U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 09:43 PM

24,841 posts, read 30,818,824 times

Advertisements

Khakis and a t-shirt or sweater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM

632 posts, read 775,532 times
A button up shirt or sweater, jeans or slacks, loafers or Nikes.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM

10,752 posts, read 13,558,590 times
Classic black suit and white shirt and tie.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:03 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,712,924 times
I paint houses - I know, non-traditional because I'm female.

So, painters' whites (pants), tee-shirts, athletic shoes and usually a baseball cap.
And because I am female, mascara, some jewelry, perfume and pretty undies. Just because my line of work entails a necessary level of grungieness, that doesn't mean I have to totally dress like a guy!

Old 12-09-2013, 05:47 PM

632 posts, read 775,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Classic black suit and white shirt and tie.
I was always taught black suits were only for weddings, funerals and other formal occasions. Are black suits common in your profession/office? Just curious, not a criticism at all.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 PM

14,722 posts, read 16,733,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
I was always taught black suits were only for weddings, funerals and other formal occasions. Are black suits common in your profession/office? Just curious, not a criticism at all.
It's one of those "rules" of fashion. Thing is, those are just meant to be broken. If you're in a tailored black suit that fits well and doesn't look like you rented it for your sister's third wedding, you can pull it off. You just have to execute it that much better.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:42 AM

19,116 posts, read 27,181,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am aiming for entering the Airline industry as a senior year Aerospace Engineering student graduating in May. Except I am more into airplane design, research and development. I am specifically interested in flight control systems and operations (like fly by wire technologies). I love Aerodynamics and Aerospace engineering to the core.

FYI, my current aerodynamics professor is from Gibraltar. He completed his flight training in one of the most dangerous airports, was a pilot till 2011, then joined Rutgers as a Aerospace engineering professor. He was one of the FIRST PILOTS EVER to fly the 787 in December 2009. Its truly amazing to find out that a person you see every day has done something so elite .

He usually wears a proper Shirt, tie, and polished shoes with a new blazer or trench coat every day . There are rumors in my class say that he owns over 50 different types of blazers in his wardrobe, don't know if that's true though.

Spoiler
Your job sounds very interesting, I would like to talk about it in more detail through a PM

I hope you keep your enthusiasm up...because the aviation industry will destroy you.

Just a happy FYI

Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 AM

12,345 posts, read 17,226,541 times
Either a dress or a blouse and skirt with tights and a long sleeve cardigan or sweater if it's cold or bare legs and a short sleeve cardigan if it's warm.

I work in a university communications office where the staff dress runs the gamut from a suit and tie to jeans and a blazer. My dresses aren't particularly formal. I'm currently wearing a knee length print dress with big 1960s style houses on it, diamond patterned tights, black knee boots, and a cardigan and that fits in perfectly. Because I still sometimes am mistaken for a student, I do dress a bit nicer than others on my level because I need to look my age.

Most of my grad classes are online so I can wear whatever I'd like then.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM

11,882 posts, read 11,541,840 times
Ice breaker boots with Carhartt gloves and a hooded woolen coat to work today . Its Snowing HARD, and I have to walk 1.5 miles.

However, when I did an Internship, the dress code at the company for men said NO jeans, shorts, tanks, T shirts, or sneakers. So , I usually wore Dress pants and shoes every day. Women's clothing code did not allow yoga pants, tanks, or anything above the knees but did allow sleeveless blouses & Jeans. Yet, women there kept complaining that the company was being too restrictive with dress codes during lunchtime.

As an Intern, I could care less about such stuff and was more focused on finishing my project than unwanted lunchtime talk.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-10-2013 at 10:55 AM..

Old 12-10-2013, 10:43 PM

3 posts, read 1,075 times
I work at bank and i like wear pink shirt and gray skirt or jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty