Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 01:12 PM

20 posts, read 62,352 times

Advertisements

Where I live I would say a good 60 percent of the girls have light blonde hair, this is in the USA.

If it is so rare then why do I see it everywhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 01:18 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,894,483 times
Most of them are fake blondes. I hardly know anyone with "light brown" or "ash" hair anymore; they all seem to go blonde.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Mel Brook View Post
Where I live I would say a good 60 percent of the girls have light blonde hair, this is in the USA.

If it is so rare then why do I see it everywhere?
Because America has an unlimited supply of hydrogen peroxide.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:37 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,279 times
Bottle blondes. Most blondes you see all over the world are bottle blondes in fact. It is just as common for girls to bleach their hair in Europe as they do in America.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 PM

Is there a reason for girls bleaching their hair bottle blonde?

And I hate to generalize but among some of these girls I notice a behavior change too. They seem to be more entitled for some reason.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:59 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Blond hair as one ages can turn this awful color which looks like you need to wash it. It isn't brown or red or blond, just blah. I bleached it back to blond for a long time, but often its also fine and you end up destroying the hair. I've taken to red instead. And henna. Red is another color you see far more of than is natural. I can half claim it since there was a lot of red in my blond and I'm just helping it live.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:01 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Mel Brook View Post
Is there a reason for girls bleaching their hair bottle blonde?

And I hate to generalize but among some of these girls I notice a behavior change too. They seem to be more entitled for some reason.

Blonde hair is a common element of conventional Western beauty. Blondes are still highly sought after by men, hence one reason for the entitled attitude. However, many men become doormats for any pretty woman, regardless of hair color.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
Blonde hair is a common element of conventional Western beauty. Blondes are still highly sought after by men, hence one reason for the entitled attitude. However, many men become doormats for any pretty woman, regardless of hair color.
I have heard more men say they prefer brunettes but I guess men might say they prefer brunettes when they really want blondes.

As for the entitled attitude, I have seen it more among blondes that are somewhat attractive than any other kind of women but I know it is more of an American thing than a worldwide thing. When I visited Europe women didn't act like that at all.

But it isn't just the blonde hair that does it, it is also the expensive clothes and fake tans which kinda gives off the whole "she is looking for a rich guy" or "she is looking for a male model" kind of vibe.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:31 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,658,174 times
Like others said, many are fake blondes (or almost blondes who enhance it.)

But blonde hair isn't rare amongst some populations, many of whom settled in the Midwest and still dominate there. And dominant/recessive isn't as simple as we were all taught with Punnet squares.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:31 PM

447 posts, read 1,044,251 times
They may have dyed bottle blonde hair, but a glance at the roots and/or eyebrows will tell you the real story.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty