U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 08:36 PM

18,434 posts, read 30,102,785 times

Advertisements

While I know some of you do not think tattoos are the best idea, I see no reason for you to degrade people who have them. I have them and I am not trashy nor are my tattoos. I am not low class. I do not have hepatitis. I know physicians with tattoos as well as other very white collar professionals.

I have nothing against anyone here, but I think it is very judgmental of those looking down their noses upon people with tattoos and speaks volumes about who you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 08:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 18,325,507 times
I would recommend something that holds special meaning to you and to avoid trendy tattoos that are common such as the tribal or barbed wire style designs that have little to no personal meaning to you.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:21 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,212,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
While I know some of you do not think tattoos are the best idea, I see no reason for you to degrade people who have them. I have them and I am not trashy nor are my tattoos. I am not low class. I do not have hepatitis. I know physicians with tattoos as well as other very white collar professionals.

I have nothing against anyone here, but I think it is very judgmental of those looking down their noses upon people with tattoos and speaks volumes about who you are.
Agreed

I try to avoid threads like this because as a fairly heavily tattooed person I try to keep things as positive as possible.

Regardless, to the OP I say spend some time talking to some artists, looking at portfolios and really delving into the imagery that you enjoy and can see on your body for life. A good artist will be able to draw something incredibly unique for you that you both can be proud of. All of my tattoos are original pieces of art that were drawn specifically for me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:49 AM

15,013 posts, read 8,336,104 times
Sorry have to agree with the ick factor here. Think long and hard as it could interfere with your professional life some day.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:23 AM

15,086 posts, read 12,316,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accencao View Post
I know that may seem like a silly question since it's obviously for me to decide, but then I thought just what the hey and get a tattoo soon.

I have a reasonable pain tolerance, but it's more the design i'm worried about not it hurting.

What style would look good?

that's not me, but i'd like something similar to that.
Design? Style?
That tattoo will be a part of you for the rest of your life. I would only get a tattoo of something I'm really passionate about, something incredibly meaningful to me.
Do you feel passionate abut tribal tattoos? What do they mean to you? Probably nothing.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:23 AM

106 posts, read 86,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
From what I have read the biggest thing you need to worry about is getting hepatitis. Tattoos are not a good idea.

Not to mention how low class tattoos are. Get smart and don't do it.
low class that people of varying socio-economic levels get them?

seems you're envious that the youth in your era didn't do them, eh?

Old 12-24-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Sorry have to agree with the ick factor here. Think long and hard as it could interfere with your professional life some day.
er... get with the real world.

many people of varying professions/classes have tattoos.

you know, saying tattoos are "bad" is what people long ago used to think. morals and values change, right? lol..

Old 12-24-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

This.

Let these old fogies rot, they're envious they were not born into our era lol..

Old 12-24-2013, 07:26 AM

18,434 posts, read 30,102,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accencao View Post
This.

Let these old fogies rot, they're envious they were not born into our era lol..
That isn't even the issue. I am quite sure you and I were not born in the same era. I would never tell an older person to rot and I would not call them names. I just turned forty a couple of weeks ago, so maybe I am an old fogy as well!

I got my first tattoo when I was around 35 or so.

People have their opinions, and that is how it will always be. They do not need to think they are better than someone or that someone is trashy because they are not like them.

If I never said I had a tattoo or never showed it to them, they would have no idea and would not judge me as someone who had a tattoo and called me trashy and low class. You know why? Because I am not. I am a good person who is far from those things.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:41 AM

38,536 posts, read 47,427,725 times
What would keep me from ever getting one is I'd be afraid I wouldn't like it, or I'd get sick of it. How would you like to choose a shirt that you had to wear everyday for the rest of your life? I couldn't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty