U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 07:58 PM

706 posts, read 976,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I smell a troll, I wonder if the OP is black. No Black woman would say that she doesnt have dark skinned friends in healthy relationships, wth??? No way in hell, this is a legitimate poster, and if by some obscure chance this is a real person, you need to concentrate on getting a well paying job, so that you can afford the therapy you desperately need.
This!! I agree!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:00 PM

101 posts, read 88,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I smell a troll, I wonder if the OP is black. No Black woman would say that she doesnt have dark skinned friends in healthy relationships, wth??? No way in hell, this is a legitimate poster, and if by some obscure chance this is a real person, you need to concentrate on getting a well paying job, so that you can afford the therapy you desperately need.
Why wouldn't a black woman say that? Were we all made in a factory, with built in personalities to boot? Yes, I am a black woman, and I don't know any darkskinned black women that are in mutual, loving relationships w/ other black men. It's incredibly rare. You have to live under a rock or be incredibly removed from reality to think otherwise. Do you see how many black men are dating out? Do you seriously think this isn't affecting black women?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
This!! I agree!
Stop protecting black men. go to any major city and the vast majority of them are chasing white and latina women.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:01 PM

81,237 posts, read 74,395,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
More BS and lies. Stoop trying to call me fat when I'm not.
Nobody called you fat. Stop calling people who are trying to help you liars.

If you're not going to believe anyone, why are you here?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 PM

42,717 posts, read 45,470,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Lmao!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
That's the point it shouldn't be the MINORITY. that is what I am pissed off about. why can't I chose from a wide selection of men like lightskinned and white women? why do t I have to compete for a small pool of men?
The point is that the world isn't the way we want it to be, and there's nothing we can do to change certain aspects of it. You can't change the world, you can only change how you relate to it. So what if it's only a minority that likes dark women or short women, or frizzy-haired women, or flat-chested women? Work with what you got! What other option is there? Make lemonade out of lemons!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:

I would like for you to stop defending black men, stop being two faced by denying colorism with the elaborate lies about how you know so many dark women in great relationships with black men--you are doing a huge disservice. How can you just outright lie when you can log onto any blog or youtube and see black men literally trashing black women who look like me. I'm really tired of posters like you who keep trying to invalidate me and my experiences like this.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
The point is that the world isn't the way we want it to be, and there's nothing we can do to change certain aspects of it. You can't change the world, you can only change how you relate to it. So what if it's only a minority that likes dark women or short women, or frizzy-haired women, or flat-chested women? Work with what you got! What other option is there? Make lemonade out of lemons!
No, I don't want to settle for less than. I want my skin tone to be universally attractive like Beyoncé or Rihanna's skin tone. I'm tired of living in lighter/mixed women's shadow

Old 12-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I would like for you to stop defending black men, stop being two faced by denying colorism with the elaborate lies about how you know so many dark women in great relationships with black men--you are doing a huge disservice. How can you just outright lie when you can log onto any blog or youtube and see black men literally trashing black women who look like me. I'm really tired of posters like you who keep trying to invalidate me and my experiences like this.
I'm not lying. I've referred you in the past to one of our members who gets flirted with all the time, even though she's darker than you. I've seen dark women paired up with guys. And btw, I never said a word about black men. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Why are you torturing yourself by seeking out youtube vids and blogs that trash women who look like you? That's a sure ticket to the shrink's office. Very unhealthy behavior. Seek out the positive instead of brainwashing yourself with the negative. If the KKK sat you down and forced you to watch those same youtube vids several hours a day, you'd be screaming about abuse, racism and human rights violations. Why are you doing that to yourself? How is that helping you in life?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:15 PM

42,717 posts, read 45,470,089 times
Darth Vader - The power of the dark side - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty