Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 01:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,547,503 times

Advertisements

Ralph Lauren - Polo in the green bottle. Hubby has preferred that for years. I like it too just not ON me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 04:59 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
Burberry Brit for Men. It starts out with a nice sharp citrus note, bergamot, mandarin, cardamom, then settles into a gorgeous woodsy tobacco like spicey warmth. It doesn't have that sharp sage and lavender aroma that so many mens fragrances have. Watch it, though, your girl may steal it from you
Just bought a bottle of this and will test it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Old 11-30-2013, 06:46 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,371 times
Number 1 dude rule:
Never ask for cologne advice. Every man's body is different and reacts differently when cologne's on the skin. Have to go by trial and error and it's a many-year process.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:11 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
My husband has worn British Sterling ever since I met him in 1983. I still love it. It's hard to find sometimes because apparently it's not sold as much anymore. I don't know why; it's wonderful! He has tried other newer colognes but always goes back to British Sterling. It is a great everyday smell and it's not old man smelling at all. It was a nice scent when he was in his 20s and it still is in his 50s.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:24 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
I've been into the Clavin Klein cologne since the 1980's. Out of all the scents women seem to prefer Calvin Klein on my body. I have a very warm skin to the touch which evaporates the alcohol quckly and the CK scents seem to work best for me.

Currently Eternity Aqua is the wife's fav.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:05 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
I know this post is a few weeks old but I just had to post...

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera is hands down, by far, the best men's cologne out there... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and so does my husband...

I once walked up to a man at Macy's who was looking for cologne and I asked him if he had smelled Herrera for men, he had not, I showed it to him and he bought a bottle right there... True story...

Another time I was buying a bottle for my husband at Dillard's and a man was asking a sales rep what cologne she recommended and I put in my .02 cent plug for Herrera and again, he bought a bottle right there...

Whenever my hubs wears it he has women ask him what cologne he has on...

Give it a try, you will not regret it...

Edited to add... I am talking about the original Herrera for men... It comes in a brown box with polka dots on it...

Last edited by mrstxcop; 12-16-2013 at 11:15 PM..

Old 12-18-2013, 07:55 AM

484 posts, read 761,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
I know this post is a few weeks old but I just had to post...

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera is hands down, by far, the best men's cologne out there... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and so does my husband...

I once walked up to a man at Macy's who was looking for cologne and I asked him if he had smelled Herrera for men, he had not, I showed it to him and he bought a bottle right there... True story...

Another time I was buying a bottle for my husband at Dillard's and a man was asking a sales rep what cologne she recommended and I put in my .02 cent plug for Herrera and again, he bought a bottle right there...

Whenever my hubs wears it he has women ask him what cologne he has on...

Give it a try, you will not regret it...

Edited to add... I am talking about the original Herrera for men... It comes in a brown box with polka dots on it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by awayinco View Post
Kenneth Cole's signature Black cologne. To die for. It's slightly woody, with slight hints of leather and musk...it's by far my fave scent to smell on a man.
So I went to Macy's yesterday to try these out - and they no longer carry either of them! Curses! I still want to track some down though :P

Old 12-18-2013, 12:20 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
well the fella I used to date before I met my husband wore aramis and it would drive me wild in a good way i dont even know if they make that anymore but my husband cannot wear cologne he is allergic to it .

Old 12-19-2013, 01:19 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,707 times
Pour un homme (Caron)

Caron Pour Homme Cologne for Men by Caron at FragranceNet.com®

Old 12-19-2013, 05:06 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,361 times
My husband wears polo blue by ralph lauren, I also love to smell polo black on men, and i always loved tommy by tommy hilfiger on men...which is older but i still like that scent to this day, eternity by calvin kline is nice as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty