U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-24-2013, 08:36 AM
 
2,825 posts, read 4,108,663 times
Reputation: 3101

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
See how he feels about that at he gets older. That old man in the mirror may not be as attractive as he once was.
It is one thing to go nude around the house, or even outside ( assumed privacy!). It is another to just sleep in the nude. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-24-2013, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Phoenix Arizona
721 posts, read 1,591,343 times
Reputation: 1639
In the summer months I sleep nude. Winter I sleep in boxers and no shirt most of the time because my bedding materials are quite warm plus my fiance puts out a lot of body heat so I'm kept pretty warm and toasty even when it's cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 11,535,663 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
In the summer months I sleep nude. Winter I sleep in boxers and no shirt most of the time because my bedding materials are quite warm plus my fiance puts out a lot of body heat so I'm kept pretty warm and toasty even when it's cold.
Wait, Don't women usually feel colder than men (unless of course, the guy immigrated from the tropics). I always hear women hugging men for body heat, not the other way around. I guess you are one of the rare cases. In my family, its men who usually generate more body heat and women usually feel much colder. In the summer, My dad usually wears a T shirt & shorts to bed. Yet, my mom always wears long sleeves and sweatpants. I usually feel the warmest among all in summer and usually wear a sleeveless Tee with shorts, yet wish to go shirtless in summer.

In winter, all of us are in long sleeves and sweatpants. Overall, we are a shivering family this time of the year .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Long Neck,De
4,792 posts, read 6,949,863 times
Reputation: 4771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
It is one thing to go nude around the house, or even outside ( assumed privacy!). It is another to just sleep in the nude. :-)
Totally agree. But take it from an old man who remembers when he had a 28 inch waist. Get old..Put on a "few"pounds and have to look as you get out of the shower.Not something you want to see or have others see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
12,856 posts, read 7,890,996 times
Reputation: 16719
When I was in college, and living in dorms, frat houses, etc, the people who slept in underwear, etc, outnumbered the people who wore pajamas. After a few weeks, it just seemed comfortable to wear no more to bed than you would wear to go swimming -- briefs (jockey shorts) at first, then the loose-fitting (and considerably briefer, in those days)"gym shorts" -- but, of course, without the supporter. In cold weather, we stayed clothing-minimal; just added another blanket.

My torso is asymmetrical due to scoliosis. with a huge scar on my back, but it's never seemed to bother anybody I cared about, and the feeling is usually reciprocal. I'm carrying a bit more weight now, but not that much.

These were the years when the sexual revolution was in full bloom, and as time wore on, more people found female companionship; that led to a lot of hopping between rooms, and occasionally, just waiting till your roomies' "intimacies" were dispensed with before you bedded down.

Our frat house was relatively new, but there was little money for furniture; we solved this by getting a load of 4x6's and miscellaneous lumber and plywood, and constructing a few spacious double bunk beds. One cold morning, my roommate at the time and his main squeeze had settled in "below"; I had the top bunk, and our phone was mounted on it.

About 4 AM, the phone rang - a delivery driver at the plant where I worked part-time calling in with a minor problem; unfortunately, that woke up the two people below, and somebody got a bit upset about something. We got things smoothed out easily enough, but the same driver remarked to me a few days later that I must have had a pretty interesting home life.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-24-2013 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 AM
 
4,899 posts, read 12,217,015 times
Reputation: 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
This is what Always happens to me from May-September at night :

I start off wearing a T shirt and shorts. Halfway through my sleep, I unknowingly take my shirt off because of sweat and and find myself laying down without a Shirt on the next day morning. Thankfully, I am alone in my bedroom and nobody sees me without my shirt on (. If my parents saw me that way I would have been reprimanded heavily even though I am only doing so for comfort and not other reasons).

So guys, I would like to know. How often do you sleep shirtless. Is it a year round thing, seasonal, or very occasional occurrence. It happens to me usually in the summer.
Shirtless?? There is no way I would ever wear a shirt to bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 11,535,663 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
When I was in college, and living in dorms, frat houses, etc, the people who slept in underwear, etc, outnumbered the people who wore pajamas. After a few weeks, it just seemed comfortable to wear no more to bed than you would wear to go swimming -- briefs (jockey shorts) at first, then the loose-fitting (and considerably briefer, in those days)"gym shorts" -- but, of course, without the supporter. In cold weather, we stayed clothing-minimal; just added another blanket.

My torso is asymmetrical due to scoliosis. with a huge scar on my back, but it's never seemed to bother anybody I cared about, and the feeling is usually reciprocal. I'm carrying a bit more weight now, but not that much.

These were the years when the sexual revolution was in full bloom, and as time wore on, more people found female companionship; that led to a lot of hopping between rooms, and occasionally, just waiting till your roomies' "intimacies" were dispensed with before you bedded down.

Our frat house was relatively new, but there was little money for furniture; we solved this by getting a load of 4x6's and miscellaneous lumber and plywood, and constructing a few spacious double bunk beds. One cold morning, my roommate at the time and his main squeeze had settled in "below"; I had the top bunk, and our phone was mounted on it.

About 4 AM, the phone rang - a delivery driver at the plant where I worked part-time calling in with a minor problem; unfortunately, that woke up the two people below, and somebody got a bit upset about something. We got things smoothed out easily enough, but the same driver remarked to me a few days later that I must have had a pretty interesting home life.
Funny story. Could not stop laughing .

In my college, the current rule states that you are supposed to go out of the room when your roommate is having sex. What a pity. Often, students are told to sleep out in the lounge while your roommate gets to have all the fun .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 12:48 PM
 
9,059 posts, read 16,752,025 times
Reputation: 6864
On the heat issue - my wife cooks like a furnace once she's asleep ... although she's a little colder in her extremities at first - i'm fairly warm regardless, but do not radiate like she does

On the body image - are you kidding me? ......... seriously, it's sad to read so many insecure posts - especially for people in their own home or their own skin ....... yeah, as you age things are going to shift and jump - it's nature, deal with it ....... why would you sleep in a less comfortable way just because you don't look like you did in your 20s? - insanity

As for the college roomate issue - there is no chance in the world I'd be sleeping in a lobby or anyplace other than my room - if you don't like it then you move ..... i'm paying good money for a room & bed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 12:54 PM
 
237 posts, read 157,035 times
Reputation: 95
I sleep with only underwear on as do most men I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 11,535,663 times
Reputation: 6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
As for the college roomate issue - there is no chance in the world I'd be sleeping in a lobby or anyplace other than my room - if you don't like it then you move ..... i'm paying good money for a room & bed
Exactly right. Why should I move out of my room so that my roommate can enjoy a comfy night of sex. Just go to a hotel for a night or move over to her room if its a single apartment type housing. I ain't sacrificing my sleep for you.

If you refuse to do so, however, people here end up complaining to the RA and things can start getting ugly between you and the roommate. To avoid conflict, it is assumed as general courtesy to move over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top