U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 PM

34,769 posts, read 29,999,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I have this exact one. It's pretty versatile.
I have the large version of it on a long, black silk cord. I wear it often.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:09 AM

1,745 posts, read 2,190,305 times
If it was my money personally I'd grab an Alexis Bittar design before either of those. Tiffany low-end jewelry is lame and not respected that much these days in the fashion world, it's basically a played out stereotype. You could get her a ring or modest Bittar necklace and it would be like 1000 times more stylish IMO. This is just the first example that came to mind. I own several pieces and it's on sale on their site right now. If I could afford to buy more, I would. The quality is excellent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 09:13 AM

34,769 posts, read 29,999,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
If it was my money personally I'd grab an Alexis Bittar design before either of those. Tiffany low-end jewelry is lame and not respected that much these days in the fashion world, it's basically a played out stereotype. You could get her a ring or modest Bittar necklace and it would be like 1000 times more stylish IMO. This is just the first example that came to mind. I own several pieces and it's on sale on their site right now. If I could afford to buy more, I would. The quality is excellent.

I could seriously go for the neo-Bohemian dragonfly necklace.

That said, I suspect the OP is going for something classic instead of something that's currently fashionable.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:59 PM

3,058 posts, read 6,741,931 times
Out of the 2 I like the circles but it really seems expensive for what it is. I understand it is Tiffany's but still. I looked at some other necklaces for the price. I like the Paloma's Venezia Goldoni medallion pendant and also the key pendant.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:27 AM

123 posts, read 133,120 times
I love the second one better. The one with interlocking circles.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:00 AM

10,863 posts, read 26,927,140 times
My niece has the interlocking circles necklace, though she's twelve, and while the chain is a bit longer on her than most adult women, the pendant is not terribly oversized. If your sister wears jewelry that has a larger pendant, the interlocking circles may not be large enough.

I know some of the charms are larger, such as the keys mentioned up thread, and I think there's a Paloma Picasso flower that is to the larger size, in sterling, so it's closer to the same price point as the horseshoe. I seem to recall seeing one that was an open flower charm on a silver necklace when I was looking for a Christmas gift.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-24-2013, 01:31 PM

4,425 posts, read 3,359,318 times
The interlocking circles.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:08 PM

265 posts, read 464,597 times
THanks everyone! Really appreciate the opinions. I ended up going with another piece (key lock) from a a local jeweler. thank you again and merry christmas/happy holidays to all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty