U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 12:05 PM

16,833 posts, read 14,582,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I would much prefer Reese Witherspoon or another natural blonde over the model you show here. The model(s) you list here are pretty, but don't turn me on. Blondes do, bottom line and that is what I dated after my first blonde experience, I couldn't go back.
And if Reece Witherspoon had light brown hair would she suddenly become less attractive?

Everyone has a physical type they may prefer but people who are not shallow admit that is a preference not their deciding factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 02:44 PM

6,653 posts, read 7,038,922 times
I am 100% Irish and a natural born blonde...my hair stayed very blonde for over 40 yrs...the past 10 years I have been adding hi-lights because it was starting to look dull...but I have noticed that if you are over 18 and your hair is real blonde...90% of the time it's out of a bottle...including my DD who adds hi-lights too!

Old 12-22-2013, 02:53 PM

20 posts, read 46,301 times
I do agree that without a doubt when it comes to looks, blondes are the best. Too bad if you look like a male from a minority group you really need something amazing (six figure salary or lots of status) to get with one though

Maybe in the future they offer race change surgery so I can make myself look like a pale White guy, that way I won't have problems attracting a beautiful blonde.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:38 PM

9,212 posts, read 8,535,455 times
The number of natural blondes, is dependent on the nationalities that settled the area where you are at the present time. Areas with lots of Scandinavians, etc., will have more blondes. As the areas of the county change which race is predominate, the more or less natural blonds you will find. Example. Just a few years ago, in California over 80% of the population was from northern Europe, Scandinavian countries, etc. Today the white race is less than the Hispanic population which is now the predominate race in California, and a high percentage is Asian. White race is now just over 1/3rd or nearly 50% drop in population, which leaves a lot less natural blondes. But if you look around California you still find a lot of blondes which is because Hydrogen Peroxide is cheap.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:40 PM

2,906 posts, read 2,401,043 times
Blondes have more fun! in case that wasn't mentioned.

For the youngsters, that slogan was for a hair bleach.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Mel Brook View Post
I do agree that without a doubt when it comes to looks, blondes are the best. Too bad if you look like a male from a minority group you really need something amazing (six figure salary or lots of status) to get with one though

Maybe in the future they offer race change surgery so I can make myself look like a pale White guy, that way I won't have problems attracting a beautiful blonde.
I am a blonde with blue eyes married to a man who is half hawaiian. He does not make six figures or have "lots of status". He is just an amazing guy who is not remotely shallow.

I guarantee you he would not put "blonde" as his favorite trait about me by a long shot.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:47 PM

22,259 posts, read 15,015,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I found blondes more sexually confident. I think it's because they know they are highly desired and that helps them relax and become fully confident of themselves. That's speculation on my part, though. All I know is I want to be the one "having fun" with them.

The "blondes are dumb" is a ruse that blondes use to get guys, guys feel less threatened by less intelligent women, so blondes made the whole thing up so guys would be more confident asking them out. Many of the blondes I met were high powered executives and all highly successful in their field. But all had one thing in common, and that was to use their blonde hair to their advantage.

I like blondes with light eyebrows, that means they are true blondes.
Nothing is more common to our eyes than seeing a bleached blonde with black or otherwise dark eyebrows. It just gives the game away easily as dark roots showing around their hairline. Madonna was famous for this until she became wealthy enough to afford the high maintenance costs of being a bottle blonde.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:13 PM

14,545 posts, read 18,057,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I am 100% Irish and a natural born blonde...my hair stayed very blonde for over 40 yrs...the past 10 years I have been adding hi-lights because it was starting to look dull...but I have noticed that if you are over 18 and your hair is real blonde...90% of the time it's out of a bottle...including my DD who adds hi-lights too!
Mine had turned true dishwater color by my late teens. I used all sorts of things, lemon juice then the stuff you sprayed on your hair and sat in the sun before trying 'real' bleaching. When I did my hair came out strawberry blonde. The only problem was each time it was done the shade was different.

When I was working in an office I went to a pro. Once I tried platnum. Everyone thought I'd restyled it but all I did was bleach it to death.

I wonder how many natural blondes with light eyebrows and fine hair end up doing a darker color since its far less damaging than the bleacing if you don't want to keep it cut short. My baby fine hair has always been a problem with chemicals (after a perm it started breaking off really bad) and I found that darker hair all shows and looks like its thicker even if it isn't.

I do wish I'd tried henna many years ago since it makes my hair thicker and stronger and makes a real red tone.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:25 PM

14,545 posts, read 18,057,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The number of natural blondes, is dependent on the nationalities that settled the area where you are at the present time. Areas with lots of Scandinavians, etc., will have more blondes. As the areas of the county change which race is predominate, the more or less natural blonds you will find. Example. Just a few years ago, in California over 80% of the population was from northern Europe, Scandinavian countries, etc. Today the white race is less than the Hispanic population which is now the predominate race in California, and a high percentage is Asian. White race is now just over 1/3rd or nearly 50% drop in population, which leaves a lot less natural blondes. But if you look around California you still find a lot of blondes which is because Hydrogen Peroxide is cheap.
There is also a lot of difference in how blonde hair behaves between one area of origion and another. Some blondes start out very blonde but by the time they are adults it looks 'dirty' without brightening. Often this will bring out a lot of red, especially if you have redheads in your last few generations. Those blondes who are 'pure blonde' have it a lot easier to maintain the color. If your hair is fine and easily damagable, you should assume your hair stays short if you insist on blonde.

Personally, someone that hair color had such a huge importance would be a clue that they aren't for me.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Nothing is more common to our eyes than seeing a bleached blonde with black or otherwise dark eyebrows. It just gives the game away easily as dark roots showing around their hairline. Madonna was famous for this until she became wealthy enough to afford the high maintenance costs of being a bottle blonde.
My best friend in elementary school was flaxen blonde with much darker eyebrow. Maybe dark brown even. She did not bleach her hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or