U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 05:12 PM

5,990 posts, read 8,830,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Additional question, do you wear a belt with a pair of jeans or not. I never wore a belt till the beginning of this year, when I was in the cusp of size 34 and 36. I needed a belt to comfortably wear my size 36 jeans and make sure the do not slide down leaving my underwear exposed . Now, it has become a regular habit.
I always wear a belt. I think dudes look better when their pants have a belt.

I can go either way as far as shirt tucking. Some guys think that wearing their shirts out can cover up a gut, but I don't think that really works. I've gone untucked during the warmer months but I'm starting to tuck my shirts in more as it gets colder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 05:16 PM

2,304 posts, read 3,269,096 times
I like Lucky Brand. There's so many styles to choose from and I can wear them from day to night. I think the older versions were the most durable.

Other significant brands in my collection include Buffalo David Bitton, Michael Kors, DKNY and a few Levi's, Calvin's and Kut from the Kloth. Other brands are either generic, or I may only have one pair.

As for wearing a belt, it depends on the jeans and how stretchy they are. I don't use a belt for my Hudson's or a few of my Lucky's, but will for my DKNY's and Levi's.

As for corduroys, I haven't worn a pair since high school, and I grew up in New England. I guess I've gotten used to the cold... .

Old 12-01-2013, 06:14 PM

264 posts, read 629,177 times
Any brand that makes me look good lol Usually Levi's

Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I like Lucky Brand. There's so many styles to choose from and I can wear them from day to night. I think the older versions were the most durable.

Other significant brands in my collection include Buffalo David Bitton, Michael Kors, DKNY and a few Levi's, Calvin's and Kut from the Kloth. Other brands are either generic, or I may only have one pair.

As for wearing a belt, it depends on the jeans and how stretchy they are. I don't use a belt for my Hudson's or a few of my Lucky's, but will for my DKNY's and Levi's.

As for corduroys, I haven't worn a pair since high school, and I grew up in New England. I guess I've gotten used to the cold... .
I don't see much of a difference between jeans and corduroys in terms of keeping you warm in the cold. Some jeans are pretty heavy and will keep you reasonably warm as long as you don't get them wet. The same is true of corduroys.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:59 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,535,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Corduroys are comfortable even in warm humid weather. I have worn loose fitting corduroys many times in summer, and believe me, they did not force me to break a sweat and actually felt nice on my legs. I only own 1 pair right now, but want more for summer. It does not have to be cold for one to wear corduroys.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:08 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,706,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I crave another pair of L.L. Bean flannel lined jeans for winter. I've had a few pair in my life but the winter white that I loved is no longer made.

Jeans are freezing in this part of the country. You get them wet with snow and it freezes--ICE on your legs. At least with cords or lined jeans it isn't as easy for them to get wet all the way through. New Englander here=dress for practicality.
I have a pair of LL Bean flannel-lined jeans and I love them. They are super-warm.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Corduroys are comfortable even in warm humid weather. I have worn loose fitting corduroys many times in summer, and believe me, they did not force me to break a sweat and actually felt nice on my legs. I only own 1 pair right now, but want more for summer. It does not have to be cold for one to wear corduroys.
The key is that they're loose and allow your legs to breathe. Many heavy jeans are tighter and don't allow the legs to breathe, so they get sweaty.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:42 AM

2,531 posts, read 4,262,510 times
J brand are my current favorite...One of my favorite pairs is also from Seven for All Mankind, but that is the only pair that has ever worked for me in this brand...

For less expensive brands, I like Old Navy, Calvin Klein, American Eagle, Levis, and some brands from Kohls (Lauren Conrad, Jennifer Lopez, Elle). Sometimes NY & Co. has nice ones. I also have a pair I LOVE from Guess....

Old 12-02-2013, 11:08 AM

11,882 posts, read 11,535,663 times
Another reason I often wear loose fitting corduroys on summer nights is usually to protect myself from Nasty bug bites. Bugs galore up here when it's warm at night, and no amount of bug spray helps protect my legs. Pants serve as a useful barrier, and loose fitting corduroys are also breathable at the same time. Summer is an amazing season in NJ though, as you have the opportunity to switch between shorts and pants depending on whether it's a hot day or cool night.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-02-2013 at 12:19 PM..

Old 12-02-2013, 07:55 PM

15,683 posts, read 32,487,348 times
Levi's 514's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty