Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 07:32 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,885,004 times

Advertisements

Yes, the look to have for women is blonde hair and blue eyes and for men tall dark and handsome. My wife is a natural blonde and I'm tall dark and handsome, so we definitely fit the mold.

However, many brunettes feel "left out" so they dye their hair blonde. But I always look at the roots, I want a natural blonde not a fake one.

I used to date brunettes but "once you go blonde you cannot go back". The fact is that I've always been turned on by blondes and only later in life when I was more confident was I able to get the blondes that were unattainable years before.

Fact is most American men, whether they claim it or not, want a blonde by their side (or a redhead).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 07:46 PM

20 posts, read 62,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post

I used to date brunettes but "once you go blonde you cannot go back". The fact is that I've always been turned on by blondes and only later in life when I was more confident was I able to get the blondes that were unattainable years before.

So true. What makes it worse for me is that even though I am Caucasian, during the summer months I turn really brown (might be due to some other things in my ancestry) and that makes me look more Middle Eastern (prominent nose and black hair, eyes are brown too) which automatically takes me out of the running for most of the attractive blondes.

You hit the nail right on the head. Guys will say they prefer brunettes but given the opportunity to choose between an Anne Hathaway or a Jenna Jameson for a one night stand, most guys will go for the Blonde. Relationships might be different but I guess the realize blondes develop such a heavy sense of entitlement because most men want them.

Kind of like how women will say they want a Nice caring guy, and for relationships that might even be true, but for a one night stand they want the bad boy who just doesn't care. Same with men. We will say we want brunettes but when it comes down to a one night stand we all want a blonde.

But most Blondes and women who dye their hair that color know this.

Some just act normal and don't care at all while others abuse this privilege and from what I have seen from my very own eyes, use it to get ahead or manipulate men and society.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:02 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,252,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
They may have dyed bottle blonde hair, but a glance at the roots and/or eyebrows will tell you the real story.
LOL

I'm a natural blonde, and so was mom. She always drew in the brows. I usually don't bother but discovered henna works on them too, thought you have to repeat it. I'd LOVE to have eyebrows you can see....

Some of my grandparents and their parents had red hair and I really wish I'd had that over blonde.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
LOL

I'm a natural blonde, and so was mom. She always drew in the brows. I usually don't bother but discovered henna works on them too, thought you have to repeat it. I'd LOVE to have eyebrows you can see....

Some of my grandparents and their parents had red hair and I really wish I'd had that over blonde.
Why would you want to be a redhead over a blonde?

Blondes are more preferred and treated better by society than redheads are.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,408,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Most of them are fake blondes. I hardly know anyone with "light brown" or "ash" hair anymore; they all seem to go blonde.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
How many new names and threads are you going to post about your obsession with blonde southern women?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
How many new names and threads are you going to post about your obsession with blonde southern women?
was that directed towards me? this thread isn't even about blonde southern women or women in general

it is about blonde hair and why it is so common

Old 12-20-2013, 11:59 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,252,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Mel Brook View Post
Why would you want to be a redhead over a blonde?

Blondes are more preferred and treated better by society than redheads are.
But red is beautiful. 'Preferred' is of no importance. I do my hair for me not someone else.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:23 AM

373 posts, read 589,433 times
"Pure blonde" is a recessive trait but the gene frequency is high in Europeans [hence, a higher chance of homozygosity]. In addition, hair color is, in the end (phenotypically) determined by multiple genes such that, sometimes, blonde-ish colors can appear in a brunette-brunette mating even if the individual is only heterozygous for the blonde gene. In a sense, some dark hair genes are incomplete dominants.

And, peroxide is still 99 cents at the dollar store.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
If there's any truth to the 'dumb blonde' stereotype it applies more to bottle rather than natural blondes.
I don't know about that -- look at the brunette and black celebrities who know the blonder they get, the more money they'll bring in --- Madonna, Shakira, Beyonce, Rihanna are just some examples of bottle blondes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty