U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 PM

80,972 posts, read 74,043,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
What's your opinion of a gorgeous tan on a woman's body.

I will be frank. I am not a huge tan lover, and women with smooth snow white skin usually appeals me more (hope people are not offended by this statement. If so, I am sorry and I did not intend to insult anyone). But for those of you who like tans on women, who in your mind looks very beautiful. Please post links to images which DO NOT contain viruses
Nice to know someone appreciates untanned skin. I don't tan, I tend to burn. Though I'm not "snow white", either--I freckle. So...meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,539,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
This is funny, This pic:

describes something you see in parts of the south NOT kidding, wish I was. OP do you like that one, OR:

natural tan.
#2 is hot and steamy. I wanna have a "sleepover" with her .

Old 12-11-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jade Stingray View Post
I don't like pasty women...they look sickly IMO.
Well, pardon us pasty women for existing! But we'll look a lot better at 40+ than those bronzed babes will. I've seen women in their 50's and 60's who were really into tanning when younger. It's frightening. Hard to look at. Yet they still think they're attractive. Sad.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:13 PM

20,803 posts, read 15,354,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, pardon us pasty women for existing! But we'll look a lot better at 40+ than those bronzed babes will. I've seen women in their 50's and 60's who were really into tanning when younger. It's frightening. Hard to look at. Yet they still think they're attractive. Sad.
Unfortunately, most of the sun bathing girls from my youth fit the Sun bathing model. Even my olive skin has been damaged by too much sun over the years. My date tonight looks a lot like Jenifer Lawrence, in the picture I put up except with red hair and 35 years old. You can tell she stayed out of the sun because she has almost perfect smooth skin.

Like the Dermatologist say there is no such thing as a safe tan!

Old 12-11-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Unfortunately, most of the sun bathing girls from my youth fit the Sun bathing model. Even my olive skin has been damaged by too much sun over the years. My date tonight looks a lot like Jenifer Lawrence, in the picture I put up except with red hair and 35 years old. You can tell she stayed out of the sun because she has almost perfect smooth skin.

Like the Dermatologist say there is no such thing as a safe tan!
I like the woman in the middle, in that batch of 3 photos you put up. Why wouldn't you have found her attractive when you were younger? (Trying to probe the male mind, here. Indulge me. )

Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM

14,790 posts, read 14,410,048 times
Quote:
Nice to know someone appreciates untanned skin. I don't tan, I tend to burn. Though I'm not "snow white", either--I freckle. So...meh.
If I am know I will be sitting outside, I apply sunscreen as the sun downunder is intense. However I have noticed I am a shade darker and I have not purposefully sat outside... this is just from going to/from work + being out and about. and I don't have leathery skin

Old 12-11-2013, 07:24 PM

20,803 posts, read 15,354,019 times
Quote:
I like the woman in the middle, in that batch of 3 photos you put up. Why wouldn't you have found her attractive when you were younger? (Trying to probe the male mind, here. Indulge me. )
Thats Jenifer Lawrence, who I will be seeing in about an hour. Well, maybe her older sister or aunt.
When I was younger up until 30 if you weren't blonde with a tan I would not have been attracted to you. I don't know what happened or changed. Maybe I grew up or I am just rebelling against social conditioning that was pushed in all the magazines

Last edited by LS Jaun; 12-11-2013 at 07:36 PM..

Old 12-11-2013, 08:03 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,539,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There is no such thing as a 'healthy' tan. Your skin gets darker because it's damaged by the sun. So even a 'sun kissed' tan can create problems down the road.
So, you should avoid exposure to sunlight and forget about natures source of vitamin D . Why ? I am just suggesting people to try out doing some physical activity outside on a warm sunny day like hiking, biking, or swimming. Many people here develop a tan from those activities alone in sunlight. I am yet to hear a woman who got severely impacted by cancer due to biking outside on a warm & breezy summer evening.

Don't overdo it by sitting outside and basking in sunlight, but spending a few hours outside when its sunny doing some activity and then developing a tan is always OK.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-11-2013 at 08:38 PM..

Old 12-11-2013, 08:51 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,127,484 times
I prefer dark skin (black) or paler skin (think Anne Hathaway). Olive/tan is OK if it's natural.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:57 PM

14,323 posts, read 19,846,963 times
Default I don't notice it

I'm married of course, but I can express my preference here.

I don't notice the tan. I notice her. The way she moves and how she carries herself. I notice her lips and her facial features, her eyes, and the shape of her thighs. I notice how she looks from behind and her general health. I notice the smoothness of her skin, whether or not she has tattoos. I notice whether or not she finds me attractive and is intrigued. I notice whether or not she has a demeanor that indicates that were I to get involved with her, I would be immensely gratified, especially in a sexual way.

A tan alone doesn't tell me anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty