Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 04:40 PM

101 posts, read 102,222 times

Advertisements

As long as the media pushes images of women who are lightskinned, white or mixed down my throat. I will never ever be happy. I'll always feel unhappy and incomplete. I always dream of a day that I can wake up and see nothing but positive images of women who are darkskinned and fully black like me. Or hear men say they prefer a darkskinned blk woman. I'd be so happy and wouldn't have all this anger inside. But that will never happen

Old 12-17-2013, 05:19 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Yes.
We know.
You post the same thing every week.

Seek therapy... please!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:31 PM

47 posts, read 70,480 times
I'm afraid you're very unlikely to ever be happy, then.

Light skin is generally considered to be an attractive trait for a lot of reasons. For one thing, it implied that you were wealthy enough that you didn't have to work outdoors. White is associated with goodness/purity/innocence in many cultures. And of course, the historical dominance of light-skinned European peoples.

Those things are not going to change because you're unhappy. You have a much better chance of making yourself light-skinned through some kind of treatment than you do of changing social ideas of beauty. You can change yourself to fit society's ideals, but you can't change society's ideals to fit yourself.

We can provide equal opportunity for people of color in many ways. Employment, education, and equality under the law. We can stop racism when it comes to those things. But there's really nothing we can do about the fact that white people are considered better looking. Beauty contests are the one place I don't think we're ever going to see racial equality. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. You need to find a way to accept or deal with that. Not everyone can be considered beautiful.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:37 PM

I won't accept it. I'll just die unhappy.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:40 PM

It's hard for me to be happy when I have a skin tone that is just not considered attractive by the majority. I can't accept this.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 PM

47 posts, read 70,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
I won't accept it. I'll just die unhappy.
I understand. You have a right to do so. It is your life.

I mean, I personally wouldn't want to spend my whole life focusing on things that made me unhappy, but that's just me. If you feel like you have to, though, then you have to. We all have different needs and priorities.

I still say that if you need to fit the ideal that badly, you need to change your skin color. It's the only solution I can come up with.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:48 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,477 times
Chile please....*eyeroll*

This is 2013 (almost 2014)...please get over your persecution complex. I assure you that the problem is in your own head. Ever consider that it has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with attitude and confidence? Nobody likes a sad sack who always walks around lamenting about how the whole world thinks he/she is not attractive.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:48 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Your appearance is not at fault. It is actually people who believe the American/racist myth perpertrated by our like-minded media, that lighter is more attractive and tell you to seek therapy who have the bigger problem. Our elitist culture in this country is not the standard of the universe, no matter how much that claim is made. Learn to love yourself first, as no better nor worse than anyone other human alive.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1988 View Post
I understand. You have a right to do so. It is your life.

I mean, I personally wouldn't want to spend my whole life focusing on things that man de me unhappy, but that's just me. If you feel like you have to, though, then you have to. We all have different needs and priorities.
It's hard for me not to focus on it. The moment I log into yahoo, I see photos of white women that most men find attractive, and then when I leave out the door, most men are paired with white or light skinned women. I'm told this is because there are more fair women than dark--but that is just a fabricated lie. There are lots of brown and dark women like me, but usually we are alone and taken for granted. Not to mention, a lot of the men who are with fair women, are very dark themselves, which means they have to have a dark mother, aunt or sister. I don't have any motivation to do anything, I don't even care about accomplishing my goals anymore. Why should I if I have a skin tone that most men and women find unattractive? or features that are too ethnic? Even if I were to become successful it wont make men desire darker skin or less racially mixed women like me. My beauty status wont change. I feel useless

Old 12-17-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Chile please....*eyeroll*

This is 2013 (almost 2014)...please get over your persecution complex. I assure you that the problem is in your own head. Ever consider that it has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with attitude and confidence? Nobody likes a sad sack who always walks around lamenting about how the whole world thinks he/she is not attractive.
Men are visual creatures. And they couldn't care less about attitude and confidence if its not wrapped in the right package.
Otherwise you'd see more of them with dark, unmixed black women like me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty