Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times

Advertisements

If you are determined to continue to embrace self pity, you really can't be surprised that nobody is going to be drawn to that garbage. Just the way it is.

That's all I'm gonna contribute to this trainwreck, since this thread is on a countdown to lockdown, anyway, given that it's a duplicate of yesterday's locked thread, and any number of ones under your past usernames.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:24 PM

101 posts, read 102,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If you are determined to continue to embrace self pity, you really can't be surprised that nobody is going to be drawn to that garbage. Just the way it is.
well, I already said that I will be unhappy as long as the standard of beauty remains the way it is. this world was not meant for me to be happy anyways.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:28 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Fine. Case closed.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:34 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,552 times
lol I tried not to post again, buuuut, it is clear this user name only has a few posts, so anyone who continues on like the OP obviously had prior user names. I guess you are going to keep trying until someone sides with you.

Also, no wonder you feel like @#$%, everyone you have mentioned is a celeb, why dont you stop watching videos, basketball wives, and real houswives of "fill in the blank", and stop reading us weekly. There have been numerous black women on here, who are dark skinned, with great relationships, but I see you dont believe in evidence, so please spare us and go wallow in your misery elsewhere, no one here to console you. You have self loathing and its sad. You already stated in another thread you live by the weave, that in and of itself says a lot. There is nothing wrong with changing it up, but to think you have to have long straight hair is ridiculous. I have so many dark skinned friends in long term marriages that I lost count. You are stuck on stupid.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Hahaha.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:47 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
well, I already said that I will be unhappy as long as the standard of beauty remains the way it is. this world was not meant for me to be happy anyways.
Somebody call the waaaaambulance already! Jeez!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You know, posting this brand of crazy in fashion & beauty instead of in relationships doesn't make it any less likely to get locked down.
This is an old and I'm guessing previously banned poster who sings the same song over and over and no matter what anyone says it gets worse.

I know she is full of poo, my brother was with a woman who is very dark skinned and he is as white as one can be and they have a beautiful child. They haven't been together for years however, that was her choice not his.

It is time for popcorn.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:22 PM

47 posts, read 70,469 times
Quote:
It's hard for me not to focus on it. The moment I log into yahoo, I see photos of white women that most men find attractive, and then when I leave out the door, most men are paired with white or light skinned women. I'm told this is because there are more fair women than dark--but that is just a fabricated lie. There are lots of brown and dark women like me, but usually we are alone and taken for granted. Not to mention, a lot of the men who are with fair women, are very dark themselves, which means they have to have a dark mother, aunt or sister. I don't have any motivation to do anything, I don't even care about accomplishing my goals anymore. Why should I if I have a skin tone that most men and women find unattractive? or features that are too ethnic? Even if I were to become successful it wont make men desire darker skin or less racially mixed women like me. My beauty status wont change. I feel useless
I have to admit, in the dating department, few race/gender combinations get dealt a worse hand than black women. I hear all the time about black women getting abused or abandoned with 5 kids or something.

It's definitely unfair, and I'm sure it's painful. You shouldn't have to put up with any of this, but I can't see a way out either. When I think about your situation, I feel sad because there seem to be so few good options. It's hard to maintain a sense of pride or dignity when you have to deal with the treatment or stereotypes involved with being what you are.

I'm not going to blow smoke here. It's possible that you'll never find a man who wants to treat you right. But you still have a life to live, even if that life doesn't involve dating. I think it might be worthwhile for you to look into meditation or something. Develop a sense of inner purpose, something you can feel proud of that doesn't require an external achievement, so you can be at peace with yourself.

A key component of this is to learn to detach yourself from things. Observe things, then let the thoughts pass without judgment. People can be shallow and visually-oriented, obsessed with things like skin color. Maybe we'll never evolve beyond that, I don't know. But you can find comfort in the knowledge that we're all one, and that separation/ego are illusions. The happiness of others is your happiness. Your suffering is the suffering of others. It's just hard to become aware of it.

You may be able to achieve inner peace, even if you can't satisfy all your desires and material needs. It takes a lot of discipline and it's hard work, but people of all races have found peace through meditation and reflection, in conditions of poverty and chastity. A lot of people never find material happiness, or even have a shot at it, but there are other kinds of happiness.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:38 PM

101 posts, read 102,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This is an old and I'm guessing previously banned poster who sings the same song over and over and no matter what anyone says it gets worse.

I know she is full of poo, my brother was with a woman who is very dark skinned and he is as white as one can be and they have a beautiful child. They haven't been together for years however, that was her choice not his.

It is time for popcorn.
so because your white brother was with a very darkskinned black woman, that means the standard of beauty has changed, and that you'll see dark women praised as the standard of beauty in society? will we see women like her on the cover of every magazine? or see black men like kanye west and jay z dating women like her?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:01 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,150 times
Quote:
I won't accept it. I'll just die unhappy.
You probably will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty