Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:11 AM

101 posts, read 102,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRiteMA98 View Post
Bluemoonpie, being beautiful has nothing to do with the color of the skin. And nothing to do with those Photoshopped images. You should know only one thing: there is not such thing as an ugly woman.
I put this in bold for you. There are only women who don;t know how to value their good features and hide their faults. There are only women who don;t know how to take care of themselves. I'm sure that a haircut that flatters your face and clothes that flatter your figure will make you very, very beautiful. So stop being hard on yourself and start reading/learning what kind of things look good on you, what colors, what hairdos etc. Read these books inseatd of magazines with unrealistic Photoshopped images of celebrities. Celebrities don;t look like that in real life either.

Happiness comes from withing. The more you will learn about your body, what it needs, how to take care of it, what you look good in, the more confident you are going to be. And let me tell you this: after you discover all this the rest will come very easily. Pleasant appearance, beautiful personality, wonderful character, these matter. These will help you in life and will make you beautiful in everybody's eyes, even if your skin color was blue, let's say

Start with a trip to your local library and look at books about how to dress, how to apply makeup, what type of haircut based on your face's shape...

Good luck

None of this will make me lightskin or give me the same privileges that lightskinned women have in society. Makeup, nice clothes, haircuts wont turn me into a biracial looking woman.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No, the uneducated, the undereducated, the shortsighted, the unworldly and generally those with a "ghetto" mentality use NBA players and rappers as their measures of success and/or desirability. I can not believe that some women are dumb enough to judge themselves based upon the skin color and body shape of the women in rap videos or on the arm of a 'court jester'. How many of these men have long, successful marriages (to one woman) and do not have illegitimate babies littered throughout the United States with multiple women?

Based on far too many of these posts, some parents have obviously dropped the ball in raising young women to have high standards, high self esteem and to value education (and knowledge). It is so disappointing that these young women are looking to drug dealers, poorly educated athletes and colorstruck rappers as their objects of desire and aspiration. Such a shame. Wake up, ladies.
This young black woman, who does not watch reality tv, listen to hip hop, and doesn't like NBA players and rappers does not exist. Even my college instructors with Master's and PhDs liked hip hop, and watched Basketball Wives. You are so stuck up and uptight.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:44 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
The REAL tragedy here is that this thread has been allowed to continue on for 20 pages without being closed or 'poofed'.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The REAL tragedy here is that this thread has been allowed to continue on for 20 pages without being closed or 'poofed'.
you keep concocting together this mythical magical negro who doesn't watch reality tv, listen to hip hop, like nba players or wear weaves. this perfect black woman you speak of does not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty