U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 09:09 AM

106 posts, read 86,679 times

Advertisements

err.. hmmm...

so many people have tattoos, yet you offended because one person wants one?

hmmm.. that's confidence and assuredness right there, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 09:12 AM

37,232 posts, read 43,552,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Printout on a piece of paper, the design you think you want and stick it to your refrigerator--somewhere you'll see it every day. After 30 days, if you still like it, then I say go for it. If not, print another one out and do the same thing. If, after several months of changing each design for one you like better, then don't get any tattoos. If you can't stand looking at it for 30 days without wanting to change it, then you darn well shouldn't get one permanently.

The above advice, coming from a popular tattoo artist!

I did something similar, but my necessary time frame was five years, not thirty days. Worked out well.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
The tattoo you posted is pretty outdated. If you must get a tattoo, get one that means something to you and will never get old.

I have several tattoos and it is not because I wanted to be like anyone else. I do have one that I would rather not have and it is more or less tribal in nature with a more feminine take. When I look at it now, I think of it as pretty outdated, but I still think it is pretty.

You have to take good care of tattoo'd skin. If you are out in the sun with it, it's best to cover it or make sure you use a good sunblock on it.

I have a very large tattoo on my upper left arm and I got it almost two years ago. When the sun hits it, it hurts and feels like I am getting sunburned. It is damaged skin at this point. I keep it covered as best I can when I am out in the sun and if I am wearing something where the clothing does not cover it, I slap on the sunblock.

Make sure a tattoo is really what you want. Will it go along with your career choice? Can you keep it covered if need be? There are a lot of things to consider. I enjoy my tattoos but I also know that I am going to be judged by some people. Sometimes pretty harshly. My tattoos don't make the person I am, I do. Be prepared for people to look down their nose at you, much like a lot of the people on cd do very openly by anonymous screen names. Not sure they would come out in public and say some of the things to people out in public. They may whisper it under their breath, and you will know who they are.
er.. most people I know have tattoos, and the opinions of others mean little to me. You're making it sound it's inherently wrong to get a tattoo or have one lol..

Old 12-24-2013, 09:18 AM

37,232 posts, read 43,552,478 times
I think it's more a matter of, if you don't have a solid idea of what you would even want as a design, getting one probably isn't your best bet.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:05 AM

20,419 posts, read 38,785,833 times
"Want to get a tattoo on my right arm. What design will look good? "

If you have to ask that question, you are nowhere near ready to get a tat.

It should have meaning for you and not be trendy. It also should not be determined by random strangers on a message board.

Grow up a bit.. then reconsider.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:06 AM

20,419 posts, read 38,785,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accencao View Post
the opinions of others mean little to me.
If that is the truth, why are you on a message board asking the opinions of others?
If that is not the truth, why lie?

Old 12-24-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
If that is the truth, why are you on a message board asking the opinions of others?
If that is not the truth, why lie?
i'm not lying.

but then people often say contrary/contradictory things, it's human nature.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:23 AM

3,062 posts, read 5,791,775 times
How about a nice van halen tattoo?

Old 12-24-2013, 10:31 AM

8,232 posts, read 6,361,061 times
Responding to nearly every naysayer's post smacks of a defensive posture or insecurity.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:31 AM

46,402 posts, read 44,730,515 times
You only ink something on your body that you care about. That's why people are dogging you.
People who get a tattoo based on public opinion end up with Tweetie Bird or Wile E. Coyote on their shoulder.
Also, tat rookies dont start with the forearm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty