U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:09 PM

101 posts, read 88,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Nyanna,I keep telling you,move to black mecca cities like Washington DC,Nyc,etc.

I think dark skin women who are thin,or slightly overweight get more attention than fat,lightskinned women

They have these types of topics on lipstickalley.
They have a light skin/ dark skin subforum

Its a big issue in black america.
Colorism is the same in every black city in America, the blk men chase after the lightest woman they can find. I don't even like black men anymore, and have absolutely no interest in moving to a city just to date them. I've been scarred by them and don't want anything to do with them. So for anybody who suggests I move to Africa, Jamaica, or some black city--STOP, I'm not interesting in dating black men. I don't want my children to suffer. If I think I'm too dark, how do you think my children by a black man are going to feel? Even worse

Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Do you have nice features? I cant imagine men turning down a woman who looks like Naomi Campbell or Kenya Moore or a young Whitney in her prime because they are ""dark"".

I can't imagine most men graviating to rapper TI's wife Tiny because she is ""light"". She is ugly. I wish I knew how to post pics. Just google these people. And thank me later!
I don't have features like any of those women. Whitney Houston was a quarter white with very refined features, same for Kenya Moore. Naomi Campbell is half Chinese. I'm darkskinned with broad West African features. I can't think of any black women in the media who look like me because we are so poorly represented

Old 12-19-2013, 09:25 PM

3,475 posts, read 2,834,288 times
OP, how old are you? Your angst reminds me of a 13 year old middle schooler. Get over yourself.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why? Are they too dark for you?
Many of them are colorstruck and don't truly appreciate black women, especially darkskinned black women. They use and abuse us. the loyalty is very one sided. a lot of them date outside their race, so I'm going to do the same. And I don't want my children to suffer like I did, constantly feeling inadequate about their skin tone and hair.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post

Has Kenya Moore Found Love? - YouTube

Wendy is lighter than Kinya but I think Kinya is universally more beautiful?

What do you guys think?
Kenya has light eyes, and naturally long soft textured hair. She is darkskinned but she compensates for it by having other features that are considered universally attractive. I don't have light eyes, long wavy hair, or a straight nose.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
That's where that therapy would help you.

Why are you focusing on other couples so much? I mean, you have no idea why they are with who they are with. You assume it's because of some standard, but people tend to follow those only up to a point... ultimately, folks will like what they like. And this often starts when they are VERY young. Some of it is triggered by their own mothers and fathers.

Soo... You could argue that you see black men with lightskinned and latina girls because that's what they saw the most of when they were kids... women with lighter skin, I mean.

I know there's that old thing about men becoming wealthy and successful and going for white girls because they can, but really? I mean, maybe once upon a time, but I'm in my 40s and I was in junior high and high school with guys and girls who dated interracially and none of us had money back then... I think some kids are cool with dating outside their races and some are not.

Thing is, you are really down on lightskinned black women. You should not be so down on them. Is it their fault that their skin is lighter than yours? Not unless they bleached it.

I told you before that you see more women with skin lighter than yours because there ARE more women with skin lighter than yours... where you live, anyway.

If you moved to a country with mostly dark people, you'd see people that look like you all the time. And if you still could not find a date, what would you blame then?
There are not more lighter skinned women where I live. And if there is, how did that come to be? Obviously because of natural selection as a result of generations and generations of black men mating with lighter womenBut there are an equal amount of brown/dark women, as there are light, however most black guys selective chose to pursue the lighter toned women for serious relationships. I'm sick and tired of seeing this. I also noticed that a few posters have suggested I move to a black city or country to get a black man. why? Black men are never encouraged to do the same. They are out dating everything but a black woman, yet I am being encouraged to move across the world to find what little scraps that don't date out? I am not go to do it. Please stop suggesting I get a black man because I do not want one at all. If they can date white, latina and every other race of women than I will do the same with men

Old 12-19-2013, 10:21 PM

24,672 posts, read 34,553,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
Many of them are colorstruck and don't truly appreciate black women, especially darkskinned black women. They use and abuse us. the loyalty is very one sided. a lot of them date outside their race, so I'm going to do the same. And I don't want my children to suffer like I did, constantly feeling inadequate about their skin tone and hair.
Awww....you poor thing. So black, so oppressed by black men. Used, abused, tragic.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Awww....you poor thing. So black, so oppressed by black men. Used, abused, tragic.
If you are going to make a mockery of how I feel, why even ask?

Old 12-20-2013, 06:01 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,553,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Girl, where do you live. Even I feel this is troll post and I usually never say that but come on. I can understand some of the points but I do not see this everyday.

I am a dark black woman too btw. The only thing she has a point about is that I look a little mixed and have extremely long hair and I get black men like crazy. I am not sure if I would have this type of reaction if I did not have long hair and mixed look.
How do you look mixed if you are dark?

Mixed women I know, Vanessa Williams, Stacey Dash. You sound like you are embarassed to be a dark skinned black woman like you have to emphasise how ""good"" your hair is & how mixed you look?

Old 12-20-2013, 06:15 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,553,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
I don't have features like any of those women. Whitney Houston was a quarter white with very refined features, same for Kenya Moore. Naomi Campbell is half Chinese. I'm darkskinned with broad West African features. I can't think of any black women in the media who look like me because we are so poorly represented
Kelly Rowland
Alek Wek
Gabrielle Union
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty