U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 05:09 PM

27,330 posts, read 30,588,116 times

Advertisements

I don't think it is the epitome of style, but it is fairly practical. A billion years ago I had an LL Bean fleece. It was really warm, but to be honest, that stuff doesn't even remotely fit my style. Working out or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 10:35 AM

22,165 posts, read 893,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Love TNF, it's functional and looks good. Just don't pay retail for it, there are plenty of places online that you can find it cheaper.
Thank you for this. I was given an insulated coat with hood. Twenty-degree weather today with strong winds in my face tells me to look for something to protect my cheeks, and I could use something inexpensive, since I won't necessarily have many opportunities to use what I manage to find.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:31 AM

5,094 posts, read 4,423,077 times
I just bought a NorthFace 700 fill jacket. I like the fit and it is very light. I also appreciate the lifetime warranty. We have a North Face store in the mall.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 PM

5,831 posts, read 4,197,254 times
Love TNF, fits well, comfortable and if it's an insulated coat it will keep you warm.

I agree that other, cheaper brands like Columbia do the trick just as well too.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:05 AM

400 posts, read 476,679 times
I purchased North Face ski pants and they are great quality, I had them on for a few hours last week while clearing snow with the guys when it was brutal here in Buffalo with the wind, kept my legs toasty. I'm ready to purchase a jacket and gloves, they are one of a few brands that still are producing good products while being popular.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:10 AM

7,392 posts, read 2,689,560 times
I like North Face jackets and even saw one the other day - one of the furry ones, really soft, but it cost too much. They don't seem to ever go on sale. I do agree with BATCAT about the logo thing - I hate clothes with logos because I don't want to be a walking advertisement for their clothes, especially paying my own money to buy a jacket with a product ad.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM

19,116 posts, read 27,214,924 times
If you want to fit in here in Boston, just buy a black North Face jacket, throw on some black leggings with brown Ugg boots and get yourself a Coach purse

Regardless, I have a Cabela's parka that I love and was half the price of anything sold by North Face. It stood up extremely well in the polar vortex we just had, and I had zero issues walking to the train station when the wind chill was -17.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:27 PM

3,572 posts, read 6,673,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It's amazing how popular the North Face brand is. Just wondering what peoples opinion of North Face is? Particularly for their fleeces. I noticed men's fleece is now going for $179.00. Is it worth it? Does it keep you that warm? Does the quality justify the high cost? Or is North Face more gimmick?
I've also noticed how popular it is, but don't get the appeal and don't know anybody who wears it. I've noticed too that when one person in a group is wearing it, more often than not they all are. I don't get the appeal, but then there are things I like that I'm sure others don't get the appeal of either.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:31 PM

2,282 posts, read 2,556,337 times
Used to be usable mountain gear. I still have TNF Portaledge. Seems still sort of ok but nothing special anymore.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:54 PM

639 posts, read 1,620,339 times
I never understood why everyone wore that exact same black North Face fleece jacket, I think it's called "denali"? But I got one of the soft plush jackets when I found it for %50 off and that thing is warmer than most of my coats! Now I've got a North Face hoodie too, and it's much warmer than any other hoodie I've ever had. I'm always cold so I'm pretty particular about jackets and coats.

I like Patagonia and the others too, but the store near my house puts a ton of North Face on clearance every year, so I usually end up with TNF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty