U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 03:58 PM

5,284 posts, read 18,219,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Additional question, do you wear a belt with a pair of jeans or not. I never wore a belt till the beginning of this year, when I was in the cusp of size 34 and 36. I needed a belt to comfortably wear my size 36 jeans and make sure the do not slide down leaving my underwear exposed . Now, it has become a regular habit.
I wear a belt and mid rise jeans - they would fall off if I didn't - I wear a 27.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,584,893 times
Levis 513 and 511 jeans for me.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 PM

15,898 posts, read 14,290,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
Levis 513 and 511 jeans for me.
How are they different in terms of fit?
What's the difference in material (is 513 heavier type of denim or not comparably to 511?)
And the most important - do they have any kind of stretch/elastane in them?
All kinds of valuable information is appreciated.

(Am trying to shop for a skateboarder here... )

Old 12-05-2013, 10:29 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,553,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
With those jeans, you'd want to wear a short, athletic fit shirt.
Exactly what I did today. I wore a fitted polo with a very similar type of jeans. It was also quite warm out, so I did not have to take my jacket with me and could flash my clothes .

Old 12-08-2013, 05:19 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,584,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
How are they different in terms of fit?
What's the difference in material (is 513 heavier type of denim or not comparably to 511?)
And the most important - do they have any kind of stretch/elastane in them?
All kinds of valuable information is appreciated.

(Am trying to shop for a skateboarder here... )
The 513 are slightly less fitting and are not as low on the waist. The denim is slightly heavier

511's come in more different washes and colors sit lower on the waist and are a bit more snug.

Both have some stretch to them though. I skateboard daily and
have no issues with either fit. I'm 41 and really like the fit of the 511's but just wish they had a bit more room at the ankle. Which the 513's do so I really can't complain plus they take a beating and still look good.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:10 AM

5,999 posts, read 8,845,205 times
Quote:
Exactly what I did today. I wore a fitted polo with a very similar type of jeans. It was also quite warm out, so I did not have to take my jacket with me and could flash my clothes .
What sort of shoes do you normally wear with jeans?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
What sort of shoes do you normally wear with jeans?
Usually Red & Black Nike sneakers.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:12 AM

5,999 posts, read 8,845,205 times
Quote:
Usually Red & Black Nike sneakers.
Nice. I'm a real sneakerhead, and I'd wear nothing but sneakers if I could get away with it. I hate formal shoes. I love the hipster look of suede sneakers with a tuxedo (though I've never done it).

Old 12-08-2013, 09:36 AM

5,689 posts, read 8,866,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I like Lucky Brand. There's so many styles to choose from and I can wear them from day to night. I think the older versions were the most durable.

Other significant brands in my collection include Buffalo David Bitton, Michael Kors, DKNY and a few Levi's, Calvin's and Kut from the Kloth. Other brands are either generic, or I may only have one pair.

As for wearing a belt, it depends on the jeans and how stretchy they are. I don't use a belt for my Hudson's or a few of my Lucky's, but will for my DKNY's and Levi's.
Those are literally the exact same brands I have in my closet. I wear Lucky Brand a lot. I like Kut from the Kloth a lot also - especially their jean jackets which fit me perfectly. Another brand I like is Rag & Bone. I always wear the darkest blue denim jeans with a straight leg or skinny leg because I usually tuck them into tall boots.

I cannot wear jeans without a belt or they will ride too low. I'm not sure what the issue is with the cut (I have small hips so maybe that's it). Maybe I should have a seamstress take in the waist/hip? Or maybe there is some brand out there that would fit better? I like the above brands because they look good in the posterior. I've occasionally had random women approach me to ask what jeans I'm wearing (e.g. in lines at a store), so I think they look pretty good.

Someone mentioned I might even try a man's cut for the narrow hips and longer legs. The length in pants always seems to fit me perfectly off the rack - I seldom have to have the pants length hemmed.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 12-08-2013 at 09:52 AM..

Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 AM

Wore a 36" pair of black Levis today with a tight belt to make sure things stay in place.

Additionally, do girls in your area find shirtless guys with well defined abs wearing jeans, sneakers, and a brown belt "sexy".

Such guys are chic magnets here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty