U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 PM

108 posts, read 122,941 times

Advertisements

I own a couple of their jackets and I bought one for my wife on valentines day. I love both of my jackets from TNF as does my wife. Yes they are more expensive than their counterparts but that is the price you pay for exclusivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 12:01 AM

559 posts, read 738,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

Plus, i do not like it when a company puts their name/logo on a jacket.
Thank you, always hated this brand because of that horrible logo on the back of their jackets. And the name doesn't help either, comes off as pretentious to me, I had to look it up, not having climbed mountains I had no idea what it referred to. Abbreviated as TNF would be an improvement, IMO.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:20 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,316,740 times
I love NF gear, I dont care how trendy it is. They make durable, quality clothing that seems to fit me just right. The price tag is way way to high on new items but ebay has plenty of NF gear at a reasonable price.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:11 PM

332 posts, read 410,326 times
TNF is great for more functional winter wear, as is Kathmandu here in Oz, however neither is cheap. Generally, I could find comparable quality for fleeces etc at a cheaper price elsewhere, so I save stuff like TNF for jackets or shoes.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:12 AM

7 posts, read 4,827 times
I think it all depends on the person and their purpose for purchasing. North Face fleeces are good in quality and noticeably warmer than many less expensive brands. As with most things, you pay for a higher quality material as well as craftsmanship but there is of course a good amount of mark up tagged onto on all these products. Thats just the way it is. I believe there are comparable brands but many are also somewhat pricey. If you are a person who's interests and hobbies involve the outdoors you will quickly find what works well for you and which companies you feel comfortable trusting in because of their tendency to have have reliable products. If you are looking for a good fleece that will do as it should- be comfortable, keep you warm and hold up well over time, North Face is a good choice and is definitely worth the cost. For those who worry about the logo and such- I'm not big on being a walking ad for anyone either and do not own much with a logo on it, however, that being said, there are some key articles of clothing that you wear for more for its purpose & benefits, not always looking to worry about trying to be a fashion statement. Thats way overthinking things. To freeze so you can wear something of a lesser quality seems pretty vain and ridiculous to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty