U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 06:55 AM

20,419 posts, read 38,791,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
I would love to be able to break free from this.
I don't believe that for a second.
You love wallowing in all this negative attention.
You keep coming back with different screen names and start the process over and over again.

You do not want to break free... you do not want to change.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 AM

101 posts, read 88,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I don't believe that for a second.
You love wallowing in all this negative attention.
You keep coming back with different screen names and start the process over and over again.

You do not want to break free... you do not want to change.
,If I could break free from this misery I would. I've tried with skin bleaching and skin lightening but it didn't work. I wasn't able to get light enough.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:08 AM

20,419 posts, read 38,791,471 times
Quote:
,I've tried with skin bleaching and skin lightening but it didn't work. I wasn't able to get light enough.
Irrelevant.
That is not how you break free from your misery.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Irrelevant.
That is not how you break free from your misery.
Now you are going to dictate how I should feel?

Old 12-18-2013, 07:13 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,573,593 times
Quote:
It's hard for me to be happy when I have a skin tone that is just not considered attractive by the majority. I can't accept this.
Have you considered relocating to a country where your skin tone is the norm or a at least an area of the US that would offer that or just ignoring what goes on in the media? Who cares if one is considered attractive? Life is so much more than sitting around attached hopelessly to the media which should be called the "myth-edia". If this really does bother you, you need to seek therapy or join a group of others where you can learn to appreciate what you do have and who you are.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Have you considered relocating to a country where your skin tone is the norm or a at least an area of the US that would offer that or just ignoring what goes on in the media? Who cares if one is considered attractive? Life is so much more than sitting around attached hopelessly to the media which should be called the "myth-edia". If this really does bother you, you need to seek therapy or join a group of others where you can learn to appreciate what you do have and who you are.
No, I'm not interested in moving outside the country where my skin color is the norm. I am not interested in dating, marrying, or procreating with black men.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:14 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,964,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1988 View Post
I'm afraid you're very unlikely to ever be happy, then. <snip>

We can provide equal opportunity for people of color in many ways. Employment, education, and equality under the law. We can stop racism when it comes to those things. But there's really nothing we can do about the fact that white people are considered better looking. Beauty contests are the one place I don't think we're ever going to see racial equality. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. You need to find a way to accept or deal with that. Not everyone can be considered beautiful.
Well, there's Miss France and although I do not know where it is exactly that your shade of color falls but I agree with everyone here that despite your shade it really is a matter of your attitude and confidence. None of us can control the initial first impression or opinion in the 'eye of the beholder', however, we can certainly control what we think of ourselves and how we present ourselves to others, and ultimately that is what people come to know us by...our personality.

Oh, and by the by, the newly crowned Miss France is a beautiful, young, vivacious lady of color...and yet there are segments of all society that are just hateful, petty, and racist. Sadly, itis just that simple.

Quote:
I won't accept it. I'll just die unhappy.
If you can somehow get through this obsession you have about your skin color, I promise you that over time you will come to accept it, you will not die unhappy, and your life could actually be absolutely, (dare I say it?)...GREAT! But really, it's up to you, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Your appearance is not at fault. It is actually people who believe the American/racist myth perpertrated by our like-minded media, that lighter is more attractive and tell you to seek therapy who have the bigger problem. Our elitist culture in this country is not the standard of the universe, no matter how much that claim is made. Learn to love yourself first, as no better nor worse than anyone other human alive.
With all due respect, sincerely I believe that although America may not have the best track record concerning racism, let's be realistic and state as a fact that America certainly did not invent racism. That has been alive since civilizations fist began whether it be by color, caste system, slavery, etc., etc.
Racism is an issue of humanity (or lack thereof) and its tentacles reach far and wide across this planet.

I came across this in the World forum...not in the Americas forum.

Flora Conquerel Crowned Miss France - Twitter Responds with Racism - ELLE

Old 12-18-2013, 07:24 AM

5,955 posts, read 5,116,576 times
I don't want to hear it , I've tried to be friendly with black women and they are simply not interested, and yes I'm white.
From the time I was young , black women would not even look at me ,though I had white girl friends .(not a troll)
I had always been friendly with many cultures, asian, hispanic, european, from all around the world.
Finally gave up ,they are too snooty.
Plenty of fish in the sea. ya know.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:11 AM

1,613 posts, read 2,287,525 times
As others have said be thankful for what you have, your health. I have a cousin who at a young age suffered burns over her body, including her face. Needless to say, no man was interested in her. In addition to that, she suffered continuous severe pain when growing up due to her skin not being able to stretch. She went into social work, working with refugees in Africa. Maybe as you mature and see others in much worse conditions, you will come to appreciate the gifts you do have.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,557,775 times
I didn't read this whole thread. Not sure what to think. Colorism exists a lot on CD. I cant tell you the number of threads I have read here about male posters asking where to find the blondest blue eyed girl.

OP if this makes you feel any better. Its normal to wish you had what you don't have. I for one wish I was darker. I just wear foundation a couple shades darker & call it a day.Even on days I dont have a tan I dont feel any less of a human being. That would be unhealthy. I however do NOT obsess over it & I do not feel my life is ruined because I'm not as exxotical looking as Angelina Jolie.

Are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty