Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 03:12 AM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Mel Brook View Post
Where I live I would say a good 60 percent of the girls have light blonde hair, this is in the USA.

If it is so rare then why do I see it everywhere?
Does she or doesn't she? Only her hairdresser knows for sure!

United States has a wealth of women and lately men who use hair color in the 6 to 10 range, along with highlights of the same on brown hair, and bleach & tone (double process). The number or natural blondes in here probably is not that much greater than the average norm.

If you went by the females in parts of Manhattan, Connecticut and Long Island you'd swear the entire white/European or anyone with skin tone close enough to it was naturally blonde, which is of course not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 03:40 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Quote:
You hit the nail right on the head. Guys will say they prefer brunettes but given the opportunity to choose between an Anne Hathaway or a Jenna Jameson for a one night stand, most guys will go for the Blonde. Relationships might be different but I guess the realize blondes develop such a heavy sense of entitlement because most men want them.

We will say we want brunettes but when it comes down to a one night stand we all want a blonde.
Wow, way to make sweeping generalizations! My DH prefers women that are 'exotic' (that is why we are together!) like Haifa Wehbe

and Aishwarya Rai

Not everyone has the same in taste in what they consider to be beautiful. My DH finds blondes to be bland, boring and anemic looking.

Oh, and btw- my DH used to be blonde (now he is bald!) with blue eyes and he is from Alabama. I am from Hawaii and when I was younger I resembled these women; I prefer men who look like my DH.

Differences are what makes the world so interesting; it would be so boring and bland if we all were the same!

Old 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Blonde hair is not so common in some areas of the US, I used to live in New York, and often went on excursions to Massachusetts, Rhode Island, the places I went to were jam packed with brunettes, no blonde hair, all ethnic Italian, Jewish...I was the only blonde in the bar! And usually had lines of drinks, men wanting to talk to me, because I was different from the norm there.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:11 AM

324 posts, read 655,133 times
Brunettes are jealous of blondes. plain and simple.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,102,538 times
Quote:
Is there a reason for girls bleaching their hair bottle blonde?

And I hate to generalize but among some of these girls I notice a behavior change too. They seem to be more entitled for some reason.

And here I thought I was the only one who noticed such behavior. Did you notice a lowering of IQ also? Or maybe they were that way before they hit the Lady Clairol.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:54 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
Quote:
Where I live I would say a good 60 percent of the girls have light blonde hair, this is in the USA.

If it is so rare then why do I see it everywhere?
Hair coloring!!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:59 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,153 times
90% of the "blondes" you see are not natural. There are many reasons why women choose this. One of them is the youthful appearance and makes your skin tone look better.. That is more the case of a natural blonde though.
My wife and her sister are natural and when the visited Italy they literally had men proposing to them.
One of the things i cant stand are bleached blondes (that were brunette) with fake boobs! I cant see why women do this.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:43 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Quote:
Why would you want to be a redhead over a blonde?

Blondes are more preferred and treated better by society than redheads are.
It's very hard to get the chemistry right for red hair coloring. Most bottle redheads are obviously artificial. However, natural red hair can be a show stopper. I know a woman (Portugese, strangely enough) with natural curly red hair that is fabulous. This photo was a Halloween party. In real life, she is an architect.

If blonde hair is a recessive trait that is supposed to be rare, why do I see it everywhere in the US?-meaghan4.jpg

Old 12-21-2013, 01:06 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,314,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
Like others said, many are fake blondes (or almost blondes who enhance it.)

But blonde hair isn't rare amongst some populations, many of whom settled in the Midwest and still dominate there. And dominant/recessive isn't as simple as we were all taught with Punnet squares.
was thinking the same thing. Lots of natural blondes in my country too, the southern appalachians. Just depends upon where you go.

Both my sisters were blonde, one platinum who maintained her color no darker than an ash blonde, the other a golden blonde who turned dark in her 20s. Blonde just darkens with time for the most part.

I had copper blonde hair, that stayed that way though most of my life. At my age though I have lost all color and my hair is just fair. So my hairdresser is reluctantly highlighting with silver to ease me into the inevitable.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:31 PM

20 posts, read 62,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
90% of the "blondes" you see are not natural. There are many reasons why women choose this. One of them is the youthful appearance and makes your skin tone look better.. That is more the case of a natural blonde though.
My wife and her sister are natural and when the visited Italy they literally had men proposing to them.
One of the things i cant stand are bleached blondes (that were brunette) with fake boobs! I cant see why women do this.
Hence the large ego.

As I said I have met decent blondes but it seems like girls who dye their hair blonde are just looking for a lot of validation and an ego boost. Those kinds of girls fall into the underlined category and in most USA college towns we have plenty of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty