U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 05:22 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,555,034 times

Advertisements

Something that just popped up in my head. Felt like asking it.

I am still in school. For me, its usually just jeans (or shorts if its 85+) with a T shirt or polo and I am done. Put on a sweater if its chilly, wear a sweater + hoodie if its cold. Put on a winter coat on the rare occasion we actually get snowfall and below freezing highs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 05:41 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,762,876 times
Jeans and a top

Old 12-05-2013, 06:58 PM

14,254 posts, read 19,508,504 times
Suits ..hose ...heels

Old 12-05-2013, 07:02 PM

18,847 posts, read 32,494,272 times
Scrubs. Sometimes I buy scrubs, I don't really like the ones provided.

I spend money on shoes. Anyone on their feet all day long will tell you $150 for a pair of comfy shoes is money well spent. I bought a pair of New Balance tennis shoes, $180! Best shoes ever!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:02 PM

27,330 posts, read 30,569,084 times
I work at a tech company. Typically I wear blouse/skirt/cardigan, dress/cardigan, or jeans/blouse/cardigan.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:46 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,203,778 times
I work in the back office for a company contracted through four different commercial airlines...so I'm constantly running back and forth between terminals. Even though I'm 'office' personnel I don't really have the same requirement to dress up as the other folks do, considering the amount of moving around I do.

So... if I have airline meetings I dress business-like in heels/slacks/blazers etc., but on regular days I wear jeans/sneakers or leggings and a sweater dress with boots or flats.

As for school, I start a masters program in January and it's almost entirely online. There's no way I'd be able to attend regular classes with my weird schedule, but since it will be telecommute style I do still have to dress decently when meeting...at least from the waist up

Old 12-05-2013, 09:01 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,555,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I work in the back office for a company contracted through four different commercial airlines...so I'm constantly running back and forth between terminals. Even though I'm 'office' personnel I don't really have the same requirement to dress up as the other folks do, considering the amount of moving around I do.

So... if I have airline meetings I dress business-like in heels/slacks/blazers etc., but on regular days I wear jeans/sneakers or leggings and a sweater dress with boots or flats.

As for school, I start a masters program in January and it's almost entirely online. There's no way I'd be able to attend regular classes with my weird schedule, but since it will be telecommute style I do still have to dress decently when meeting...at least from the waist up
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am aiming for entering the Airline industry as a senior year Aerospace Engineering student graduating in May. Except I am more into airplane design, research and development. I am specifically interested in flight control systems and operations (like fly by wire technologies). I love Aerodynamics and Aerospace engineering to the core.

FYI, my current aerodynamics professor is from Gibraltar. He completed his flight training in one of the most dangerous airports, was a pilot till 2011, then joined Rutgers as a Aerospace engineering professor. He was one of the FIRST PILOTS EVER to fly the 787 in December 2009. Its truly amazing to find out that a person you see every day has done something so elite .

He usually wears a proper Shirt, tie, and polished shoes with a new blazer or trench coat every day . There are rumors in my class say that he owns over 50 different types of blazers in his wardrobe, don't know if that's true though.

Spoiler
Your job sounds very interesting, I would like to talk about it in more detail through a PM

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-05-2013 at 09:26 PM..

Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 AM

14,750 posts, read 16,760,442 times
Suit or a sports coat. Tie if in court, no tie if not.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:30 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,069,306 times
I dress for work as per the requirements of the job. Sometimes it's slacks, casual shoes and a long sleeve shirt. Sometimes a tie is included. I never wear to my job, jeans, tees, sneakers, shorts. It would NOT be appropriate.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
31,278 posts, read 56,936,302 times
Today is casual Friday so jeans and nice sneakers with a long sleeved striped dress-type shirt. Normally will wear nice but comfortable black or brown leather shoes and dockers. Ties only for interviews or board meetings. I keep a plain gray one in the office just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty