U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 06:57 PM

14,229 posts, read 19,469,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I categorically don't want to be approached in the gym! It's why I put on my "****** face" and crank up my mp3 player.
Amen Tabula right there with cha ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:39 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,704,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And anyone who says women categorically don't want to be approached in the gym is clueless or in denial.
What a load of cr@p!

So, Ruth, you go to a gym to be approached? When is the last time you were even in a gym?
I go there to work out... and I am not clueless or in denial!

Old 12-05-2013, 10:38 PM

4,625 posts, read 9,029,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, they're not dressing for themselves. And anyone who says women categorically don't want to be approached in the gym is clueless or in denial.
I agree Ruth. If women *really* didn't want guys to look at them when they go to the gym, they'd go to all women's gyms. Those things exist, but they aren't that popular. I had suggested that idea to my friend who is planning to open a Yoga studio, and she said despite the grumbling, those places sell no tickets.

I get looked at plenty. I generally don't mind. It's fun - it's what life is all about. The beauty of the human animal. When I don't feel like being seen, I can just dress to unimpress - baggy shorts and oversize t's are just as comfy as any.

I think chicks who show up with pants so tight you can read there pulse off their butts then whine about guys leering are hypocrites and drama queens. If you show up exposing 6 inches of cleavage, don't hate a guy cuz he thinks your beautiful.

Ps - to all the chicks who look at me - thanks. You're keeping me motivated. :-)

Old 12-05-2013, 10:53 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,537,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post

Ps - to all the chicks who look at me - thanks. You're keeping me motivated. :-)
Chic's never look at guys. It is always the other way around. I have never seen a girls glance at a guy doing dead lifts.

Not to mention, women's legs are the best and sexiest part of the body if well toned . I know many gals work out for results on body shape, and a quick glance from men should be a sense of reassurance and attestation, not resentment.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:03 PM

10,057 posts, read 17,664,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
That's what 90% of the girls wear on the campus of URI.. that and their Uggs.. It's almost like their drones..
Leggings or yoga pants, basically skin tight black spandex that shows everything....

It's good to see some who don't follow the pack.

I was going to say those are pretty typical "college girl" pants for just about anything.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:11 PM

35,107 posts, read 41,632,350 times
Personally I don't like the way those pants look on anyone over the age of 12, they do not make anyone look attractive, but that is my opinion. Definitely appropriate to wear during yoga class obviously or working out at the gym but not daily wear.
I don't see why someone can't put on a pair of jeans or leggings with an over sized sweater to run errands.
I also find it difficult to grasp that people leave the gym wearing the clothes they just worked out in and go to the grocery or run errands.
Did you not sweat during your workout?
Did you shower at the gym?
If you showered did you put on clean clothes that you brought with you or did you put the same clothes on that you just worked out in?

Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 PM

38,690 posts, read 90,485,911 times
Yoga pants on a fit woman is a divine sight.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:23 PM

8,232 posts, read 6,345,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Look... okay.
Leer... not okay.
Drool... also not okay.
All expectations for decorum are nullified when yoga pants are involved. It is biologically impossible for a heterosexual male NOT to leer at some of the pelvises in those pants.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 PM

1,964 posts, read 2,636,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post

I think chicks who show up with pants so tight you can read there pulse off their butts then whine about guys leering are hypocrites and drama queens. If you show up exposing 6 inches of cleavage, don't hate a guy cuz he thinks your beautiful.
Agree 1000%. The women who engage in this behavior are bullies. They know that when a guy approaches he is somewhat vunerable and they use this opportunity to belittle him and make themselves feel better about their own shortcomings. I advice any guy who meets a woman like this not to get involved unless they want a lifetime of misery.

Of course there are guys with this same personality type, but since men are different, it manifests itself differently. Like physical abuse for example.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:51 AM

14,229 posts, read 19,469,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Agree 1000%. The women who engage in this behavior are bullies. They know that when a guy approaches he is somewhat vunerable and they use this opportunity to belittle him and make themselves feel better about their own shortcomings. I advice any guy who meets a woman like this not to get involved unless they want a lifetime of misery.

Of course there are guys with this same personality type, but since men are different, it manifests itself differently. Like physical abuse for example.

I think someone is reading way too much into yoga pants jeeze !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty