U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2013, 06:53 PM
 
4,725 posts, read 4,588,528 times
Reputation: 9051

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
As long as the media pushes images of women who are lightskinned, white or mixed down my throat. I will never ever be happy. I'll always feel unhappy and incomplete. I always dream of a day that I can wake up and see nothing but positive images of women who are darkskinned and fully black like me. Or hear men say they prefer a darkskinned blk woman. I'd be so happy and wouldn't have all this anger inside. But that will never happen
Give it a rest please. You are the problem. I know many black women with dark skin who are happy in relationships. It is their attitude that makes the difference. You have a bad attitude and that makes people avoid you.

 
Old 12-17-2013, 06:56 PM
 
101 posts, read 88,497 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Give it a rest please. You are the problem. I know many black women with dark skin who are happy in relationships. It is their attitude that makes the difference. You have a bad attitude and that makes people avoid you.
No, those women are not as happy as you think they are. (this is if you even know any dark black women that are in happy relationships to begin with). Most dark women are not in great relationships, many end up paired with abusive black men who still prize light/white women. This is the reality. I am not the ideal and most men would settle for me, cause I don't have features or a skin tone that is universally attractive. That is my fate
 
Old 12-17-2013, 06:57 PM
 
706 posts, read 976,328 times
Reputation: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
Men are visual creatures. And they couldn't care less about attitude and confidence if its not wrapped in the right package.
If what you say is true and it's all about your skin tone, why is it that many non light skinned black women (myself included) have men of all ethnicities trying to get with them? Do you have some kind of facial deformity? Grossly overweight? Or is it only the color of your skin that you think is making you unattractive to most? I don't get it...
 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:01 PM
 
706 posts, read 976,328 times
Reputation: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
No, those women are not as happy as you think they are. (this is if you even know any dark black women that are in happy relationships to begin with). Most dark women are not in great relationships, many end up paired with abusive black men who still prize light/white women. This is the reality. I am not the ideal and most men would settle for me, cause I don't have features or a skin tone that is universally attractive. That is my fate
You're delusional!

I have medium-dark skin and I'm in a healthy marriage of almost 10 years to my husband...and yes, he's black. He has never found white women to be attractive and never dated one when single.
 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:02 PM
 
101 posts, read 88,497 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
If what you say is true and it's all about your skin tone, why is it that many non light skinned black women (myself included) have men of all ethnicities trying to get with them? Do you have some kind of facial deformity? Grossly overweight? Or is it only the color of your skin that you think is making you unattractive to most? I don't get it...
It's because you're not be honest about the situations that most black women are in, therefore you fabricate stories about how you have so many men of different ethnicities trying to date you to make yourself look better. That is not accurate reflection of what's going on. Did you see the documentary Dark Girls? That is how its really like to be an average darkskinned black woman. Look at all the blk women in Africa bleaching their skin trying to be lighter. Most of us are not being courted, we are not being pursued for marriage, and the half way relationships we are in (with blk men), are typically abusive and not very fulfilling. so stop lying and trying to invalidate me
 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:03 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,419 posts, read 38,808,466 times
Reputation: 39144
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
No, those women are not as happy as you think they are. (this is if you even know any dark black women that are in happy relationships to begin with). Most dark women are not in great relationships, many end up paired with abusive black men who still prize light/white women. This is the reality.
Nope... not reality.
Just a figment of your imagination.
 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:05 PM
 
35,107 posts, read 41,756,786 times
Reputation: 62168
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
As long as the media pushes images of women who are lightskinned, white or mixed down my throat. I will never ever be happy. I'll always feel unhappy and incomplete. I always dream of a day that I can wake up and see nothing but positive images of women who are darkskinned and fully black like me. Or hear men say they prefer a darkskinned blk woman. I'd be so happy and wouldn't have all this anger inside. But that will never happen

AND..........

As long as the media pushes images of chocolate everywhere I'll never weigh 106 again.......
 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:07 PM
 
101 posts, read 88,497 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
You're delusional!

I have medium-dark skin and I'm in a healthy marriage of almost 10 years to my husband...and yes, he's black. He has never found white women to be attractive and never dated one when single.
Again, you're gas lighting. Or he probably told you that to make yourself feel better. the vast majority of black men find lighter/whiter women more attractive but use darkskinned women like me as baby making machines to produce more black children. that is my only use to a black man. they don't care about me they don't find me attractive and would never marry me. my sole purpose is to be a baby incubator. there are a lot of black men who are with non black women but have black baby mothers with tons of kids they never visit..they just used them to plant their seed
 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:08 PM
 
706 posts, read 976,328 times
Reputation: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
It's because you're not be honest about the situations that most black women are in, therefore you fabricate stories about how you have so many men of different ethnicities trying to date you to make yourself look better. That is not accurate reflection of what's going on. Did you see the documentary Dark Girls? That is how its really like to be an average darkskinned black woman. Look at all the blk women in Africa bleaching their skin trying to be lighter. Most of us are not being courted, we are not being pursued for marriage, and the half way relationships we are in (with blk men), are typically abusive and not very fulfilling. so stop lying and trying to invalidate me
LOL...wow!

Hon..I don't need to lie to invalidate you...your invalidate yourself with your ridiculous statements.

I live in Colorado, which is one of the whitest states I've known. I'm originally from the South side of Chicago. I'm not light skinned and have never had an issue of white, black and Hispanic men not finding me attractive. I have several dark skinned girlfriends back home who don't have that issue either...in fact, most are also happily married. I assure you, the problem is with you.
 
Old 12-17-2013, 07:10 PM
 
101 posts, read 88,497 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
LOL...wow!

Hon..I don't need to lie to invalidate you...your invalidate yourself with your ridiculous statements.

I live in Colorado, which is one of the whitest states I've known. I'm originally from the South side of Chicago. I'm not light skinned and have never had an issue of white, black and Hispanic men not finding me attractive. I have several dark skinned girlfriends back home who don't have that issue either...in fact, most are also happily married. I assure you, the problem is with you.
Again, you're making this up. And if they are married, I bet their husbands are horribly abusive to them behind closed doors because most black men do not value darkskinned black women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top