U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 02:00 PM

1,964 posts, read 4,709,969 times

Advertisements

I don't like a dark bronzed tan like from a tanning bed or spray on... total turn off. Fake tans are for fake ppl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 02:23 PM

5,441 posts, read 15,041,003 times
The one received from doing something outside not baking in the sun, either inside or out.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,652,972 times
First of all, I'm an early-Boomer male who is now just slightly younger than dirt. In other words, having grown up in the 1960's/1970's, I have seen it all -- and, most likely, I have done most of it. Today I am happily-and-permanently married to the woman of my dreams, and I have been since 1975.

Now, with that said, and speaking only for me, skin-tone (whether tanned or not) doesn't rank very high on my hit-list (pardon the double-entendre). My personal "attraction-index" is much more influenced by other factors. NOTE: My assessment of these things occurs together, at faster-than-light speed.

First, though in the grand scale of things it is unimportant, do I find her attractive in some way? This helps to quickly sort things out. By the way, skin-tone DOES NOT figure into this. Paler-than-a-sheet and darker-than-the-night women pass through this initial screen with equal ease and frequency.

Second, and most important, does she seem to be attracted to ME? (Attention males: This one should rank very, VERY high on your scale-of-importance list. Otherwise, like Don Quixote, you're gonna be tilting at windmills.)

Third, and second-most-important (speaking only for me), does she seem to be reasonably intelligent and "challenging". In other words, is she likely to put up a good "fight" in the realm of intelligence, logic, reasoning, and downright fun? Personally, I find unintelligent and intellectually un-challenging women to be more of a turn-off than a turn-on.

Fourth(!!), is she, generally, physically, personally attractive to me? Some of you may think it odd that this ranks fourth (a close fourth, btw - see the opening comments), but there you have it...

Looking back on this, perhaps I should have been a Klingon. Whaddaya think?

-- Nighteyes

Last edited by Nighteyes; 12-12-2013 at 03:11 PM..

Old 12-12-2013, 02:40 PM

33,527 posts, read 16,781,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Well I'm not tan, checkout my pic... but never been a sun bunny myself..
You have a healthy looking color to you.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:04 PM

2,880 posts, read 3,567,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You have a healthy looking color to you.
Thank you~

Old 12-12-2013, 05:38 PM

15,849 posts, read 30,994,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Beautiful tans at 25 years of age equals tons of wrinkles at 50. I think that tanning is pretty silly.

That is my one and only post on the subject.
It is very important to keep your skin hydrated if you are going to tan. Using a high quality silicone moisturizer and drinking a lot of water will counteract the drying/aging effects of the sun. Most people are badly dehydrated ANYWAY and tanning (outdoors or indoors), only increases the dehydration of your skin if you do not compensate by replacing it with more water.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-12-2013, 06:42 PM

15,611 posts, read 32,122,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It is very important to keep your skin hydrated if you are going to tan. Using a high quality silicone moisturizer and drinking a lot of water will counteract the drying/aging effects of the sun. Most people are badly dehydrated ANYWAY and tanning (outdoors or indoors), only increases the dehydration of your skin if you do not compensate by replacing it with more water.

20yrsinBranson
Great advice, and I was going to mention that. Since I do like getting an hour or two of sun most days, I drink a LOT of fresh water, and always use protective (natural) oils on my skin. If one stays hydrated and doesn't smoke and uses common sense, the sun is beneficial and gives a nice color and tone to the skin.

I am in my 60s and have almost no wrinkles on my face. My doctors have told me my age would be very difficult to guess if one doesn't already know.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:33 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,568,878 times
Mom is in her upper 40's and has had a tan as long as I have known. No wrinkles yet, but she loves doing stuff outside when its warm & sunny. Never budgeted time for exclusively tanning in her lifetime. It is not necessary that women who look tan young will have wrinkled leathery skin later on in life. Like posters above said, she regularly drinks a lot of fluids.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:34 PM

538 posts, read 5,239,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, pardon us pasty women for existing! But we'll look a lot better at 40+ than those bronzed babes will. I've seen women in their 50's and 60's who were really into tanning when younger. It's frightening. Hard to look at. Yet they still think they're attractive. Sad.
Try 73

rachel welch pics - Bing Images

Old 12-12-2013, 08:40 PM

538 posts, read 5,239,870 times

linda carter pics - Bing Images
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty