U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:02 AM

2,730 posts, read 2,152,846 times

Advertisements

Two 'perfect faces' - created from the features of glamorous actresses, singers and models - reveal the stark differences between how men and women perceive female beauty.

Picture shows ideal female face according to men and women | Mail Online

Now when men and women fight what is beautiful and not, what you all think about this?

And are those 2 models "very" different after all? Both has some similar traits.

As a woman, does this represent your ideal?

As a man, does this represent your ideal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 09:11 AM

20,419 posts, read 38,711,698 times
I don't care for either one...

I'd bet that the results would be different if there was a real survey done in America (not just some internet thing in the UK).

Old 12-12-2013, 09:16 AM

782 posts, read 955,671 times
I think it is a stupid premise. You can't "Frankenstein" beauty together by mish-mashing various body parts from different people together. Scientific studies have shown that our ideals of beauty have to do with symetry and proportion at their core, and you lose that. One person's forehead may be perfect on her, but wrong when mashed together with parts of 10 other people's faces.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:34 AM

328 posts, read 414,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Two 'perfect faces' - created from the features of glamorous actresses, singers and models - reveal the stark differences between how men and women perceive female beauty.

Picture shows ideal female face according to men and women | Mail Online

Now when men and women fight what is beautiful and not, what you all think about this?

And are those 2 models "very" different after all? Both has some similar traits.

As a woman, does this represent your ideal?

As a man, does this represent your ideal?

No.

I can find beauty in a wide variety of human faces, and they do not have to be perfect. I personally think tribal people on Earth have some of the most beautiful faces and bodies. They are living as nature intended. Look at the Masai people for example...gorgeous bone structure and lean, tall bodies. The women have short natural hair, but you can clearly look at them and see that they are women even if their breasts are not showing. Their smiles are sublime. Healthy teeth and bone structure. I think Brazilian tribal people are lovely examples of H. Sapiens too. In the Western world, we think beauty for women is adding all of these 'apps' (like superfluous make up, botox, juvederm, etc) to the canvas. Aging females are dismissed as ugly/undesirable, but I see some stunners around here with waist length silver hair and you can tell they have grown wiser gracefully without paying a doctor for a pipe dream. Men in the West want their perfect CGI/photoshop looking bish, and who can blame the surgeons and chemists for making their money? I ain't mad at them. Don't hate the player, hate the game. But I refuse to play. I don't care what men think about me. I know I can never measure up to the expectations so why worry about it? But most Hollyfake broads (and their poorer, less famous clones) look plastic to ME, but to each his own.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:45 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
31,183 posts, read 56,825,794 times
I don't like either one. I have never understood the attraction to Angelina Jolie, and the male choice looks way too much like her.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:23 PM

2,276 posts, read 4,627,651 times
Angelina Jolie looks better than either one.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:42 PM

538 posts, read 5,238,488 times
Man here....

I think I like the first better IMO.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:44 PM

805 posts, read 1,343,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Angelina Jolie looks better than either one.
The pre or post surgery Angelina?
Attached Thumbnails
Men and women have VERY different ideas about beauty-image.jpg  

Old 12-13-2013, 08:49 AM

262 posts, read 466,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
The pre or post surgery Angelina?

Why should that matter?

Old 12-13-2013, 08:52 AM

262 posts, read 466,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
No.

Men in the West want their perfect CGI/photoshop looking bish, and who can blame the surgeons and chemists for making their money? I ain't mad at them. Don't hate the player, hate the game. But I refuse to play. I don't care what men think about me. I know I can never measure up to the expectations so why worry about it? But most Hollyfake broads (and their poorer, less famous clones) look plastic to ME, but to each his own.

Depends where you live really.

Have you ever seen People of Walmart? Ain't no "fake girls" in there. There are places that aren't as shallow and superficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or