U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:45 PM

37,232 posts, read 43,574,739 times

Advertisements

Seriously, it's all the exact same thread. Over and over and over and over again.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:41 PM

1,756 posts, read 876,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
My sense of self-worth is also determined by what I see on the front page of Yahoo.com. Currently its Ben Bernanke. Until I'm Chairman of the Federal Reserve, I'll never be happy.

Lmao

Old 12-19-2013, 03:45 PM

1,756 posts, read 876,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The OP is not "real".

This same individual has had numerous incarnations on C-D with the EXACT same "I'm ugly because I'm dark skinned/black/not mixed" nonsense.

bluemoonpie<=bakedkookies<=orange crush<= julie1234<=bambi234<=crystal buttons<=purplerage<=redberry rose<=nyanna

If you look at the post history any of the above usernames you will see the EXACT same topic repeated ad nauseum.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This! Can we close this thread now?

Old 12-19-2013, 04:00 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,558,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
ydroquinone 10%,vit c 5000mg orally/day,glucothione,retin a,are all things you can do to lighten your skin. You must be vigilant with suncscreen however.
Many people have lightened up by bleaching.

Skincaretalk...I think I said this already.

See Mshoza

This is why IMO tanning is better & safer than bleaching. How can one slurp themselves in something as strong as 10% HQ & still look okay considering HQ is banned even at 2%. So you think you can apply it at 10% & not melt?

Not sure if you are doing this for fun but lots of vulnerable people like OP will try this only to end up either patch burnt or dead! I think you mean well but stop!

Old 12-19-2013, 04:10 PM

18,786 posts, read 14,689,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
As long as the media pushes images of women who are lightskinned, white or mixed down my throat. I will never ever be happy. I'll always feel unhappy and incomplete. I always dream of a day that I can wake up and see nothing but positive images of women who are darkskinned and fully black like me. Or hear men say they prefer a darkskinned blk woman. I'd be so happy and wouldn't have all this anger inside. But that will never happen
OP you are so misguided it is just sad. think of some of these beautiful creatures.

S.O.S. BAND - Take your time (Do it right) (1980) extended version - YouTube

2013 Diamond League Zürich - Meseret Defar vs Tirunesh Dibaba in 5000m - YouTube

Former Miss America Erika Harold To Run For Congress In Illinois - YouTube

The only one who concludes that you are not beautiful due to your skin tone is you. Few others think that. Sad to think that someone is beautiful and does not know it.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:29 PM

171 posts, read 324,273 times
I see dark skinned black women I think are beautiful all the time.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:52 PM

895 posts, read 1,204,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
THAT'S IT . This woman has moaned enough. Time to report her to the Senior Mods and end this once and for all. I believe she is doing this with an inner intention of getting more views and higher reputation points. If she is miserable and purposefully putting herself down, there is not a FKing thing anyone can do to help her.

Yes please, I just got a mean rep from this person. At first I was like what! then I died laughing. I was actually trying to relate as lot of women like attention too, but oh well.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:40 PM

5,056 posts, read 5,726,202 times
Quote:
It's hard for me to be happy when I have a skin tone that is just not considered attractive by the majority. I can't accept this.
Actually, the problem seems to be that you DO accept it.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:53 PM

748 posts, read 1,447,219 times
Well you could bleach your skin, or just learn to accept who you are and be happy being you. Some one can not love you until you learn to love an accept your own self. After all you can not really do to much to change your skin color aside from the above mentioned. No one is perfect and we all have things we would like to change about our self, but eventually you have to learn to be happy in your own skin.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:55 PM

2,574 posts, read 4,804,403 times
Quote:
It's hard for me not to focus on it. The moment I log into yahoo, I see photos of white women that most men find attractive, and then when I leave out the door, most men are paired with white or light skinned women.
So? I'm a single 59-year-old and when I log onto yahoo, I see young women with flawless, unwrinkled skin and gleaming white smiles hanging out with hunky young men. I'm still happy - there's more to life than comparing myself to Photoshopped pictures of women I'll never look like. The models in those ads have the same or worse problems as everyone else on this earth, regardless of how they look or what color their skin is. Think of all the drop-dead gorgeous movie stars of both sexes who deal with addictions, relationship problems, and suicide, just like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty