U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:42 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,760,036 times

Advertisements

Have a woman you trust smell the cologne on you. Have her smell it right after you put it on (one spray on each side of the neck) and again a few hours later. If on a budget, a good one to try is Preferred Stock. Most times I use only soap and water. Don't use scented aftershave. Use an unscientific lotion or balm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 02:21 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,627,398 times
Burberry Brit for Men. It starts out with a nice sharp citrus note, bergamot, mandarin, cardamom, then settles into a gorgeous woodsy tobacco like spicey warmth. It doesn't have that sharp sage and lavender aroma that so many mens fragrances have. Watch it, though, your girl may steal it from you

Old 11-28-2013, 03:13 PM
JL

7,376 posts, read 12,123,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I know this is a matter of opinion, but I've been wearing Acqua Di Gio by Armani for two years now and I'm looking for something different. I like it, but I feel it's a very college-age cologne. I'm 27 now and have a career going, so I'm looking for a bit of an upgrade.

I really enjoy "light" scents, but I'm willing to hear suggestions. All opinions are welcome, but being that I'm a guy the female opinion helps a lot haha.

I'm just looking for suggestions on what you personally like to smell and why(if you're a female) or if you're a guy, what you like wearing and why.

I was told Armani Code smells nice, any opinions on that?

Suggestions please! Thanks!!
Get Drakkar Noir...i've used it since the 80s and it is still the best cologne out there...hands down!

Old 11-28-2013, 04:58 PM

107 posts, read 131,765 times
Don't use any fragrance. It covers up your own natural pheromones which attract the opposite sex. Plus chemical fragrances are made up of toxic chemicals that cause migraines, asthma attacks and other serious negative effects in a growing number of people.

Most people will not tell you to your face that your fragrance bothers them. (That goes for scented products such as deodorant. Axe is the worst!!!) They will just try to avoid any close contact with you, leaving you to wonder why.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:04 PM

13,414 posts, read 25,091,736 times
La Coste made certain girls want to rip my clothes off. Seriously.

I wear none now.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:36 PM

11,310 posts, read 21,393,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awayinco View Post
Kenneth Cole's signature Black cologne. To die for. It's slightly woody, with slight hints of leather and musk...it's by far my fave scent to smell on a man.
My husband had a bottle. One time when he was wearing it, our pet hedgehog climbed up and caught a whiff of it on his neck, and instantly took a bite out of my husband's neck.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:41 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,533,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My husband had a bottle. One time when he was wearing it, our pet hedgehog climbed up and caught a whiff of it on his neck, and instantly took a bite out of my husband's neck.
OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Provide this as an advertizing idea to Kenneth Cole perfumes with a catchy slogan, and you could become rich .

Old 11-29-2013, 03:02 PM

4,994 posts, read 3,948,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
It's that secret ingredient they put in it ... Eau de Hedgehog.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:07 PM

15,086 posts, read 12,294,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Blue Water by Davidoff is a nice one, and comes off quite a bit less "Rico Suave" than some of the other suggestions given.
Love Blue Water.
I like "blue-green" scents, as opposed to woodsy or musky or spicy.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:48 PM

4,425 posts, read 3,353,093 times
Lalique Pour Homme
Chanel Pour Monsieur

Both of these smell fresh, sophisticated and manly. Very sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty