Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:31 AM

6,809 posts, read 6,889,962 times

Advertisements

summer - t shirt or tank (no bra) and shorts - barefoot
winter - t shirt or long sleeve sweater and pants - fuzzy socks
no makeup on stay at home days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 07:17 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,133,141 times
Why do I ALWAYS feel much colder than those around me. Often, everyone around me is in T-shirts and I am wearing a hoodie or long sleeves with another layer underneath. Often I get asked "are you cold" and laughed at for my low tolerance. It makes me look weak, which is very embarrassing for a 6' 0.5" guy. Never have I felt comfortable wearing a T shirt in winter even with 2 blankets on top of me.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:18 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,119,466 times
Ha! But what if someone comes to the door????? What I wear around the house is determined by the color of my pets and house temperature. I'd love to wear a top & bottom lounge set, maybe a Stan Herman, in black or wine velour but with 3 blond pets, it won't work. In winter, it's so cold in the house, I have to wear layers--wool sweater, flannel lined jeans--not so flattering and not 100% comfy either. Now if I lived in a warm climate, I'd wear muu muus around the house!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:22 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,884,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I'm talking days, or parts of days (or nights) when you know you won't have visitors, and there's nobody around who might raise an eyebrow or two over how slovenly you look. For instance, this morning I pretty much was a slob until 1 pm, when I prettied up and went grocery shopping and then a late lunch with friends.

I know there are people who wake up, shower, dress nicely and do hair and makeup, even if they're not planning on going anywhere at all and vacuuming and doing laundry are about the only things on the agenda. I'm not one of those people.

Summer: loose shorts or a skirt, no bra, baggy t-shirt, barefoot.
Winter: sweats or flannel pj bottoms, no bra, baggy t-shirt, socks or slippers.

I'm only talking in the privacy of your own house! Not wearing pajamas to go grocery shopping or whatever.
What do you mean "wear"? I thought that was optional.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:45 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,388,178 times
Panda onesie:
Fleece Red Tear Panda Adult Onesie Pajamas

Old 11-25-2013, 12:47 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,952,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I'm talking days, or parts of days (or nights) when you know you won't have visitors, and there's nobody around who might raise an eyebrow or two over how slovenly you look. For instance, this morning I pretty much was a slob until 1 pm, when I prettied up and went grocery shopping and then a late lunch with friends.

I know there are people who wake up, shower, dress nicely and do hair and makeup, even if they're not planning on going anywhere at all and vacuuming and doing laundry are about the only things on the agenda. I'm not one of those people.

Summer: loose shorts or a skirt, no bra, baggy t-shirt, barefoot.
Winter: sweats or flannel pj bottoms, no bra, baggy t-shirt, socks or slippers.

I'm only talking in the privacy of your own house! Not wearing pajamas to go grocery shopping or whatever.

Whatever I feel like putting on that day which is what I wear everyday whether I stay home or go out to the grocery.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:54 PM

28,225 posts, read 36,688,530 times
Depends:

t-shirt or tank top + yoga pants or knit skirt. Perhaps a sweatshirt or hoody or blanket.

Or a chemise! In a soft and cozy material.

Perhaps a sports bra or an ill-fitting bra that I am not throwing away that is too big in the band. Or one of those terrible "comfort bras" that all of the mainstream stores keep hawking like they actually give you support. They are awesome for sleeping.

I have one wall heater in my studio, so some sections are toasty, and other sections are chilly. I don't really like long sleeved t-shirts, and they wouldn't get much wear so I don't have many of them.

I don't wear makeup that often in general, so home days are makeup free. But in reality, makeup days are more like 1-2x a week. Sometimes I'll go crazy and increase it to 4!

Old 11-25-2013, 02:47 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,236,321 times
I swear by hospital scrubs in the winter with a fleece pullover, thick socks.

Summer - tank top, scrubs and barefoot.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:50 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,087,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
I am the same as you. What I wear around the house is something comfortable and I am not above staying in my pajamas all day! We keep the house cool in the winter so I have several long sleeve thermal underwear shirts I bought on sale to wear along with comfortable jeans or flannel sleep pants. The summer it is a t shirt and shorts.

There are times that I feel too frumpy so I take the extra effort to do my hair and put on some blush , just as a pick me up.

Same here - why waste makeup and good clothes if you are alone? Winter: house at 61 so its long underwear with sweats on top

Old 11-25-2013, 02:50 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,396,140 times
Winter, sweats or jeans+sweater. Plus thick socks. Summer is easier, usually naked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty