U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 07:43 AM

24,672 posts, read 34,564,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
If you are going to make a mockery of how I feel, why even ask?
I'm not the one who's making a mockery here.................

Old 12-20-2013, 09:01 AM

994 posts, read 1,311,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
How do you look mixed if you are dark?

Mixed women I know, Vanessa Williams, Stacey Dash. You sound like you are embarassed to be a dark skinned black woman like you have to emphasise how ""good"" your hair is & how mixed you look?
Your thinking is so provincial.

Looking black is more than just skin color. It's the features, too. OP is complaining because she has the dark color AND the features (nubian nose, thick lips, and such - I'm guessing) whereas stephei has dark skin, but more European features (again, I'm guessing). I have lighter skin, but plenty of "black" features. There's a lot of variance among us because our genealogies are so different, despite us all having the black label.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:07 AM

5,076 posts, read 6,619,368 times
The OP sounds like the same poster who repeatedly posts on C-D under different usernames; and claims to be an Asian Indian man who is stuck on white women, but says they don't like him.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:20 AM

895 posts, read 1,203,223 times
Quote:
Colorism is the same in every black city in America, the blk men chase after the lightest woman they can find. I don't even like black men anymore, and have absolutely no interest in moving to a city just to date them. I've been scarred by them and don't want anything to do with them. So for anybody who suggests I move to Africa, Jamaica, or some black city--STOP, I'm not interesting in dating black men. I don't want my children to suffer. If I think I'm too dark, how do you think my children by a black man are going to feel? Even worse

Who are you interested in getting attention from or you just want the standard to change to build your self-esteem? I did not mean to offend before as I could see how my post could seem like I was bragging. However, I was trying to relate because believe or not I have had a couple of similar thoughts as you have. In addition, as a previous posters states of a times you get the ghetto mentality guys with weaves and straight hair. I am sure that is not what you want to attract right?

Most interracial couples I see have the women have very dark skin and prominent AA features I do not think you should have an issue if that is what you are looking for.

Media just portrayes a certain look to make money and appeal to the average white American, but real life out of ten interracial couples I have seen maybe one light skin person. Most were dark skin with African features.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I don't have features like any of those women. Whitney Houston was a quarter white with very refined features, same for Kenya Moore. Naomi Campbell is half Chinese. I'm darkskinned with broad West African features. I can't think of any black women in the media who look like me because we are so poorly represented

You are right there are not a lot of West African feature women in the media, but I was friends with a guy who was West African and had a sister who received a lot of attention and had no problem with men.

She is currently married.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:

Mixed women I know, Vanessa Williams, Stacey Dash. You sound like you are embarassed to be a dark skinned black woman like you have to emphasise how ""good"" your hair is & how mixed you look?

Are you kidding me? I love and may I emphasize love!! being a dark skin woman. I do not like it when I get lighter during the winter months.

My dark skin to me adds to my beauty and in addition I look a younger than my age because of it.

Last edited by stephei2000; 12-20-2013 at 09:55 AM..

Old 12-20-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Also my post was not a complement. Meaning I get black men like crazy but I should have emphasized that is usually the hood mentality type and my looks contribute to that. I do not want to attractive those type.

My point is sometimes having a look that is quote closer to the standard in the black community sometimes does attract the best quality men.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:43 AM

11,177 posts, read 10,737,666 times
This poster needs to just be perma-banned. Once again, her topics rise to the type of the page. Just put a fork in her already..

Old 12-20-2013, 09:46 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,024,101 times
Quote:
As long as the media pushes images of women who are lightskinned, white or mixed down my throat. I will never ever be happy. I'll always feel unhappy and incomplete. I always dream of a day that I can wake up and see nothing but positive images of women who are darkskinned and fully black like me. Or hear men say they prefer a dark skinned blk woman. I'd be so happy and wouldn't have all this anger inside. But that will never happen
Bluemoonpie, being beautiful has nothing to do with the color of the skin. And nothing to do with those Photoshopped images. You should know only one thing: there is not such thing as an ugly woman.
I put this in bold for you. There are only women who don;t know how to value their good features and hide their faults. There are only women who don;t know how to take care of themselves. I'm sure that a haircut that flatters your face and clothes that flatter your figure will make you very, very beautiful. So stop being hard on yourself and start reading/learning what kind of things look good on you, what colors, what hairdos etc. Read these books inseatd of magazines with unrealistic Photoshopped images of celebrities. Celebrities don;t look like that in real life either.

Happiness comes from withing. The more you will learn about your body, what it needs, how to take care of it, what you look good in, the more confident you are going to be. And let me tell you this: after you discover all this the rest will come very easily. Pleasant appearance, beautiful personality, wonderful character, these matter. These will help you in life and will make you beautiful in everybody's eyes, even if your skin color was blue, let's say

Start with a trip to your local library and look at books about how to dress, how to apply makeup, what type of haircut based on your face's shape...

Good luck

Old 12-20-2013, 10:09 AM

101 posts, read 88,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Who are you interested in getting attention from or you just want the standard to change to build your self-esteem? I did not mean to offend before as I could see how my post could seem like I was bragging. However, I was trying to relate because believe or not I have had a couple of similar thoughts as you have. In addition, as a previous posters states of a times you get the ghetto mentality guys with weaves and straight hair. I am sure that is not what you want to attract right?

Most interracial couples I see have the women have very dark skin and prominent AA features I do not think you should have an issue if that is what you are looking for.

Media just portrayes a certain look to make money and appeal to the average white American, but real life out of ten interracial couples I have seen maybe one light skin person. Most were dark skin with African features.
I want the same privileges that women like Halle Berry and Beyoncé get for being light skin and mixed looking. I'm not longer interested in dating black guys because I don't want my children to suffer like I am.
Quote:
In addition, as a previous posters states of a times you get the ghetto mentality guys with weaves and straight hair.
I've never heard of this before. I've seen black women with straight weaves on youtube with different classes of men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.