Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:35 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treffer View Post
Hi MySpoonIsTooBig

Simply put jewellery doesn't have a sexlife so it can't be gay.

I regularly work out at a gym that is know to attract good eye-candy both guys and girls. On a traditional day I would wear:
(1) An earing, started out as a simple stud has now become a hoop made of either gold or gold and platinum (always the real metals because I sweat and don't want my jewellery to fade.
(2) A 22k gold chocker necklace
(3) A ruby rhinestone chain (long enough to end at my breast plate.
Both chains are below my T-shirt but quite visible
(4) A watch
(5) A (dark) metals wrist chain, with a central diamond on my left hand
(6) A thumb ring on my right
(7) A mixed steel/9k gold bracelet on my right hand

Today I did a snap survey among the personal trainers at the gym, they all thought the concept of jewellery being gay was hilarious and NONE OF THEM THOUGHT MY JEWELLERY EXCESSIVE.
They are instructed to be nice to all customers ... and of course wearing a piece of jewelry isn't gay.

do you work out with all that stuff on? Isn't it in your way? I don't even like wearing a ring on my hand when at the gym
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 03:40 PM

625 posts, read 623,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treffer View Post
Hi MySpoonIsTooBig

Simply put jewellery doesn't have a sexlife so it can't be gay.

I regularly work out at a gym that is know to attract good eye-candy both guys and girls. On a traditional day I would wear:
(1) An earing, started out as a simple stud has now become a hoop made of either gold or gold and platinum (always the real metals because I sweat and don't want my jewellery to fade.
(2) A 22k gold chocker necklace
(3) A ruby rhinestone chain (long enough to end at my breast plate.
Both chains are below my T-shirt but quite visible
(4) A watch
(5) A (dark) metals wrist chain, with a central diamond on my left hand
(6) A thumb ring on my right
(7) A mixed steel/9k gold bracelet on my right hand

Today I did a snap survey among the personal trainers at the gym, they all thought the concept of jewellery being gay was hilarious and NONE OF THEM THOUGHT MY JEWELLERY EXCESSIVE.
Not "gay" just excessive.

I agree jewelry can't be gay or straight or anything else.

But, wow (!!) that's a lot of jewelry on anyone, male or female, except maybe Liberace. And you wear that mess while you work out. Even more bizarre. I'm having trouble even picturing it unless I think of Jersey Shore muscle head guidos. Not calling you one, just saying' that's the vision that jewelry brings up.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:42 PM

504 posts, read 800,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Not "gay" just excessive.

I agree jewelry can't be gay or straight or anything else.

But, wow (!!) that's a lot of jewelry on anyone, male or female, except maybe Liberace. And you wear that mess while you work out. Even more bizarre. I'm having trouble even picturing it unless I think of Jersey Shore muscle head guidos. Not calling you one, just saying' that's the vision that jewelry brings up.
Just check out the other thread he started on the same topic. The guy has some ego. Bizarre bizarre bizarre.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:06 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
well, I'm a gay male and I hate jewelry. I wear a watch for obvious reasons and a wedding ring, and even that's pushing it.

I don't own anything else, and as I stated, I hate jewelry, always did always will. I see absoluteley no need for it for a man.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:45 PM

130 posts, read 171,045 times
Totally gay!!! I was born and raised in the South. AND I love a man's hairy chest.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:36 PM

645 posts, read 750,448 times
I think to much jewelry on a guy is a bit fruity...all a guy really needs is a nice watch.....earrings are horrible on men I never understood the point of men wearing earrings....

Old 02-07-2016, 06:43 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Most I wear is a watch and a wedding band. But I not a jewelry type of guy. I don't think wearing jewelry is gay but there is such thing as excessive.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:49 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
In my opinion it depends on the type of jewellery. If a guy in wearing very feminine jewellery it could give off that vibe. If a man is wearing a necklace and it is not thicker it could give off that vibe. Men's jewellery is usually more chunky. Men and diamonds ... that is a tricky one. There is a fine line between male bling and I am going jewellery drag. Men put your jewellery look together cautiously because large diamond studs on a man to me give of the question ... maybe he is really looking for a man? I personally prefer men to wear simpler jewellery ... no need for my man to look like he has been bedazzled or upstage me on the jewellery front !

Old 02-07-2016, 07:55 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
Anything but a wristwatch connotes feminine to me. So yeah, gay. Also, trying too hard.
I like guys to look rugged and like their appearance is of no concern to them. Blue collar with toolbelt is swoony.

I met one guy age 62 who was sporting a puka shell necklace like we wore in the "80s. Looked so stupid.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:05 PM

251 posts, read 175,401 times
I only wear a Casio G-Shock myself. However guys who choose to wear jewelry aren't gay by any stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZPalUHlxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOKmtfaGYpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OA1ldr8H4

http://thedogfiles.com/wp-content/up...rps-emblem.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty