Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 12:14 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Chill! Do you not have a hot water bottle? Heat rice in the micro and stuff it in a sock - same thing but renewable. Try to be pretty and dolled up in not much fabric, lots of make up and hair spray and go to a function. There is no such thing as Cuddle Duds for female evening attire. Layers, layers, layers, hot tea, cocoa, broth. Socks!!! At least you do not have long hair to rinse.
First off, I am a guy .

I got the heater fixed. Turned out to be that the temperature was set too low. Finally warmed up after doing a quick flurry of karate kicks . That's what I recommend anyone to do if they feel cold and nobody is within a 15' radius. It was just an annoying experience, not unbearable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 12:37 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
First off, I am a guy .

I got the heater fixed. Turned out to be that the temperature was set too low. Finally warmed up after doing a quick flurry of karate kicks . That's what I recommend anyone to do if they feel cold and nobody is within a 15' radius. It was just an annoying experience, not unbearable.

LOL, not that I was the person you were talking to, but I myself am not sure why I thought you were a lady. Think I mixed your nick up with another poster. Either way, I get your frustration, this morning, I woke up to a building without any type of electrical power. Thank goodness that I was able to feel my way around and I have these battery powered lights posted around my place. Not sure when the power came back on exactly, but after about an hour I went back to sleep and a couple hours later the powere was back on. So the day was saved for all that needed to power up for turkey day, since everything in my building is electric.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Either way, I get your frustration, this morning, I woke up to a building without any type of electrical power. Thank goodness that I was able to feel my way around and I have these battery powered lights posted around my place. Not sure when the power came back on exactly, but after about an hour I went back to sleep and a couple hours later the powere was back on. So the day was saved for all that needed to power up for turkey day, since everything in my building is electric.
Where do you live. Was there a severe storm in your area which knocked down power lines. Driving conditions were nasty yesterday night with a 5 car accident due to sleet on roadways, but power was not an issue.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Where do you live. Was there a severe storm in your area which knocked down power lines. Driving conditions were nasty yesterday night with a 5 car accident due to sleet on roadways, but power was not an issue.
Florida, but we did have serious temperature drops and high winds. We often get outings and surges in my area, but none, for some time, as bad as the power outing of earlier this morning.

BTW, I lived in Jersey for 11 years back in the 80's -90's Then again, you could be referencing a different Brusnswick.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
BTW, I lived in Jersey for 11 years back in the 80's -90's Then again, you could be referencing a different Brusnswick.
There are only 4 Brunswick's in Jersey, and they are all right next to each other. New Brunswick, North Brunswick, East Brunswick, and South Brunswick. These towns cover up pretty much 60% of Middlesex county by land area. The Middlesex county seat is held in New Brunswick, NJ. I have been living here for the past 4 years, so I am referencing the ones in NJ.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
There are only 4 Brunswick's in Jersey, and they are all right next to each other. New Brunswick, North Brunswick, East Brunswick, and South Brunswick. These towns cover up pretty much 60% of Middlesex county by land area. The Middlesex county seat is held in New Brunswick, NJ. I have been living here for the past 4 years, so I am referencing the ones in NJ.
OK, I wasn't sure because I hadn't seen the NJ reference in the upper right part of your area listing. I wasn't sure if you could possibly be in another state all together or for that matter country. LOL

I lived in Monmouth County. Red Bank, Eatontown, Ocean twnshp.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:15 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Back to the original question: we have restaurant reservations for 5pm and I have realized I have nothing to wear. I sort of knew that but I never get dressed up. I have thrown together a black slinky fabric skirt with matching top and a lavender cardigan. Dressed it up with pearl earrings and pretty necklace.

Note to self--get a decent winter skirt. Find my good jewelry--what good is it if it is hidden so well that even I can't find it?

Old 11-28-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
what good is it if it is hidden so well that even I can't find it?

Same way I feel when I claim to keep things "safe".

Old 11-28-2013, 09:44 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
I wore basketball shorts and a wife beater for most of the day and my dinner was a Thanksgiving sandwich. It wasn't even at my house though.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:07 PM

I wore a deep brown Sweater with a red, yellow & black checkered shirt on top to celebrate the end of fall.

Thanksgiving dinner was amazing. Just returned home 20 minutes ago after an amazing Multicrusine feast which involved varieties across the world. Indian, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and classic thanksgiving American food. Had a nice talk with the guys there as well. My tummy is heartily filled now and heart is content with joy. Hope all of you had a great time as well .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty