U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 12:03 AM

692 posts, read 841,718 times

Advertisements

Diana was most definitely attractive. IMO you don't have to be Victoria Secret, Vogue supermodel, Maxim magazine, Playboy centerfold material to be considered attractive. The clothes of the era didn't help her neither did her marriage. Her whole look improved after her divorce, from her hair to her clothing. It's pretty easy to be good looking in that family. Heck William started out looking like her and he's looking more like his daddy as he ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 12:51 AM

59,665 posts, read 57,171,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I always figured that must be the thing with her. I never considered her an attractive woman at all, but obviously I only knew her through photographs. And some people just don't photograph well. By all accounts, she was an extraordinarily kind, decent, nice woman, and I think it's quite possible that her personal qualities came across and made her a truly beautiful woman in person.
I remember after she died a Brit news station interviewed a couple of men at a soup kitchen in London that Diana supported and had visited. The clients were mostly junkies or ex-junkies and these men looked the part. But they were very sad over her death, and one of them said, "She came here and talked to us as if she were just a regular person...and as if we were regular people."

Old 12-15-2013, 02:23 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,553,565 times
IMO she was beautiful. The average one is Katherine Middleton! YIKES!

Old 12-15-2013, 03:05 PM

6,183 posts, read 7,552,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
First off all respect to her and what she did in her life and may she RIP.

Now to the point of this thread. I just came across a clip involving her on youtube.
In the past I never found her physically attractive at all.

Its clear to me why this is. 1) short hair and the hair styles in general, would have looked far better with long hair. 2) Conservative clothing
3) Unfeminine clothing and physical aspects

I think if these things had been different she actually would have been attractive. She had the core ability to be so.

What are your thoughts?

Princess Diana Tribute-Candle in the Wind - YouTube

I am glad someone brought this up. I could not figure out why so many men went ga-ga over this look. The 1980s were the worst decade in women's fashions: bi-level haircuts, shoulder pads, knee length skirted suits with high necked blouses with little bow ties. The goal of the fashion designers during that period was to make everyone look like a gym teacher.

She did improve the royals' gene pool and Charlie was delayed from breeding with Cammy. Her looks show well in male form on Prince William.

Last edited by 495neighbor; 12-15-2013 at 03:20 PM..

Old 12-15-2013, 03:20 PM

12,343 posts, read 20,946,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
I am glad someone brought this up. I could not figure out why so many men went for this look in the 1980s. The 1980s were the worst decade in women's fashions: bi-level haircuts, shoulder pads, knee length skirted suits with high necked blouses with little bow ties.
What do you mean "went for this look"? If everyone is wearing it, you don't have a choice...I can't imagine a guy saying I am SO sorry -- but until this horrible fashion goes out of style I am NOT dating.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:24 PM

34,578 posts, read 43,693,549 times
Quote:
I am glad someone brought this up. I could not figure out why so many men went ga-ga over this look. The 1980s were the worst decade in women's fashions: bi-level haircuts, shoulder pads, knee length skirted suits with high necked blouses with little bow ties. The goal of the fashion designers during that period was to make everyone look like a gym teacher.

She did improve the royals' gene pool and Charlie was delayed from breeding with Cammy. Her looks show well in male form on Prince William.
The bad fashion just gave us more impetus to get them out of those clothes expeditiously.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
WHAT?! Charles didn't marry a super model? How is that even possible? After all the royals are known for their stunning good looks...

Some of them were pretty attractive when they were younger. Prince Andrew was cute. Prince Phillip
was handome. And the queen was pretty in her own way as a young queen. You realize Philip is 92 and Elizabeth is close to 90 years old. I think they have lasted very well.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The bad fashion just gave us more impetus to get them out of those clothes expeditiously.
And no head injuries from a flying shoulder pad? Amazing.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:29 PM

10,234 posts, read 14,242,097 times
I remember thinking she dressed tastefully, but I did not find her pretty at all. Face was very masculine.

As for her hair, I hated the style. However, in the early-to-mid-80's everyone whacked their hair off, often in boyish cuts. My long hair was down to my butt, and I garnered a lot of compliments because it was so unusual.

But Diana did not need to be beautiful ~ she had too much else going for her. And Prince Charles' "real love", Camilla, borders on homely.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:25 AM

37,223 posts, read 43,448,403 times
Quote:
I agree with you about the mannish fashions. I was a kid in the 80s, so I have a lot of childhood pictures with adults in my family featuring the "power" clothes and the severe, short "female executive" haircuts (and none of the women in my family were even businesswomen...it was just a style that infected everything).
Quote:
Oh, good lord...from a purely superficial standpoint, I think that poor guy has grown to look increasingly like his father. When he was a little boy/teen, you could see a lot of his mother in him, but as he ages, I think the genes from Charles' side are becoming far more visibly prominent, outside of his coloring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty