Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you use Bar Soap
Daily 72 64.86%
Frequently 5 4.50%
Occasionally 6 5.41%
Rarely 12 10.81%
Never 16 14.41%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,134 times

Advertisements

I use bar soap every day,especially to clean my face.I love the soap of Dove..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 03:01 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
I ONLY use bar soap.

I avoid chemicals and fake perfumes, so I only use soaps that are hand made from organic and natural ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil. Right now I am trying a new black soap made from charcoal and it is great at removing impurities in the skin.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:55 AM

8 posts, read 9,791 times
I use bar soap when washing my face actually..

hihi.. It doesn't do any harm to me.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:31 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,914 times
I just attended a marine conference where I spoke at length with a representative of 5 Gyres, a non-profit that deals with education about the plastic debris in oceans. The 5 Gyres are 5 areas around the world's oceans where current patterns create massive islands of plastic trash. You may have heard about the one in the Pacific Ocean being the size of Texas; it's not. It's TEN TIMES the size of Texas. There are beaches covered with bits of plastic broken down by sunlight and tumbled into small pieces by wave action; two are on the island of Hawai'i.

Plastics Are Forever » Hawaii Beach 3

Very little plastic is actually recycled, even that thrown into your recycling bins.

The Problem - 5 Gyres - Understanding Plastic Pollution Through Exploration, Education, and Action - 5 Gyres – Understanding Plastic Pollution Through Exploration, Education, and Action

This is why I avoid buying products in plastic bottles whenever possible. Our local food coop sells bulk dish washing liquid and liquid laundry detergent that you can fill your own containers with, thereby using the original plastic containers they came in indefinitely.

Bar soap and refillable products all the way for me.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:40 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
Yep.

Bar soap exclusively for me - mainly because I've never been comfortable with the extra cost and waste associated with the bottled liquid soap, plus I simply don't see any advantage to it.

I use Dove, or more often a goats milk soap sold at my local farmers market by a local couple. Mainly because a single bar lasts FOREVER and they have some insanely lovely scented soap.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:42 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,491 times
I use Neutrogena bar soap. It is easy on the skin, smells nice and cleans well.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:53 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
I just attended a marine conference where I spoke at length with a representative of 5 Gyres, a non-profit that deals with education about the plastic debris in oceans. The 5 Gyres are 5 areas around the world's oceans where current patterns create massive islands of plastic trash. You may have heard about the one in the Pacific Ocean being the size of Texas; it's not. It's TEN TIMES the size of Texas. There are beaches covered with bits of plastic broken down by sunlight and tumbled into small pieces by wave action; two are on the island of Hawai'i.

Plastics Are Forever » Hawaii Beach 3

Very little plastic is actually recycled, even that thrown into your recycling bins.

The Problem - 5 Gyres - Understanding Plastic Pollution Through Exploration, Education, and Action - 5 Gyres – Understanding Plastic Pollution Through Exploration, Education, and Action

This is why I avoid buying products in plastic bottles whenever possible. Our local food coop sells bulk dish washing liquid and liquid laundry detergent that you can fill your own containers with, thereby using the original plastic containers they came in indefinitely.

Bar soap and refillable products all the way for me.
Plastic is not forever, mother nature will not let it be.

Could fungi break down plastic and stop a very modern scourge? | Mail Online

Fungi Discovered In The Amazon Will Eat Your Plastic | Co.Exist | ideas + impact

Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
How effective are bar soaps for a guy with dry skin. Do they clean your chest hair effectively.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:58 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
I prefer Redken acid balanced cleansing bar.
Marine Corps based generally have various brands of male body wash. I never believed to be totally cleansed while utilizing body wash.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Never.

I clean houses. Ive seen up close and personal what bar soap can do to a shower over time.
I used to have a monthly ex client with a family of 7 and one shower who all used bar soap.
Some of them twice a day. Every month it would take an hour or more to get their shower clean.
An the the next time I would have to start from scratch.
I'm curious what type of soap is better for shower clean up, but still good for skin moisturizing.

I used the liquid soaps/pouf combo for a few years & got tired of it. I prefer olive oil or Shea butter bar soaps with a very light scent. I do not like strong perfumy scents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty