Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 08:19 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,784,390 times

Advertisements

Don't you find that sort of peculiar? It shows that it's all relative, and due to convention. Conversely, some women think removing arm hair is weird yet removing leg hair is of course fine since it's 'convention.' If one removes leg and armpit do they really have a right to give grief to those who remove say their hair down their? Leg and armpit hair are naturally too.

I don't get why a lot of women have a problem with men being smooth. I don't shave all over myself (hell I'm lazy I barely shave my face), but I just find it weird how it's totally fine to shave your face and maybe your chest, if you have a lot of chest hair (some women are now grossed out by it) but not hair elsewhere, legs, armpits, genitals. I mean I'm sure if it was the convention for men to shave their legs women would grow accustomed to it and think hairy legs are gross. Just like men back in the 1800s or whatever had no problem with women being natural. Tbh I'm kinda glad I'm not socially pressured to shave like women are. I just think people who make a big hoo ha over women having natural body hair need to grow up. If only we all had the freedom to shave or not shave, and if only people could appreciate that...

Last edited by The Postman; 12-21-2013 at 08:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 08:24 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,152,211 times
Just as a data point, I find men removing any sort of body hair creepy.
I'm fine with male body hair. Like it, actually.
I find men who remove body hair to be unattractive and weird.
As a woman I wish I could let go of my social pressure to shave my legs! I really hate doing that.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Unless you need it for aerodynamic reasons, I really see no reason for a guy to shave his arms and legs. Chest/back....I guess.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Just as a data point, I find men removing any sort of body hair creepy.
I'm fine with male body hair. Like it, actually.
I find men who remove body hair to be unattractive and weird.
As a woman I wish I could let go of my social pressure to shave my legs! I really hate doing that.
What about facial hair? I'm guessing you're fine with that...

Old 12-21-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Unless you need it for aerodynamic reasons, I really see no reason for a guy to shave his arms and legs. Chest/back....I guess.
What about aesthetics? There's no practical reason for women too, either, except aesthetics...leg hair on women is as natural as leg hair on men...

Old 12-21-2013, 08:30 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Don't you find that sort of peculiar? It shows that it's all relative, and due to convention. Conversely, some women think removing arm hair is weird yet removing leg hair is of course fine since it's 'convention.' If one removes leg and armpit do they really have a right to give grief to those who remove say their hair down their? Leg and armpit hair are naturally too.

I don't get why a lot of women have a problem with men being smooth. I don't shave all over myself (hell I'm lazy I barely shave my face), but I just find it weird how it's totally fine to shave your face and maybe your chest, if you have a lot of chest hair (some women are now grossed out by it) but not hair elsewhere, legs, armpits, genitals. I mean I'm sure if it was the convention for men to shave their legs women would grow accustomed to it and think hairy legs are gross. Just like men back in the 1800s or whatever had no problem with women being natural. Tbh I'm kinda glad I'm not socially pressured to shave like women are. I just think people who make a big hoo ha over women having natural body hair need to grow up. If only we all had the freedom to shave or not shave, and if only people could appreciate that...
Personal I don't care for a shaved chest etc on a man, besides it's poky and looks like a pluck chicken...I want a dude, not a guy who smooth spend more time with a razor than I...

Old 12-21-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Personal I don't care for a shaved chest etc on a man, besides it's poky and looks like a pluck chicken...I want a dude, not a guy who smooth spend more time with a razor than I...
What if guys want to be smooth too though? Why is it only reserved for women? Some guys are naturally smoother than others, some have no chest hair anyway or very little body hair...

Old 12-21-2013, 08:35 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
What about aesthetics? There's no practical reason for women too, either, except aesthetics...leg hair on women is as natural as leg hair on men...

I guess. Last thing I want to think about having sex is getting rug burn on my hips though. lol

But so far from the women posters so far, you can see it is more aestheticly pleasing to women when we have hair.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:39 PM

I'm probably not gay enough, but i can't imagine being sexually turned on by this amount of hair. No offense to the dude, I think he's otherwise handsome:

If I ever went gay I'd probably be a smooth twink...I guess maybe I'm showing my own bias, I admit I prefer women smooth, maybe women are used to men being hairier too...but I wouldn't say no to a beautiful women who was natural either.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:43 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Body hair is a sign of sexual maturity and should increase desirability.

The real question is why women have to be smooth (in American society).

When I was a kid, "the times they were (still) a'chaingin'." Some American men were still okay with unshaven legs, but not underarms. Quite a few men didn't mind a bit of a mustache. All men were entranced by pubic hair--check out Playboy centerfolds into at least the late 70s.

When I was heavily into road cycling, I toyed with the idea of shaving my legs. My wife told me it would have a direct effect on our sex life. Our sex life was pretty good, and she wasn't smiling when she said it, so I dropped the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty