U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:16 PM

706 posts, read 976,328 times

Advertisements

LOL...this chick is wacko!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:17 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,131,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
More BS and lies. Stoop trying to call me fat when I'm not. Secondly, you're also invalidating colorism men DO care about skin tone, they do care about the type of woman they are going to be seen with in public. Lastly, if you love dark women so much, why aren't you with one? So tired of these "dark women are so hot, I'd be with one only for....XYZ". if you really wanted a dark woman you'd be with her PERIOD but you're not.
My kids are half Hispanic, and I've dated multiple black women over the years. My D sees no color...........LOL

Old 12-17-2013, 08:18 PM

101 posts, read 88,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm not lying. I've referred you in the past to one of our members who gets flirted with all the time, even though she's darker than you. I've seen dark women paired up with guys. And btw, I never said a word about black men. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Why are you torturing yourself by seeking out youtube vids and blogs that trash women who look like you? That's a sure ticket to the shrink's office. Very unhealthy behavior. Seek out the positive instead of brainwashing yourself with the negative. If the KKK sat you down and forced you to watch those same youtube vids several hours a day, you'd be screaming about abuse, racism and human rights violations. Why are you doing that to yourself? How is that helping you in life?

Because I visit blogs geared towards African American women, and sometimes they write articles about those videos i.e. Tommy Sotomayor. Even if I didn't watch them, black men in real life, often make similar self hating and colorist comments. So, there is no way for me to avoid this type of abuse from black men even if I tried. I'd have to move far away from them to avoid not hearing it.Just seeing the type of women that a lot of black men date is abuse, often they are lighter in complexion, which angers or depresses me. It's a constant reminder that I am not light or attractive enough. and let's not forget the magazines I see of lightskinned women featured on major magazines geared towards black and white men.
Quote:
I'm not lying. I've referred you in the past to one of our members who gets flirted with all the time, even though she's darker than you. I've seen dark women paired up with guys. And btw, I never said a word about black men. Stop putting words in my mouth.
but dark women (I am also very dark) are not on many covers of magazines, none of the men on CD praise their beauty, etc. just seeing a few dark women in relationships is not enough...our beauty is not worshipped or glorified like white and biracial women

Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 PM

42,717 posts, read 45,453,463 times
I feel a Michael Jackson song coming on....

Yeah you know it.......

:-D

Old 12-17-2013, 08:26 PM

81,164 posts, read 74,335,397 times
OK. But how many white women live up to that glorified version of beauty? LOTS of women don't make the grade, and a significant percentage of them struggle to date, or don't date at all. They don't get depressed about it, though. They just get on with life. The media is FULL of BS, it's everywhere. At some point you have to blow it off, pick yourself up and be the best you that you can be. The alternative is to let it drive you literally crazy, or into depression.

One more time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaptAndOvercome;
Lord... I am a 5'4" male. Many women don't like it. I accept it and drive the $%$$ on. Some people get the short end of the stick in life . It's how you respond that matters. Don't worry about finding a date, and just be the best man you can be. The rest will fall into place.

I am a short man. However, I managed to be Army Special Operation. I managed to be an amazing engineer. I managed to be an amazing husband. My height does not define me in any way. I rise above the bs that people assign to me, and I become great.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:30 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,808,466 times
Men don't like the OP because she is so gloomy and full of self-hatred, not because of her skin color.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:30 PM

7,281 posts, read 9,153,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
No, I don't want to settle for less than. I want my skin tone to be universally attractive like Beyoncé or Rihanna's skin tone. I'm tired of living in lighter/mixed women's shadow
Have you considered a sander? Home Depot had one on sale last week and a real good one at that. Not some puny little 5" model but one with a 6" diameter random orbital job. The sandpaper was on sale too but I am sure the prices are still pretty low.

Here is how it works. You start out with 60 grit. Just plug the sander in and push it onto your face. Don't push too hard, let the sander do the work. Just a few minutes ought to really lighten things up although you're going to notice a reddish hue for a few weeks, it will eventually go away. After that, go with an 80 grit followed by the usual break to reduce the reddish glow and then use 100, 120 and so on until you get to 2500. It will take a while but it's really only a few seconds every few weeks.

At some point you'll get to the point where you want that polished buff look. No worries because they sell steel wool too but get the real fine stuff, 00000 it is called. That you use by hand, sort of like rubbing soap on your face. As with the sander, technique rules. You'll get the hang of it fast enough. One word of caution though, if you have a hairy face, the steel wool will catch so that is where the electric razor comes in handy. Use the razor first, then follow with the steel wool for that freshly buffed light skin look.

Now here is the real neat thing about all this. You can pick your favorite black man and get him into this as well. No more shaving bumps for him because his face will be as smooth as the behind of an elephant and just as sensitive. When he tells all his friends, they'll be beating down your door to try this out. Be careful though because sharing sanding pads is a no-no.

Good luck and if you try this, report back to share with everyone. Post a picture if you can.

As with all information on forums, consider the source, intent and always know that your mileage may vary.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:33 PM

706 posts, read 976,328 times
Lmao^^

Old 12-17-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Men don't like the OP because she is so gloomy and full of self-hatred, not because of her skin color.
men don't care what's going on internally if you don't have the right package. they don't even look my way

Old 12-17-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK. But how many white women live up to that glorified version of beauty? LOTS of women don't make the grade, and a significant percentage of them struggle to date, or don't date at all. They don't get depressed about it, though. They just get on with life. The media is FULL of BS, it's everywhere. At some point you have to blow it off, pick yourself up and be the best you that you can be. The alternative is to let it drive you literally crazy, or into depression.

One more time:
but those same white women can still snag the type of black men that will not even look twice at me. Look at Khloe Kardashian. She is not great looking but she can get a date with mat kemp because she's white. yet I couldn't get a guy like that to look twice at me because I'm darkskinned and not mixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty