U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 03:43 PM

874 posts, read 1,104,381 times

Advertisements

I work out regularly, always in shorts, so yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 10:36 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,550,565 times
Thank you, everyone who posted! Now I feel like less of a weirdo .

Old 11-29-2013, 03:18 AM

998 posts, read 2,595,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Not to burst your bubble, but yes--they WILL notice in the hospital. But as professionals, of course, no one is going to say "ewwww! Look at your hairy legs!"

I've definitely heard comments out in the hall about the, um, "European" lady in room 203

But noticing or commenting doesn't mean anybody cares whether you shave or not. BTW--having dirty feet or funky "stuff" is what's disgusting for healthcare personnel.

(I shave because I wear shorts year-round)
Let me clarify, I'm older and have shaved my legs regularly for eons. So now my legs get only a little hairy even if I let them go for a month or two and it is not very dark in color. It has been my observation with friends and acquaintances of European nations who have emigrated, whether recently or not, that they have never shaved their legs or armpits because that is their culture and the hair is very dark. It is somewhat disconcerting to me but I have a respect for tradition. I would think that anyone in the medical profession would have had some kind of cultural sensitivity training and not have a comment like "European lady in room 203". I do agree however that your feet being dirty or other "funky" stuff is going on, then that can be disgusting unless it is a product of your injury, but you all wear gloves for a reason.Of course the patient may be indigent, mentally impaired, homeless or a myriad of other things and can be excused for their bodily condition.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 AM

14,034 posts, read 97,783 times
I thought it was winter fur coming in - meow!

Old 11-29-2013, 08:35 AM

14,261 posts, read 19,533,903 times
I shave my legs regardless of the season .

Old 11-29-2013, 09:37 AM

37,232 posts, read 43,581,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
Let me clarify, I'm older and have shaved my legs regularly for eons. So now my legs get only a little hairy even if I let them go for a month or two and it is not very dark in color. It has been my observation with friends and acquaintances of European nations who have emigrated, whether recently or not, that they have never shaved their legs or armpits because that is their culture and the hair is very dark. It is somewhat disconcerting to me but I have a respect for tradition. I would think that anyone in the medical profession would have had some kind of cultural sensitivity training and not have a comment like "European lady in room 203". I do agree however that your feet being dirty or other "funky" stuff is going on, then that can be disgusting unless it is a product of your injury, but you all wear gloves for a reason.Of course the patient may be indigent, mentally impaired, homeless or a myriad of other things and can be excused for their bodily condition.
He, as much as you might like to think that being employed in the medical field goes hand in hand with being polite, culturally sensitive, nonjudgmental, etc., it's not necessarily the case.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:50 PM

6,145 posts, read 6,597,967 times
Every day. I don't always do a thorough job, but I at least run a razor over my legs in the shower.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:27 PM

2,967 posts, read 4,328,781 times
Isn't this no-shave November for men or something? I forget the name.

A girlfriend jokingly suggested that we join them men for no shaving, so I agreed.

We are ringing in November Sasquatch style!

(I draw the line at the "bikini zone" though - gotta keep that maintenance up )

Old 11-29-2013, 03:01 PM

389 posts, read 584,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I always have, but a friend mentioned that she doesn't and I thought 'Hmmmm... sounds simpler' .

I am single, and not interested in dating right now. She is dating. I figure this is relevant .

So, what do you all do?
Like once a month, when my pants start pulling the leg hair, making it hurt. Wish I had the guts to just stop shaving all together -- the hair usually softens after a while, from what I've read.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:28 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,550,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMe123 View Post
Like once a month, when my pants start pulling the leg hair, making it hurt. Wish I had the guts to just stop shaving all together -- the hair usually softens after a while, from what I've read.
Yes, it gets soft and downy once all the hairs that were cut when you last shaved fall out and new ones grow in. But that takes a long time, at least for me. Maybe 6 months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty