The only thing I was saying, is that ugly people who wish to be attractive can be attractive. Alot of them walk around with a black cloud like their lives are doomed. I was once ugly and I fixed myself up.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundOfMuzak View Post
The problem for men is that their major "ugly" traits are unable to be changed. Which traits am I talking about? Ask a woman to describe an ugly guy and she'll say "short, fat, and bald." The only one of those that can be changed is fatness. There are no fixes for shortness or baldness (though I think stem cell research holds some promise for fixing hair loss this century). As a guy, your height and hair make or break you.

On the other hand, barring any severe genetic deformities, all a woman has to do to be attractive is be in shape and apply makeup correctly. With makeup she can cover up any imperfections like acne (Maria Sharapova has bad acne, believe it or not), dark circles under her eyes, asymmetry, etc. And she can likewise make her attractive facial features stand out. Guys are stuck with their natural face, for better or worse. It's not even socially acceptable for a guy to tweeze his eyebrows. If he does, his buddies will make fun of him.
I'm balding. I keep my hair cut low but I rarely if ever heard of a women say bald is ugly.

Vin diesal, Dwayne the rock johnson, Jason statham are all bald or balding and they are female icons. Most women find baldness masculine and very attractive.

https://www.facebook.com/VinDiesel

https://www.facebook.com/DwayneJohnson

https://www.facebook.com/JasonStatham

https://www.facebook.com/TyreseGibsonOnline

Yeah..30 million plus women disagree with you there buddy...

Old 11-24-2013, 08:06 AM

170 posts, read 373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I'm balding. I keep my hair cut low but I rarely if ever heard of a women say bald is ugly.

Vin diesal, Dwayne the rock johnson, Jason statham are all bald or balding and they are female icons. Most women find baldness masculine and very attractive.

https://www.facebook.com/VinDiesel

https://www.facebook.com/DwayneJohnson

https://www.facebook.com/JasonStatham

https://www.facebook.com/TyreseGibsonOnline

Yeah..30 million plus women disagree with you there buddy...
Funny, because I never hear women talk about those guys like they're sex symbols. It's always Brad Pitt or George Clooney or Ryan Gosling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty