U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 12:50 PM

132 posts, read 256,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
In the 'Land of Frankenfoods' we will eventually get 'Frankenbeauties' -

In a Plastic Surgery lab somewhere across the 'fruited' plains:
Dr Frankenstein: "Igor, you fool! I said bring me the Keira Knightly nose and the Jennifer Lopez buttocks you brought me the Knightly buttocks and the Jennifer Aniston nose! Idiot!"

Better content: Links to articles that do a good job explaining what some know and others inherently could figure out.

Sexual Selection and the Biology of Beauty, Anders Pape Moller
http://www.mindship.org/moller.htm

Isn't She Lovely, Brad Lemley
Isn’t She Lovely? | Soulhuntre

For your viewing pleasure, the Twilight Zone addressed the beauty issue quite well with these:

Eye of The Beholder (condensed version)

You Are So Beautiful in the Eye of the Beholder - YouTube

Number Twelve Looks Just Like You

The Twilight Zone S05E17 Number 12 Looks Just Like You Full Episode - YouTube

I'll take a natural women every time.
Ha-ha. I've seen this episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 04:23 PM

921 posts, read 858,361 times
Both of them are definitely ugly
if I was forced to pick one I'd say the brunette morphing beats the blonde one on uglynness

overall I like the most Shakira, Jennifer Aniston, Frida Pinto and Blake Lively

Scarlett Johansson is not sexy at all
Cara De Levigne...well I've seen shemales who were prettier than her...

Old 01-24-2014, 05:47 PM

686 posts, read 1,012,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Two 'perfect faces' - created from the features of glamorous actresses, singers and models - reveal the stark differences between how men and women perceive female beauty.

Picture shows ideal female face according to men and women | Mail Online

Now when men and women fight what is beautiful and not, what you all think about this?

And are those 2 models "very" different after all? Both has some similar traits.

As a woman, does this represent your ideal?

As a man, does this represent your ideal?
Ridiculous. I almost stopped reading when I got to the part where it says....."Men prefer the Dutchess of York........." I say complete hogwash on this. No straight man (who didn't get beat up in school) knows anything about the duchess of York.

Also, no man (that I have ever met) says they prefer Jennifer Anniston's forehead.

Ridiculous article.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:16 PM

2,867 posts, read 4,159,639 times
Blake Lively has a huge nose. No woman I know would see a big nose as ideal.

I've always thought there's something so striking about the light/dark contrast. Like Elizabeth Taylor vs Grace Kelly.

Dark hair and light eyes make features pop and just the whole package. Especially facially. You notice everything -eyes, nose, hair, lips, etc.

Light on light everything kind of mutes together. Facially you

Old 01-24-2014, 11:47 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,447,212 times
It is strange that the article would say men prefer a woman with a masculine-looking face while the women prefer a more feminine face. Biological studies have always showed men prefer women with feminine faces, and this is true across cultures. That's why neonatal features are preferred-- large eyes, smaller nose, higher forehead and fuller lips.

Men have become accustomed to more masculine-looking women and are responding to a cultural shift in women's beauty. It explains why men seem to prefer the "athletic" look in women now, versus the classical curvy figure.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:30 AM

5,955 posts, read 5,115,486 times
When I was young I did a lot of drawing ,mostly female faces.
You could say it was an obsession it was high school.
I wasn't very good at it but you could at least tell who it was.
Often times I drew from imagination simply to see what would come out .
None of them had male features and none of them had big full lips, they were normal or average.
cheek bone was always conservative and broad in the face.
I've come to like Jennifer's face a lot more than I thought I would , but that's how people change.
I don't know the real Jennifer ,but I suppose it would be a kick to have the opportunity..
Angelina is too unhappy to enjoy her face . the few times she is photographed off screen.
Plastic smiles just don't do it. I like her action though .
For me the personality is a very big part of a woman's beauty.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:23 PM

18,434 posts, read 30,099,995 times
I don't like either one. The lips are too full, and the faces just seem too symmetrically perfect. I like to see little differences or imperfections. I like to see a person with character.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:47 PM

7,322 posts, read 4,873,197 times
I don't get the appeal to Jennifer Anniston. :shrug: I mean, she's attractive, but not enough for me to choose a feature of hers, especially her forehead.

Both composite photos look very off. The first has a much softer appearance. The second photo with the blonde hair and eyebrows... no.

I know what I like in terms of features. I like symmetry, high cheekbones, full lips, and a nice jawline (like the first example), and eyebrows that aren't too thick or thin. Since I have very similar features it's what I'm used to, and a lot of mixed/biracial women tend to have a similar appearance.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:49 PM

7,322 posts, read 4,873,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
It is strange that the article would say men prefer a woman with a masculine-looking face while the women prefer a more feminine face. Biological studies have always showed men prefer women with feminine faces, and this is true across cultures. That's why neonatal features are preferred-- large eyes, smaller nose, higher forehead and fuller lips.

Men have become accustomed to more masculine-looking women and are responding to a cultural shift in women's beauty. It explains why men seem to prefer the "athletic" look in women now, versus the classical curvy figure.
Ditto.

I still prefer a softer, more feminine physique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or