Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you (want to) cross-dress?
Yes 23 18.85%
No 99 81.15%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:14 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times

Advertisements

^ I notice in the primary school I went to (across the road from where I lived) these days girls wear shorts. Back in my day it was skirts. That was the 90s...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdYHVH View Post
No. It takes a real sick individual to do that.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'd sure like to see just one link to a site in which one person with any kind of professional credentials says that cross dressing is indicative of any kind of psychological disorder.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:30 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Hopefully this is an appropriate question here.

Anyway, as for me, I never got the chance to cross-dress yet. However, I would probably love to do this regardless of what my gender would be (I am currently a biological male, but I have been thinking about eventually getting a sex change, et cetera). Personally, I would probably find it fun to dress up and play the role of both genders at certain points in time.
I respect that, you are making most out of your life by being adventurous and trying new things.
I wouldn't do it because women's clothing doesn't seem that comfortable.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:38 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I'm a well known crossdresser on this forum, and just check out my profile pic. When I crossdress and go out, I do my best to look like a woman, and I certainly pass as I've gone to a lot of restrooms and women's fitting rooms with no problems. I've even attracted men since they thought I was a woman, but I don't mess with men.

I probably have a $50,000 collection of women's clothes! So much more women's clothes than men's! But people discriminate against me in jobs when they find out I crossdress.
It is interesting how people are different. You as a man are not "expected" of wearing pantyhoses yet you WILLINGLY wear them I as a woman am "expected" to wear them with a skirt but I don't. Those are itchy, feels hideous, makes legs sweaty etc. aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate, hate pantyhoses and would NEVER wear them

One year long time ago I was 2 weeks on my aunts place, she is very arftificial. I ran wearing shorts almost both weeks but one day I wore a skirt. She asked right away: Where are your pantyhoses? I said: My legs have been bare almost 2 weeks when wearing shorts and when I wear MORE fabric you are asking me to cover my legs?

I still not understand this obsession of skirt and pantyhoses. There is no sense as is not in most of "dressing rules".

So I prefer to go without rules

If you want to spend millions on clothes, that is your dream and choice.

What I disagree is your choice of resting and fitting rooms. As long as your ID says you are a male, please, use mens side. Or accept if you one day become removed by security. Don't stamp women rights by using womens sides as a male (not about which clothes you wear).

Old 12-03-2013, 12:45 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
It is interesting how people are different. You as a man are not "expected" of wearing pantyhoses yet you WILLINGLY wear them I as a woman am "expected" to wear them with a skirt but I don't. Those are itchy, feels hideous, makes legs sweaty etc. aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate, hate pantyhoses and would NEVER wear them

One year long time ago I was 2 weeks on my aunts place, she is very arftificial. I ran wearing shorts almost both weeks but one day I wore a skirt. She asked right away: Where are your pantyhoses? I said: My legs have been bare almost 2 weeks when wearing shorts and when I wear MORE fabric you are asking me to cover my legs?

I still not understand this obsession of skirt and pantyhoses. There is no sense as is not in most of "dressing rules".

So I prefer to go without rules

If you want to spend millions on clothes, that is your dream and choice.

What I disagree is your choice of resting and fitting rooms. As long as your ID says you are a male, please, use mens side. Or accept if you one day become removed by security. Don't stamp women rights by using womens sides as a male (not about which clothes you wear).
300 years ago the fashion for men - at least men of fashion and means - was stockings, highish heels, frilly collars/blouses, make up (rouge) and long hair done up quite elaborately. Pretty 'feminine' by today's standards.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
300 years ago the fashion for men - at least men of fashion and means - was stockings, highish heels, frilly collars/blouses, make up (rouge) and long hair done up quite elaborately. Pretty 'feminine' by today's standards.

Yep, once you got freedom of those - Run! Run for your not sweaty legs!!!
(joking)

Old 12-03-2013, 03:34 AM

16,669 posts, read 17,433,087 times
I know a man who at Christmas time likes to eat drink and be Mary.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
I've seen men dressed as women who pull it off great and they really look feminine, and then others look really bad and horrifying. if you are going to do that, make sure you watch how you walk, talk, move your hands, expressing yourself, and make sure to shave your arms and chest and back hair, and legs, and also make sure you wear a fashionable dress rather than dowdy. You might need to wear 2 pairs of panty hose too, for real.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times
Quote:
And how exactly does this indicate a psychological disorder on my part?

Old 12-03-2013, 12:20 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Aren't I already there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty