Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:42 AM

147 posts, read 178,143 times

Advertisements

Such a weird trend. I always thought guys that shave most everything look sickly, forget the adolescent angle.

As much as I'm sure it improves hygiene it just leaves me cold. I had a boyfriend bring up shaving once, thank goodness he forgot about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 01:51 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment_2014 View Post
Um most women prefer
- Hair
- Blue eyes
- Short hair
Disagree on the short hair! Most women like longer, thick hair. They like hair they can run their hands through. As for eye color, I think the jury's out. Some women like dark eyes. Some like green eyes. Some like blue eyes. There's something for everyone.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:17 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
I started shaving everything and I smell fresher alot longer. I shave everything from the knees up. Guys it really does wonders for your hygiene.
Props to you if you can shave your own buttocks!

Old 02-25-2014, 07:50 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment_2014 View Post
Um most women prefer
- Hair
- Blue eyes
- Short hair

No one said excessive hair but a grown man looking like an adolescent boy is sad.
Um, SOME women don't prefer those things, and it doesn't make them less of a woman.

The earlier pic of Sam Elliot, IMO, IS excessive hair.

And what are those poor men who can't grow body hair supposed to do? Super glue on hair?!

I know that my FIL has hardy any hair on his body, and he's in his 60's! When I say hardly any, I mean like 15 hairs on his chest and about that many on each leg and none on his back or anything. He has women hitting on him quite frequently.... Hubby too for that matter, and while he naturally has more body hair, in certain areas (back and shoulders) I wax it, since I prefer it to not be there, and he's cool with it.

I have no problem with hair, after all it's my job, but certain hair I just don't like.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:03 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
I am a woman, and I DO NOT LIKE shaved anything on a man, except the face. No stubble - I'm a touchy feely kinda person and I don't want to stroke or kiss bristles. Blech.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:04 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I am a woman, and I DO NOT LIKE shaved anything on a man, except the face. No stubble - I'm a touchy feely kinda person and I don't want to stroke or kiss bristles. Blech.
That's how I keep myself groomed. Clean shaven face and untamed chest at all times.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:27 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
That's how I keep myself groomed. Clean shaven face and untamed chest at all times.
I hope you're not expecting me to stroke and kiss you.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:45 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I hope you're not expecting me to stroke and kiss you.
I don't want (or expect) to be kissed by someone I have never seen. Just telling you what I do.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:07 AM

97 posts, read 97,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Um, SOME women don't prefer those things, and it doesn't make them less of a woman.

The earlier pic of Sam Elliot, IMO, IS excessive hair.

And what are those poor men who can't grow body hair supposed to do? Super glue on hair?!

I know that my FIL has hardy any hair on his body, and he's in his 60's! When I say hardly any, I mean like 15 hairs on his chest and about that many on each leg and none on his back or anything. He has women hitting on him quite frequently.... Hubby too for that matter, and while he naturally has more body hair, in certain areas (back and shoulders) I wax it, since I prefer it to not be there, and he's cool with it.

I have no problem with hair, after all it's my job, but certain hair I just don't like.
Guys without the ability to grow body hair get tattoos. When you have chest hair, you don't need to waste money, time and dignity on a tattoo.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 AM

97 posts, read 97,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Disagree on the short hair! Most women like longer, thick hair. They like hair they can run their hands through. As for eye color, I think the jury's out. Some women like dark eyes. Some like green eyes. Some like blue eyes. There's something for everyone.
When I say short, I mean shorter than the female partner. Hair to the shoulders would be considered long on a male
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty