Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:33 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times

Advertisements

try to find the design that most clearly says "im an insecure person that thinks a tattoo will make other people think i am interesting."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 03:56 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
try to find the design that most clearly says "im an insecure person that thinks a tattoo will make other people think i am interesting."

Or one that says 'This tattoo is who I am'.

My favorite head scratcher? Teen girls with tramp stamps. They have the propensity to go full comic book mode shortly after and end up with all sorts of junk all over their bodies. I was in my local grocery store checkout and noticed an article concerning female celebrities and tattoos. Those chicks have bits and pieces of everything and nothing all over themselves. Great role models.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:00 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accencao View Post
I know that may seem like a silly question since it's obviously for me to decide, but then I thought just what the hey and get a tattoo soon.

I have a reasonable pain tolerance, but it's more the design i'm worried about not it hurting.

What style would look good?

that's not me, but i'd like something similar to that.
Tattoos, by definition, do not look good. And they get worse with time.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:15 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accencao View Post
I know that may seem like a silly question since it's obviously for me to decide
Yes. You will be the one who has to see this tattoo and have people ask about it for the rest of your life (or until you get it removed) so it should be something that you really want. It should be something that has meaning to you and not just something some strangers on the internet told you looked good.

Do you really want the story or reasoning behind your tattoo to be I asked strangers on an internet forum, and this is what they told me to get?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:32 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
The tattoo you posted is pretty outdated. If you must get a tattoo, get one that means something to you and will never get old.

I have several tattoos and it is not because I wanted to be like anyone else. I do have one that I would rather not have and it is more or less tribal in nature with a more feminine take. When I look at it now, I think of it as pretty outdated, but I still think it is pretty.

You have to take good care of tattoo'd skin. If you are out in the sun with it, it's best to cover it or make sure you use a good sunblock on it.

I have a very large tattoo on my upper left arm and I got it almost two years ago. When the sun hits it, it hurts and feels like I am getting sunburned. It is damaged skin at this point. I keep it covered as best I can when I am out in the sun and if I am wearing something where the clothing does not cover it, I slap on the sunblock.

Make sure a tattoo is really what you want. Will it go along with your career choice? Can you keep it covered if need be? There are a lot of things to consider. I enjoy my tattoos but I also know that I am going to be judged by some people. Sometimes pretty harshly. My tattoos don't make the person I am, I do. Be prepared for people to look down their nose at you, much like a lot of the people on cd do very openly by anonymous screen names. Not sure they would come out in public and say some of the things to people out in public. They may whisper it under their breath, and you will know who they are.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:20 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
If pubes are coming back, can tattoos go away?

Old 12-23-2013, 07:08 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Before you wanted a posse. Now you want a tattoo. Neither one will make you something you are not. I am guessing you are about 12 years old.

I knew a guy that looked like a wimp. He got a tattoo. Now he looks like a wimp with a tattoo. Nothing more.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:11 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,172,168 times
I have a theory that in the future we'll be able to guess a person's age within 5 years without even seeing their face - all we'll need to do is look at their tattoos. Tribal tattoos, Chinese character tattoos, tramp stamps - they come in and go out of fashion, which is a bit concerning for something permanent (or at least, expensive to laser away later).

I have a lot of younger female friends with tattoos and while some of them look pretty cool, I do object to seeing brides in sleeveless wedding dresses showing lots of arm and shoulder tattoos, especially text and vulgar ones. Nothing ruins a beautiful bride, to me, more than trashy tattoos against a beautiful, special dress.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:15 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
From what I have read the biggest thing you need to worry about is getting hepatitis. Tattoos are not a good idea.

Not to mention how low class tattoos are. Get smart and don't do it.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Get a lighting bolt that goes around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty