U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 09:59 PM

6,691 posts, read 7,029,929 times

Advertisements

In the winter? Once a month or so. My leg hair is getting finer and growing slower than it used to, but it's still dark and visible. When we were in Tucson, I shaved more frequently, even in the winter.

Friend of mine who lives in a colder clime tells me she stops shaving her legs in the winter because she needs the traction; her DH steals the blankets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 05:10 PM

2,247 posts, read 2,185,324 times
I tend to let my legs go in the winter

Old 11-30-2013, 08:33 PM

4,103 posts, read 6,200,267 times
I shave. I still have sex in the winter.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:12 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,584,920 times
Let me mess things up here .

YAY !!!!!!!!!!! . The joys of being a guy. All I need to do is shave my face every week. Shaving body, arm, and leg hair is never happens regardless of whether its summer or winter. Additionally, I never sweat at all so there is no reason for me to take my shirt off and expose all of the ugly hair in summer. I always swim with my T shirt on in the beach to avoid freezing in 68 F water cuz that's how freaking cold the beach is up here on memorial day .

I pity you gals who have to shave year round and fight nature with painful razors. To shave or not to shave thou's leg, that is the question .

All this is just a silly prank. No offense intended to anyone.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-30-2013 at 09:22 PM..

Old 11-30-2013, 09:19 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,756,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
As always, Let me be the gutsy spoiler here .

YAY !!!!!!!!!!! . The joys of being a guy. All I need to do is shave my face every week. Shaving body, arm, and leg hair is never happens regardless of whether its summer or winter. Additionally, I never sweat at all so there is no reason for me to take my shirt off and expose all of the ugly hair in summer. I always swim with my T shirt on in the beach to avoid freezing in 68 F water cuz the water is always freaking cold up here .

I pity you gals who have to shave year round and fight nature with painful razors.
I know, right?

I don't get the people who proclaim it's "gross" for women not to shave but are OK with men not shaving.

If I am not dating, and there is snow on the ground, I ain't shaving.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:46 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,584,920 times
Ladies, one small question.

Once you get older and your skin starts wrinkling, isn't it a pain to shave.

My grandma is 78 and usually never shaves her legs at all. One of my cousin sisters asked her why. She says "I am very old and at this age nobody is going to care about my looks anyways. I just want to lead a comfortable life without pain. Shaving hair off my wrinkly legs is extremely painful and worthless" and divulged all this information to us without any embarrassment . I agree with her wholeheartedly though. At older ages, just do what makes you comfortable and don't exert yourself on the basis of looks. Live a happy and stress free life and just let nature do what it does. Its not worth the pain fighting it.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-30-2013 at 10:07 PM..

Old 11-30-2013, 10:07 PM

13,337 posts, read 15,910,767 times
Yes, I shave every day. It's part of my shower routine. I don't have the thick dark stubby hairs like some people get when they don't shave, though. My leg hair is blonde and fine.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:56 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,264,909 times
When I lived in NJ yeah I would in the winter but only because of a boyfriend and heated gym class.

I live in Miami now and this is our season to be out, so yes very much so.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:00 AM

15,622 posts, read 32,157,541 times
I live in Florida, so yes I shave my legs regularly, but only about twice per week, as the hair is very fine and grows slowly now.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:18 PM

2,730 posts, read 2,161,502 times
Quote:
Let me mess things up here .

YAY !!!!!!!!!!! . The joys of being a guy. All I need to do is shave my face every week. Shaving body, arm, and leg hair is never happens regardless of whether its summer or winter. Additionally, I never sweat at all so there is no reason for me to take my shirt off and expose all of the ugly hair in summer. I always swim with my T shirt on in the beach to avoid freezing in 68 F water cuz that's how freaking cold the beach is up here on memorial day .

I pity you gals who have to shave year round and fight nature with painful razors. To shave or not to shave thou's leg, that is the question .

All this is just a silly prank. No offense intended to anyone.
Quote:
Ladies, one small question.

Once you get older and your skin starts wrinkling, isn't it a pain to shave.

My grandma is 78 and usually never shaves her legs at all. One of my cousin sisters asked her why. She says "I am very old and at this age nobody is going to care about my looks anyways. I just want to lead a comfortable life without pain. Shaving hair off my wrinkly legs is extremely painful and worthless" and divulged all this information to us without any embarrassment . I agree with her wholeheartedly though. At older ages, just do what makes you comfortable and don't exert yourself on the basis of looks. Live a happy and stress free life and just let nature do what it does. Its not worth the pain fighting it.
What are you mummmmling? No woman have to shave her legs young or old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty