U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 03:01 PM

4,791 posts, read 13,369,075 times

Advertisements

I'm a crossdresser, and if I listed any of my clothes for sale on Craigslist, how would you feel about buying the clothes from a guy? Do you think its creepy, and you'd skip the clothes? Or would you buy the clothes no problem?

I have a few dresses and skirt suit that were the wrong size, and I'd like to sell them.

I would post the ad plainly stating the clothes I'm selling, but I would not tell them I'm a guy. They'll find out when they contact me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 03:07 PM

6,529 posts, read 10,199,500 times
That's what ebay is for.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:18 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,705,380 times
Wouldn't bother me a bit, and I've bought plenty of clothing items on eBay.

In fact men often sell clothes on eBay. I'm a woman and have sold men's clothing on eBay, actually. Stuff that my ex-husband tired of, or never wore. It wouldn't occur to me that a guy selling women's clothing was selling items he'd worn. And see above: wouldn't make no never-mind to me anyhow!

Old 12-08-2013, 03:24 PM

I'm not talking about selling on ebay, where it's anonymous. Craigslist has face to face contact and if I wanted to sell my massive skirt suit collection I hate all of these ebay and paypal fees that cut into profits. So this is a thread about selling on Craigslist.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:25 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,427,039 times
Just because women's clothes are in your possession doesn't mean you wore them and you have no obligation to explain anything.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:32 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,705,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I'm not talking about selling on ebay, where it's anonymous. Craigslist has face to face contact and if I wanted to sell my massive skirt suit collection I hate all of these ebay and paypal fees that cut into profits. So this is a thread about selling on Craigslist.
Oh sorry, I looked at post #2 and thought eBay.

It doesn't change my answer, though. It applies to craigslist or eBay or the newspaper classified or selling from a stall in the street. I still would not assume the seller was selling his or her own clothing. It doesn't matter. And you don't owe anyone an explanation of the origin of said clothing.

I'm getting you're maybe a little afraid of getting "outed" for crossdressing but truly I don't think most people will assume you're selling your own stuff. If you must, come up with a story about selling a sister's or aunt's or friend's clothing because they don't have internet access, or something.

(I'm actually currently advertising a pool table on craigslist for a friend. She is paranoid about having any of her info online, so I am doing it for her and just forwarding people's contact info to her. So it is not implausible.)

Old 12-08-2013, 03:37 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,964,414 times
It wouldn't bother me at all. It's not like you can catch the crossdressing disease or something. Clothes are clothes. If they fit, look nice, are in good condition and I like them I don't care who they come from.

Although I might add I am a girl and I dress like a guy most of the time so...I guess I just don't get why there should be a problem.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:42 PM

7,493 posts, read 10,026,867 times
Shirts, dresses, pants, things like that? It wouldn't bother me.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Shirts, dresses, pants, things like that? It wouldn't bother me.
I get these paranoid panic attacks that make me think I have to get rid of all of my women's clothes, and that crossdressing is cursed. I wonder if I can find a woman who'd marry me with my big women's clothes collection. Mostly I'm looking for a woman my same clothes size so I can dress her up in my women's clothes.

But anyway, what if I had to sell my lingerie? I have several Wacoal bra & panty sets, old versions hardly used because I don't wear lingerie for daily underwear... So would you also buy designer lingerie from me? If you called me and found out it was a guy would that turn you away from buying?

Old 12-08-2013, 04:47 PM

7,518 posts, read 13,206,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I get these paranoid panic attacks that make me think I have to get rid of all of my women's clothes, and that crossdressing is cursed. I wonder if I can find a woman who'd marry me with my big women's clothes collection. Mostly I'm looking for a woman my same clothes size so I can dress her up in my women's clothes.

But anyway, what if I had to sell my lingerie? I have several Wacoal bra & panty sets, old versions hardly used because I don't wear lingerie for daily underwear... So would you also buy designer lingerie from me? If you called me and found out it was a guy would that turn you away from buying?
I would never buy used lingerie, period. As for the other clothes, what the other posters said! Unless you tell the Craigslist strangers when they get to your house, "Oh by the way, I'm a crossdresser, these were my clothes," how would they know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or