Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 02:10 PM

26,645 posts, read 28,492,831 times

Advertisements

Winter--when it's 20 outside like today--sweat pants, T shirt, zip sweat jacket. Flannel lined moccasins. I swear by lined moccasins--keep your feet warm, the rest of your body is warm too.

Summer--short cotton tank dress or shorts and tank top, flip flops or barefoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,827,158 times
Winter: Long johns, or sweat pants, socks and house shoes with long sleeve shirt.

Summer: shorts, t-shirt, and bare-foot.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:38 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,153,614 times
It was nasty cold out yesterday. Today is slightly balmier, but still long sleeve weather.

I love long sleeves at home and wear them as soon as my thermostat drops below 70 F. I have thin skin and really cold hands all the time (prime reason I am unmanly up here since men should never feel or complain about the cold, yet whining about the heat is "manly" in this part of the country ). I am built for a tropical habitat .

Old 11-25-2013, 03:07 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,241,315 times
I have to get up, shower, do hair, make up , even when hanging out at home.full jewelry, ironed clothes, shoes, socks, otherwise I never get it together, and do nothing all day. I have to get in a work mode.when I was a SAHM, I literally put on a uniform, with work apron and gloves, so I would stay on task!

Old 11-25-2013, 03:10 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,105,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Ha! But what if someone comes to the door????? What I wear around the house is determined by the color of my pets and house temperature. I'd love to wear a top & bottom lounge set, maybe a Stan Herman, in black or wine velour but with 3 blond pets, it won't work. In winter, it's so cold in the house, I have to wear layers--wool sweater, flannel lined jeans--not so flattering and not 100% comfy either. Now if I lived in a warm climate, I'd wear muu muus around the house!
They're just going to have to deal with my slovenly self LOL.
OK, I might put on a bra, depending who it is.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:13 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,806,948 times
Old jeans that have massive holes in them, and old t-shirts that have holes in them and are frayed. Basically, I wear clothes that most people would've thrown away or turned into cleaning rags. I do wash them regularly, they're just holey.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
Old jeans that have massive holes in them, and old t-shirts that have holes in them and are frayed. Basically, I wear clothes that most people would've thrown away or turned into cleaning rags. I do wash them regularly, they're just holey.
Clothes with even the smallest holes are dumped on sight at my place. I once had a T shirt with 1/3" holes at the underarms. I thought of cutting off the sleeves and using it as a workout tank for weightlifting after slight modifications. Mom threw it out the next second and used it as her cleaning rag .

Old 11-25-2013, 05:48 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,105,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Clothes with even the smallest holes are dumped on sight at my place. I once had a T shirt with 1/3" holes at the underarms. I thought of cutting off the sleeves and using it as a workout tank for weightlifting after slight modifications. Mom threw it out the next second and used it as her cleaning rag .
You need to move out. You're not gonna change mom! And as long as you are there you have to play by her rules.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
You need to move out. You're not gonna change mom! And as long as you are there you have to play by her rules.
Things will take a sharp turn next year since I will most likely have to leave NJ for job or graduate school. Excited, yet scared at the same time. If I get a job, I will be able to support my parents, and nothing would make me happier than to gift them for years of sincere effort in raising me.

Now back to the topic, while sleeping I love wearing deep blue muscle tees with blue plaid sweatpants. Nothing is more comfortable. In the winter, I do put a sweatshirt on top, but unknowingly remove it sometime at night, because I don't see sleeves when I wake up.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-25-2013 at 06:45 PM..

Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,950,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
The phrase " You look like a deranged Easter Bunny" springs to mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty